Music: Best album of 2020

Thucydides

Dec 24, 2009
What is everyone looking forward to this year ?

tame impala, grimes, Selena Gomez , Bieber are the few I know of.

anything else been announced ? Maybe a new war on drugs ?

Mikeaveli

Sep 25, 2013
Edmonton, AB
Sweet Trip is working on a new album. Should be up there with the best of the year if its near the quality of their old work.

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
Many new potential albums this year.

Kirk Windstein of Crowbar and down fame has a solo album in a few weeks, Gojira, Deftones, turnstile, Intronaut sounds recharged and moving back to their roots after a few albums of a little too much stoner metal.

I'm hoping Hiatus Kaiyote announce their new album soon. It's almost done.

Curious if the Red Hot Chili Peppers put something out this year. They usually write and record pretty fast with Frusciante.

Pranzo Oltranzista

Oct 18, 2017
New Igorrr album on March 27th. First song is kind of a downgrade from his last album IMO, but the video is amazing.

ItsFineImFine

Aug 11, 2019
English XTC-copycat band Field Music's new album is fairly decent, not their best work and has a bunch of pointless short instrumentals on it but some catchy stuff too. I like this one:

I'm looking forward to the third album by Aussie band DMA's, the single from it was good.

Deport Ogie

Jun 30, 2014
Suburbia

giphy.gif

f3eMrZZnicqMJxbQcQ

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Caroline Rose has a new one coming in a few weeks. She got a ton of support following her first album, while a lot of people thought it was great. I wasn't quite as big of a fan but still thought it was good. This I like a whole lot more

Reactions: halincandenza

Saturated Fats

This is water
Jan 24, 2007
Vancouver/Edinburgh
Not looking like a good year ATM, hopefully it changes.
It's one month in and also you're wrong.

Algiers, Floral Tattoo, Alexandra Savior, Bonny Light Horseman, Mac Miller, and Destroyer have all put out stellar albums. Albums which I have a hard time imaging won't be on my AotY list. Listen to them if you haven't.

Reactions: plank

Scouter

Oct 21, 2007
It's one month in and also you're wrong.

Algiers, Floral Tattoo, Alexandra Savior, Bonny Light Horseman, Mac Miller, and Destroyer have all put out stellar albums. Albums which I have a hard time imaging won't be on my AotY list. Listen to them if you haven't.

Derivative retro YT crap and Mac Miller, talk to me when you find some real music.

Reactions: Ho Kogan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad