Best and worst current jersey

TheBluePenguin

Apr 15, 2015
St Louis
Ummmmm the best is the Hawks red home jersey AINEC.

Whoever it was that called it ugly should be ashamed.

The lack of recognition it’s getting so far in these comments is embarrassing.

Not sure if I would say it's the best but I agree there red Hawks jersey is really nice looking, and from a Blues fan that's saying something lol

Reactions: Geoist and shmotz

parrotdude

Dec 16, 2007
First a comment on my team, the LA Kings: The jersey is bland/boring. Sure it looks great on fans on the street, but nothing special on the ice.

I like sports teams to have bright colors. The Kings used to be silver and black. It's not even silver now. It's a dingy gray. Los Angeles used to have an image of glitz and glamour. Now the Kings jersey looks representative of urban decay. Bring back some colors.

Best: Chicago Blackhawks

Guilty Pleasure: Washington (what a modern hockey jersey should look like)
Old Pittsburgh Robo-Pigeon (great sublimed stripes)
Don't tell my wife--Duck's Orange 3rd with Mighty Ducks logo (team from Orange County should wear orange).

Most Uninspired: Coyotes (designed by somebody at 5:00 PM on a Friday not wanting to miss more than five minutes of happy hour)

Bad: Avalanche (kudos for trying different shades of red and blue, but chose better colors)
Stars (Love that you went for a bright color. Don't chose a color that nobody looks good wearing)

Hideous: Ducks (If Reese's created a Caramel Peanut Butter cup, the package would look exactly like the Ducks uniform--until Reese's quickly realizes it's hideous)

--parrotdude

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Miss the old Ducks jerseys they were cool...this is one I still have, Wild wing patches just made the Jersey so much cooler..

BC98F952-7013-4B86-8189-AE52575CC470.jpeg

The new one is just awful.

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018
Best: My team.

Worst: Your team.

Seriously though, I like most of the ones out there. Dallas is kind underwhelming to me. Don't love the Oilers, just not an orange fan and the logo has never wowed me. Blue Jackets are pretty bland, and I actually wish my Sharks went with somethin more like their 3rds for their home unis- just a personal thing, I don't like that much turquoise. Tampa could use some lettering, but the basic idea is fine. Worst for me has gotta be the Ducks- busy stripes, bland logo, meh colors. Tough name to work with, but they didn't have to make the jerseys suck too.

Every other team looks pretty good to me. I'll say Blues away jersey looks best- slight edge over my Sabres because they have the right f***ing blue.

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018
Pretty surprised to see people enjoying the Kings jerseys. I think the home plate logo leaves a lot to be desired at the very least, but the Kings' purple and gold are so iconic and historic that it's a real shame we don't have any purple home jerseys.

lak10b-doughty.jpg

These are so awesome.

Ya those are dope. Go back to that. Silver and black is alright as well, but the current grey with an uninspired crest- they're not bad, they're just far from good. Doesn't fit with LA either, way too bland.

Oh, and my obituary will have something about my undying hatred for the Buffaslug. Those were just the worst.

Reactions: DaveG

Zombotron

Supreme Overlord of Crap
Jan 3, 2010
Toronto
1. Best jersey
Homes only -PHI, PIT, NYR, CHI (aside from the collar), STL

2. Worst jersey
Ottawa is in a tier of its own. Someone tell Mr. Melnyk it's okay to use something other than an Adidas template, and that it would be very easy to go from worst to first

3. Your guilty pleasure jersey
NYI away, Colorado home on AdiZero (did not care for them on Reebok Edge)

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
Homes only -PHI, PIT, NYR, CHI, STL

Ottawa is in a tier of its own. Someone tell Mr. Melnyk it's okay to use something other than an Adidas template, and that it would be very easy to go from worst to first

NYI away, Colorado home on AdiZero (did not care for them on Reebok Edge)

Agree about that last point, Colorado improved the most when switching from Reebok (bad) to Adidas (actually nice) IMO.

Feb 24, 2017
How is anyone saying Canucks? I don’t love them personally or anything but they’re basic blue with green and white. You can’t really blow it that badly with the colours.

The Canucks haven’t been good or relevant in half a decade; It’s time to let go of the petty bs against the franchise and fans.

Reactions: Paradise Circus

412 Others

5Cups beats 2Cups
Mar 24, 2009
Black + Gold = Pittsburgh
Did anyone do the cliche' 'Original 6' response yet?? I'm calling BS on most of these people who happen to agree that the same 6 jerseys are the best in the league.

The Pens went from bottom tier to top tier when they ditched the khaki and brought back Pittsburgh gold.

Anyway

Best - tie between Blues (white), Habs (white)
Worst - Ducks (all sets of black, orange, khaki)
GP - Sharks

Tad Mikowsky

Only Droods
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2008
Edmonton
Best: You can go with any Original Six and with good reason. They all look amazing. I do wish Toronto had the dual stripe on the waist, but it’s
still a great look.

IF I had to, it’s either Blackhawks or Canadiens home.

Worst: The Ottawa Senators have the most boring, bland Jersey in the league. There’s nothing good about it.

Whaleafs

“The Leafs are mulch again”
Mar 24, 2017
HFX
Most of the jerseys today are pretty average to below average. But the worst for me is Anaheim and the best is Chicago. And I actually really like the new Vancouver thirds.

Bouboumaster

Jul 4, 2014
Best Jerseys are: Habs Home, Hawks Home, Mighty Ducks (LOVE the purple/teal jersey), Nordiques (blue), Penguins Home, Red Wings Away, New York Rangers "Liberty" Jersey, Panthers Away

Worst Jerseys are: A bunch of Penguins, Ducks and Canucks old jerseys, Preds (both of them), Las Vegas (Home looks like a pyjama)

Guily pleasure:

thumb.aspx

I know a lot of guys around here hate this, but I actually find it pretty slick. Now, if they could replace the Black with the purple again, that would be great. But still, a pretty cool jersey, IMO.

Reactions: Leonardo87

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad