DARREN ARCHIBALD ON STOLLART

DAN HAMHUIS ON LUCIC

RAFFI TORRES ON SEABROOK

Last edited:

mrmyheadhurts

Registered Boozer
Mar 22, 2007
Vancouver
Torres was a wrecking ball that post season.

The Mitchell hit was about as clean and hard as it gets, that would be my pick.

Imagine the suspension that Peca hit would get in today's NHL?

Addison Rae

Jun 2, 2009
Vancouver
Hamhuis' hit is arguably the worst thing to ever happen to this franchise, to this day I still believe that cost us the cup.

DadBod

Sep 1, 2009
Coquitlam
Bert on Jackman and Rome on Horton completely slipped my mind. Sorry guys, I'm sure I'll forget more.

These are what came to mind and I can't go back and add more to my poll. Unless someone tells me how but I can't see where to add to the poll.

Love

Feb 29, 2012
Mitchell on Toews with HM to Bertuzzi on Chelios.

Yeah Im surprised that wasnt posted. Also Bert on Jackman, and Bert on Phaneuf.

The Mitchell one is probably the best hit of the ones posted, but the Linden one is way more iconic.

skg

Jul 29, 2005
Funny thing about Peca's hit was that he nailed Selanne again on the rematch even though Jets players were threatening retribution. Peca's wasn't a big guy, but he had incredible balance and was fearless.

Ventana*

Probably Mitchell - Toews. Though I absolutely hated Chelios so watching Bertuzzi nail him was always awesome.

I guess I'll go Mitchell-Toews because of how clean and solid the hit was.

Love

Feb 29, 2012
This thread makes me remember why I wanted us to sign Steve Downie this offseason: I want a Raffi Torres replacement.

How Ya Drouin

12/08/13 GM GamesRIP
Apr 24, 2013
Ontario
Hamhuis' hit is arguably the worst thing to ever happen to this franchise, to this day I still believe that cost us the cup.

Yep.

I'm going to take Mitchell's hit, perfectly clean, no penalty, no injury on our player, on a player I hate.

Pretty much checks off all the marks.

arsmaster*

I love how bad Bert rocked Jackman and he pretty much let up. Can you imagine Raffi Torres throwing a hit on a player in the same position. He would have charged right into him. Bert let up and still concussed him iirc.

dps

Nov 30, 2011
Voted Mitchell on toews. Archy hit a close second. Torres hit would've been #1 for me if it was Duncan Keith instead of Seabrook.

vancityluongo

curse of the strombino
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2006
Edmonton
Probably Rome on Horton :) Mitchell on Toews is a close second though.

Exactly what I was gonna say haha.

Horvat2Virtanen said:

Absolutely. That combined with the Rome suspension (which to this day is the most absurd decision I think I will ever see the league make) decimated the defense and cost us the cup.

LeftCoast

Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver
Bertuzzi on Chellios, Peca on Selanne, Rome on Seabrook and Rome on Horton are illegal by today's standards.

Hip Checks are always impressive - Ballard on MCGinn and Hamhuis on Lucic are both beautifully timed and executed, but nowhere near as devastating as a hard body check.
Linden on Norton was impressive, but it had to be a faulty piece of glass. I was watching that on TV and was P.O'd because it took so long to repair the glass.

I think Mitchell on Toews is the best hit that would be considered legal by today's standard.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad