Injury Report: Bertuzzi in Covid protocol

Status
Not open for further replies.

BStinson

Nov 11, 2013
Regardless of whether Bertuzzi's decision is wise from a health standpoint, it's extremely selfish from a hockey standpoint. If he were half the Red Wing Yzerman, Zetterberg, Lidstrom and such were, he'd have been on the ice last night. Furthermore if I were Stevie Y, Bert wouldn't be wearing the Winged Wheel the next time someone gave me an offer that didn't have an "unvaccinated discount"
Some would say this comment is selfish. If he doesn’t want to get the vaccine it’s his body/choice. I think he’s aware of his decision and didn’t factor your entertainment into account, sorry.
Simplest concept ; the vaccine reducing the chances of getting it.

So yeah. It could have certainly prevented it.
This content was already warned by a mod. This isn’t the correct forum/thread for this discussion.

sepster

Gerard Gallant is my Spirit Animal
Aug 19, 2005
North of the 'D"
If Bert has an actual case of Covid, when he recovers will he be treated as a vaccinated player moving forward, given natural immunity?

And let's stop with the shamming for not being vaccinated. There are plenty of players in this league and others (Lebron James) who contracted covid and are forced into protocol despite being vaccinated.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
Whoops, still early I guess.

If Bert has an actual case of Covid, when he recovers will he be treated as a vaccinated player moving forward, given natural immunity?

And let's stop with the shamming for not being vaccinated. There are plenty of players in this league and others (Lebron James) who contracted covid and are forced into protocol despite being vaccinated.
He's being shamed for not being vaccinated because he can't play in Canada and has more restrictive protocols and that affects the team. I, personally, don't give a shit what Tyler does, but to act like he's being shamed for being unvaxxed because he may or may not have caught covid is disingenuous.

Last edited:

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
This content was already warned by a mod. This isn’t the correct forum/thread for this discussion.

Thank you.

I encourage anyone curious to consult your physician and major health organizations when it comes to this topic. That will definitely be a better use of your time if you're looking for information than a Red Wings forum.

People are here for hockey so let's do our best to keep it framed around that.

Simplest concept ; the vaccine reducing the chances of getting it.

So yeah. It could have certainly prevented it.

It may have, it may not have. No use guessing and opening up that can of worms. But like I said, I encourage everyone curious to talk to their own physician and health care provider when it comes issues like this.

Marky9er

Jan 30, 2008
I'm just thinking: what if this causes Berggren to get called up and be rookie of the month for December.... I don't even want to think or talk covid anymore, but that'd be wild.

Reactions: lilidk

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
Stop this forum , Halloween is over, be respectful for each other.Christmas is coming be happy

HisNoodliness

The Karate Kid and ASP Kai
Jun 29, 2014
Toronto
that's a Bruce Lee quote.

However, since you didn't use quotes, you're tasked with 50 1-Arm pushups using only your pointing finger.

We'll need video proof also.
To be fair because Spike's fighting is largely based on Jeet Kune Do (with some kick boxing mixed in by my eye), he uses that quote in the show and it's sort of the central theme of the training in the "teach a total noob" episode.

I think a more Bruce Lee lesson would be you have to do one more regular push-up with each passing day until you get to 50, then you start over at 1-arm push-ups. Then 3 fingers, then 1

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
To be fair because Spike's fighting is largely based on Jeet Kune Do (with some kick boxing mixed in by my eye), he uses that quote in the show and it's sort of the central theme of the training in the "teach a total noob" episode.

I think a more Bruce Lee lesson would be you have to do one more regular push-up with each passing day until you get to 50, then you start over at 1-arm push-ups. Then 3 fingers, then 1

Who is Spike? What show? (I don't watch TV, at all...I only stream hockey & an occasional YT vid)

Kudos on the Jeet Kune Do reference. ..."Bruce Lee's idea to take the best of Wing Chun Kung Fu, American Boxing, French Fencing and Grappling to bring them together as the ultimate combat art, from the ultimate combat artist."

...I think all NHL'ers could benefit from martial arts training.

Sorry...Back On Topic: Bert out for a short while now = better draft% & more TOI for a few guys working to improve their stock/potential trade value. I'm ok with that. These are galvanizing moments for a young team, working through adversity.

Last edited:

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012
Reactions: RayMoonDoh

TheClap

Jul 20, 2014
Who is Spike? What show? (I don't watch TV, at all...I only stream hockey & an occasional YT vid)

Kudos on the Jeet Kune Do reference. ..."Bruce Lee's idea to take the best of Wing Chun Kung Fu, American Boxing, French Fencing and Grappling to bring them together as the ultimate combat art, from the ultimate combat artist."

...I think all NHL'ers could benefit from martial arts training.

Sorry...Back On Topic: Bert out for a short while now = better draft% & more TOI for a few guys working to improve their stock/potential trade value. I'm ok with that. These are galvanizing moments for a young team, working through adversity.

You know Spike. Bruce's brother. Spike Lee.

r0bert8841

Jan 2, 2009
Michigan
I'm just thinking: what if this causes Berggren to get called up and be rookie of the month for December.... I don't even want to think or talk covid anymore, but that'd be wild.
Berggren has been looking pretty good so I hope he gets a call up

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
Berggren has been looking pretty good so I hope he gets a call up

I see he's leading the team in goals and 3rd in scoring. 6 goals, 12 goals in 17 games.

Outside of that, can anyone who is watching those games weigh in on how he's looking?

Reactions: r0bert8841
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad