Speculation: Best bottom six centers available this summer?

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
Nic Roy will probably be made available

Maybe but Cassidy said he liked what he saw from Roy as 1C when Eichel was out. He has also talked about him being a guy who could possibly push up the lineup.

I wouldn't be surprised if they try him on Eichel's right wing to see if playing with that level of offensive player all season could pull him up to 60 points, if Marchessault proves to be too expensive.

Ledge And Dairy

Maybe but Cassidy said he liked what he saw from Roy as 1C when Eichel was out. He has also talked about him being a guy who could possibly push up the lineup.

I wouldn't be surprised if they try him on Eichel's right wing to see if playing with that level of offensive player all season could pull him up to 60 points, if Marchessault proves to be too expensive.
I should clarify that I see him being available under the assumption they keep Marchessault. If Eichel gets hurt again then having him at 3C is fine but playing him at 4C behind Eichel, Hertl, and Karlsson is not worth it at 3M. Especially when you can probably get pretty good value for him. I think something like Roy + Korczak could absolutely fetch a 1st+

Maurice of Orange

Wahatquenak
Feb 5, 2016
NJD will be in the market for a 4C.

The loss of McLeod from the lineup decimated the bottom 6, and a replacement is now needed to fill these exact areas. faceoffs, defense,PK.
The Devils signed Tomas Nosek but he ended up hurt for most of the season, a combination of Lazar, Tierney and Bowers have played 4C though nowhere near as good as McLeod.

dgibb10

Feb 29, 2024
The Devils signed Tomas Nosek but he ended up hurt for most of the season, a combination of Lazar, Tierney and Bowers have played 4C though nowhere near as good as McLeod.
Letting Jesper Boqvist walk was an incredibly slept on mistake.

Going from the speed of Wood Mcleod Boqvist to Tierney Nosek Willman was brutal.

Every shift I watched of these players made me question why Boqvist couldn't have been brought back for 775k
Screen Shot 2024-04-13 at 7.11.04 PM.png

Reactions: Smitty426

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
What do people consider as criteria for a bottom 6 center?

30-35 points and very good defensively?
35-40 points playing a sheltered role?
40-45+ points and not so great defensively?

Hard to say who would be the best without knowing the criteria.

Reactions: DaveG

Joseph Nathan

Feb 11, 2022
The should completely tear down there roster and build around Leo Carlson or Fantilli or whoever they can get for Kaprizov and Joel EK
Dude can you stop with this. Wild aren’t trading ek or kaprizov. Your bait with saying ek is a 3c is laughable

I could see the Wild making Joel EK available. Would be a excellent 3C behind McDavid and Leon
You’re embarrassing yourself. Embarrassing comment and it’s not your 1st time trying to bait wild fans. Do you know anything about ek or who he’s to Minnesota? Really

Reactions: viceroy

Unbiased Fan

May 24, 2019
Dude can you stop with this. Wild aren’t trading ek or kaprizov. Your bait with saying ek is a 3c is laughable

You’re embarrassing yourself. Embarrassing comment and it’s not your 1st time trying to bait wild fans. Do you know anything about ek or who he’s to Minnesota? Really
1st of all there is no chance that JEK would beat out Leon Drais of the 2C spot on oilers. 2 if the Wild could get Fantili back for JEK then they take that and run. From a Columbus perspective maybe something around Fantili and Guadreau or Laine for JEK and Kaprizov could make sense as that’d put them in contention

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
1st of all there is no chance that JEK would beat out Leon Drais of the 2C spot on oilers. 2 if the Wild could get Fantili back for JEK then they take that and run. From a Columbus perspective maybe something around Fantili and Guadreau or Laine for JEK and Kaprizov could make sense as that’d put them in contention
*Insert McDavid blinking gif*

Wow. This is... Something.

Reactions: viceroy

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
Seems very likely that the Av's have to move on from one of their 4 mil guys for cap, and between Colton, Lehkonen, and Manson, Av's fans seem most ok with Colton going.
Yes as to that player being Ross Colton. And for very obvious reasons.

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
Adam Henrique is about as good as you get for a bottom 6 center on a solid contender. Can play wing too and play in the top 6 if needed. Same goes for Nic Roy, he's incredibly versatile, still young, cheap and has upside.

Reactions: wetcoast

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
I’m not sure why people keep mentioning Nic Roy. He makes a paltry $3 million for 3 years after this season, has tremendous versatility both positionally and up and down the line-up and has flashed upside when plugged in higher up.

The Knights have some work to do this off-season but they will possible shed Marchesseault, Stephenson, Martinez, Mantha, Amadio and others and could always trade one of their good defensemen like Hague or McNabb (who are on bargain deals but only for one more year not three like Roy) or Whitecloud.

Trading Roy on that contract and with that versatility is an anti-analytics move if there ever was one. There are much better ways for the Knights to re-organize their salary cap structure.

If they do trade Roy on that contract - people are gonna be shocked at what he brings back and I guarantee you the team that is willing to give up what it takes is not going to view him as a “bottom six” center moving forward.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad