Nov 23, 2012
USA
Its a stylized 64th music note.

tumblr_inline_nd0aimuivp1qfk55r.jpg

whoever invented the Blues logo in 1967 was a Dream Theater fan

DonskoiDonscored

Oct 12, 2013
Coyotes logo needs more love.

Really wish they tinkered with that old third jersey with the leaping coyote. I loved that.

Chet Manley

Apr 15, 2007
Regina, SK
I'm surprised at how many dislike Carolina's logo. Seems like a fine graphical image of a hurricane, no H or name necessary.

The Bruins' logo gets a lot of love for being a B with a circle around it. Why?

Favs: Wild, Blackhawks, Kings for reasons unknown (Jets homer, actually like current over 80s-90s)
Least: Sens, Flames, Ducks

garnetpalmetto

Jerkministrator
Jul 12, 2004
Durham, NC
The Devils' logo (emblem?) isn't so much terrible as it just looks like it was designed in 3 seconds on a 1982 computer... which it probably was. At least it's simple and easily identifiable.

Philly's winged whatever-it-is (a puck?) looks very similar in style, despite being much older.

I have a question about St.Louis -- Why is there a wing on the blue-note? I like the blue-note itself, buy why the hell does it have a wing? A wing would seem to have nothing to do with 'the blues'. Nor does it have anything to do with hockey. The team isn't called The Blue Wings. Can't understand it.

Montreal's uniform and colors are fantastic, but the actual logo itself is average. Not poor, but nothing special.

The 'B' on the Bruins' uniform is great. Love it.

The classic Buffalo Sabres' circle with the sabres and buffalo is also great.

Dallas' logo looks incredibly "90s". It just screams ESPN in the 90s.

Carolina's has to be the worst. It basically looks like two different cough-syrups going down the drain in the bathroom.

Minnesota's logo looks like a Parks-Canada sign at a campsite. Doesn't really scream out 'hockey team'.

Anaheim's looks like half a potato-chip. Can't really blame the designer, though -- you can't really make a team called 'Ducks' look cool.

I like Calgary's. Toronto's classic one is great. L.A's uniform is nice enough now, but I always preferred the old 'Kings' rectangle to the current boring 'L.A.' thing.

[MOD]

Or, you know, like a stylized version of an actual hurricane.

hurricane_depth.jpg

LV*

Free my bro Leivo
Aug 26, 2012
Toronto
Best current: Leafs, Black Hawks, Red Wings
Worst current: Blue Jackets, Senators, Panthers, Ducks, Canucks

Two of the GOATS: Mighty Ducks + Whalers

Bronson

Apr 5, 2007
^^^That's a flag warning for hurricanes.

Detroit Red Wings has the best logo in the NHL. The Mighty Ducks of Anaheim had the worst logo in history along with the Islanders Fishermen and the Phoenix Coyotes.

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
Not trying to be rude, but wtf is this thing? Is it a flag? Ive always wondered.

it is supposed to be a hurricane warning flag but it only has one flag which makes it a tropical storm warning flag instead

a hurricane warning flag has two flags

they ****ed up

the black triangle behind it represents the north carolina research triangle of raleigh, durham and chapel hill

the hockey stick should be self explanatory

^^^That's a flag warning for hurricanes.

Detroit Red Wings has the best logo in the NHL. The Mighty Ducks of Anaheim had the worst logo in history along with the Islanders Fishermen and the Phoenix Coyotes.

not it isn't

it is a tropical storm warning

see above

blog_wc-DisplayFlags.jpg

PhysicalGraffiti

Bolts STM
Jul 26, 2007
NY to TB
Best: Devils. A classic done right. I'm not even sure if I'd call it my favorite because I'm an Isles fan and love the Isles logo, but it's the best. Just something about the style, the look, colors. It's all just so balanced and perfect.

Worst: Bolts. Clip art style. No depth. Rip off of Electric logo. I could go on. Being a 90's team and having such a unique identity should give a great opportunity for the logo. But Vinik and Yzerman decided they wanted to pretend to be the Red Leafs with the logo and uni.

Butch 19

Go cart Mozart
May 12, 2006
Geographical Oddity
it is supposed to be a hurricane warning flag but it only has one flag which makes it a tropical storm warning flag instead

a hurricane warning flag has two flags

they ****ed up

the black triangle behind it represents the north carolina research triangle of raleigh, durham and chapel hill

the hockey stick should be self explanatory

not it isn't

it is a tropical storm warning

well, is it a hurricane warning flag or a hockey jersey logo??

Who cares what it really means as it just looks cool. Jersey (or any) design doesn't need to be that literal.

And the Canes are one of the few teams where their alternate logo is better than their main logo. Not that their hurricane logo is bad, it's just that the flag logo is so much better.

Can you also point out the design **** ups in a penguin, a flaming C, coyote, maple leafs (leaves!), senator, buffalo and Long Island? :laugh:

steafo

Sep 26, 2005
Michigan

Who cares what it really means as it just looks cool. Jersey (or any) design doesn't need to be that literal.

And the Canes are one of the few teams where their alternate logo is better than their main logo. Not that their hurricane logo is bad, it's just that the flag logo is so much better.

Can you also point out the design **** ups in a penguin, a flaming C, coyote, maple leafs (leaves!), senator, buffalo and Long Island? :laugh:

I know Penguins cannot skate for ****. Turrible logo.

The Podium

Feb 19, 2010
Toronto

sigh... maple leafs is grammatically correct.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad