Injury Report: Bertuzzi to IR (out six weeks), Czarnik recalled

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com
So it's actually a yes, as long as it's 5 years. That's crazy to me, why would you trade Larkin but keep Bertuzzi, if you are moving Larkin then you should be moving Bertuzzi as well, who is a year older. Since you worry so much about Larkin's final years.

It's just ass backwards thinking.

Already told you.
1. Larkin is going to make far more.
2. Larkin's contract is 3 years longer.

On the back end of a deal, I'd rather get stuck with 1 bad overpaid year at $7M than 2-3 bad years at $9.5M.

How do you not understand a concept so f***ing simple.

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
Already told you.

On the back end of a deal, I'd rather get stuck with 1 bad overpaid year at $7M than 2-3 bad years at $9.5M.

Because your premises are bad?

1. Larkin is going to make far more because he is a far better player in a far more important position. On and off the ice.
2. Larkin is younger and far healthier.

The odds of a 5x7 going bad for Bertuzzi far outweigh the odds of an 8x9.whatever going bad for Larkin.

Reactions: JediOrderPizza

JediOrderPizza

Apr 15, 2012
Tampa, Fl
Already told you.

It's not that I don't understand what you are saying, it's that you are saying it at all with conviction.

jaster

Take me off ignore, please.
Jun 8, 2007
This is such a disingenuous sample size. Check his opponents.

MTL
NJD when the fans were chanting fire Lindy, pre hot streak
ANA
SJ
CBJ
NSH
AZ
TOR
BUF
It's like Henkka's small sample sizes earlier this season that were showing Pius Suter was the Wings best forward through 12 games or whatever. Sample sizes this small are less than meaningless. And being advanced stats makes it worse, because not only is it missing the same context as regular stats, but by virtue of being "advanced stats," it makes people think it carries more weight, or is more "right." It doesn't, and it isn't.

Please all, stop abusing statistics. They are defenseless and don't deserve it. You are recklessly causing trauma.

jaster

Jun 8, 2007
Already told you.

Cool, let's just sign a roster of average players to cheap 1- and 2-year contracts. Really minimize that risk. Don't need to worry about "overpaid years."

Choosing a replaceable winger over a non-replaceable center, who happens to be the captain, all because of the possibility that Larkin could have more "overpaid" years than Bertuzzi is, well, it's stupid. Colossally stupid, even for you.

Reactions: 13to40

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
Cool, let's just sign a roster of average players to cheap 1- and 2-year contracts. Really minimize that risk. Don't need to worry about "overpaid years."

Choosing a replaceable winger over a non-replaceable center, who happens to be the captain, all because of the possibility that Larkin could have more "overpaid" years than Bertuzzi is, well, it's stupid. Colossally stupid, even for you.
Hey, be cool. It's not stupid. It's willfully contrarian. There's a difference.

jaster

Jun 8, 2007
Hey, be cool. It's not stupid. It's willfully contrarian. There's a difference.
I wish I had artistic skill. I'd make a drawing of a field of hills, with a contrarian dying on each of them, and title it, "Condensed timeline of the life and times of MBH."

• Haha
Reactions: OgeeOgelthorpe

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
Bertuzzi has maybe $7M ugly dollars at the end.
Larkin has maybe $30M ugly dollars.
Why are you assuming Bertuzzi's contract can only be ugly at the end? Two of his last three seasons are shaping up to be absolute dumpster fires.

This season alone he'll miss more games than Larkin has in his career.

Reactions: JediOrderPizza

JediOrderPizza

Apr 15, 2012
Tampa, Fl
Why are you assuming Bertuzzi's contract can only be ugly at the end? Two of his last three seasons are shaping up to be absolute dumpster fires.

Yeah 5 years of 7 mil Bertuzzi at this rate we will be lucky to get two seasons out of him.

I'm also looking at how the team has played without Bertuzzi and they seem fine? With the emergence of Kubalik, Berggren, and Perron. Obviously you wish 30 goal Bertuzzi was in the lineup, but I have a feeling if we were missing Larkin we would be an absolute trainwreck in comparison.

Reactions: norrisnick

13to40

Feb 29, 2016
Montreal
Wouldn’t mind at all exploring the option to trade Bertuzzi when he is back and healthy. Try to maximize on whatever value he holds and hopefully a playoff team sees him as the last missing piece for their long run.

I would not feel comfortable signing him to a longer contract for a bigger dollar sign. He’s often injured and his play style on the ice never ages well for any player.

I’ve been a huge fan of his since he got drafted (I loved uncle Todd when he was a wing too) but with that being said, I don’t think it’s for the best interest for the Red Wings franchise to extend him to one of those long 7-8M$ contracts

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
Wouldn’t mind at all exploring the option to trade Bertuzzi when he is back and healthy. Try to maximize on whatever value he holds and hopefully a playoff team sees him as the last missing piece for their long run.

I would not feel comfortable signing him to a longer contract for a bigger dollar sign. He’s often injured and his play style on the ice never ages well for any player.

I’ve been a huge fan of his since he got drafted (I loved uncle Todd when he was a wing too) but with that being said, I don’t think it’s for the best interest for the Red Wings franchise to extend him to one of those long 7-8M$ contracts
Convince the Leafs that Bert is their ticket out of the 1st round. Rough and tumble Ontario boy. Just needs a chance on a good team to shine.

Reactions: 13to40

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland

And finally it will be, Red Wings who will see him as the important playoff piece.

Yep.

More and more it will probably be a bargain contract, because nobody is giving him anything significant.

Funny how doom and gloom people tend to be. Yzerman hasn't f***ed up with any caphit yet.

Bertuzzi could have high points per game -rate, but also games played will mean, total minutes will mean, etc. He's not anyhow perfect and his corona-attitude also did hurt his future deal. Lost 10 games for nothing.

It will be Red Wings benefit to extend him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad