Injury Report: Bertuzzi to IR (out six weeks), Czarnik recalled

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
This most recent one he blocked one of our shots. Had he stayed out of the way, it might have gone in.
Yea it sure is terrible to have players go to the net. Pretty sure it was a terrible shot that was was going way wide anyway.

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com
Darren Helm?
I thought this was the Helm meme
1670102495753.png

Look Ma, No Hands

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
Yea it sure is terrible to have players go to the net. Pretty sure it was a terrible shot that was was going way wide anyway.
So which was it? Was Bert in front of the net or hanging out in the corner? This is serious business.

jaster

Take me off ignore, please.
Jun 8, 2007
Man, I gotta buy gloves every year. The palms eat away so fast.
I hate wearing previously used equipment. My stink is one thing...
Ball hockey gloves are notorious for poor palm craftsmanship.

The Red Line

Oct 11, 2010
Along with any chances of a big pay day in free agency. Wouldn't be surprised if he re-signs for one year at a moderate raise.

Quite frankly, I think he's pretty much useless unless he's on the same line as DBoss. Would rather overpay Larkin than re-sign Ambertuzzi.
30 goal scorers are useless for a team that struggles scoring goals?

His play this season is very clearly due to the injuries and the recovery.

If he does end up leaving Detroit I can guarantee you the same tired mouths on here that want him gone will be whining about how the Wings don't have enough grit, sandpaper and secondary scoring.

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005

If he does end up leaving Detroit I can guarantee you the same tired mouths on here that want him gone will be whining about how the Wings don't have enough grit, sandpaper and secondary scoring.
What grit, sandpaper, and secondary scoring is Bertuzzi providing this season?

30 goal scorers that don't play are pretty useless.

Reactions: JohanFranzenstein

Snuggs

Jun 24, 2018
Have the Wings been running:
Zero extra forwards
2 extra D
1 extra goalie
?

Man, I gotta buy gloves every year. The palms eat away so fast.
I hate wearing previously used equipment. My stink is one thing...
I mean honestly you can get stuff that looks basically brand new. No lie's, but I've boughten some funky stuff before too. Lol. Everyone knows, lol.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA

He can't score 30 without DBoss, you gotta ask which one is more important, Bert can be replaced by Kubalik or Vrana, DBoss can't be replaced since he's the best UFA center this offseason.

He really hasn't provided much grit or sandpaper since his back injury anyways. Also the team isn't nearly as soft as it was a couple of years ago, there's only a couple of smaller players that can't fend for himself.

I thought this was the Helm meme
View attachment 616442

Look Ma, No Hands
... and yet he has 2 Cup rings.

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com
He can't score 30 without DBoss, you gotta ask which one is more important, Bert can be replaced by Kubalik or Vrana, DBoss can't be replaced since he's the best UFA center this offseason.

He really hasn't provided much grit or sandpaper since his back injury anyways. Also the team isn't nearly as soft as it was a couple of years ago, there's only a couple of smaller players that can't fend for himself.

... and yet he has 2 Cup rings.
Good for Helm.
I loved Darren Helm until Babcock decided he was a top 6er and Ken Holland paid him like a top 6er.
Most of the data I've seen indicates Bert helps Larkin more than vice-versa, at least until this year.

What matters is how much he costs.
If he wants 7x7.5, can you blame Yzerman for letting him walk?

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Good for Helm.
I loved Darren Helm until Babcock decided he was a top 6er and Ken Holland paid him like a top 6er.
Most of the data I've seen indicates Bert helps Larkin more than vice-versa, at least until this year.

He was never the same after the back injuries. Prior to that he was one of my favorite players.

Steve Yzerlland

Jul 18, 2018
This guy has such bad luck. Breaks the other hand right away. MOD

Last edited by a moderator:

The Red Line

Oct 11, 2010
What grit, sandpaper, and secondary scoring is Bertuzzi providing this season?

30 goal scorers that don't play are pretty useless.
Injuries happen. Those weren't "fragile player" injuries and you know it. You're blaming him for being hurt by fluke shots?

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
the scary thing is he's getting injured so much already and it hasn't even been his back yet

Zetterberg4Captain

Aug 11, 2009
Detroit
Injury risks just will give shorter term.

Still keep him.

I dont think so

He will still command 5 to 6m a season. I wouldn't commit that kind of money, let alone whatever term is agreed upon, in him anymore.

I think the money could be better invested elsewhere that helps us longer term

Reactions: Snuggs

heyfolks

Apr 30, 2007
“Both were bad luck,” Lalonde said. “This one was on the offensive side, just being in the hard areas around the net. This other one, he blocked a shot on the defensive side of things.”

Bad luck does not equate to fragile/injury prone. Helm was injury prone for years (so e stopped hitting). Fabbri has bad knees. Tyler was hit by 2 pucks while in the right places at the wrong times.

I only suggested the trade to troll you folks... j/k. I saw the Boeser article and relayed the persistent discussions around Bertuzzi being traded or leaving this off season. I don't get how some feel him taking the Wings to arbitration was a negative. He won and gained a 1 year deal worth $3.5M. He then signed a 2-year deal for $9.5M. Now this 2nd contract is the one that is likely more concerning (from a retention perspective). He didn't give up his opportunity to hit the market at 27. These facts have people leaning toward him becoming a UFA. I can't disagree. In this regard, I always side with the player. So few get this opportunity, and careers can be cut down in a moment, so why not go for the money? If the Wings want him, they have him locked into exclusive negotiations. Further they have had him locked into the team since he was 18 (think about this while at work). It isn't Tyler saying he wants to go, it is Tyler determining his value. He did it once, and won. Why not do it again? Evidence of the past builds faith in the future.

Reactions: Henkka

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
I dont think so

He will still command 5 to 6m a season. I wouldn't commit that kind of money, let alone whatever term is agreed upon, in him anymore.

I think the money could be better invested elsewhere that helps us longer term

Assuming Suter, Ned, and Erne gone the team has quite a bit of cap space if the cap goes up next season. Abby's buyout gets cut in half, Nielsen's expires, and Panik's retention is also gone.

$5 or 6 for a season would easily fit under the cap and still allow Stevie to looks for another body. The bigger problem is that there aren't many quality centers available.

I think it makes sense for both sides to do a one year contract, so Bert can increase his market value and trade value. After that, I'm not so sure since Seider and Raymond's ELCs expire.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad