Injury Report: Bertuzzi in Covid protocol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
Screen_Shot_2018-10-25_at_11.02.15_AM.png

DInTheB

Jul 27, 2006
Agreed, but you can catch Covid being vaccinated, so not sure being vaccinated would prevent this. IE - NYI & OTT

Of course. But being the only unvaccinated player in the league already cost him nine games in Canada. The positive test is going to add at least another 3-5 games to that number.

Reactions: SoupNazi

HoweFan

Jan 10, 2017
I wonder what will happen if a few more players get it now after Tyler got it first.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
Alright folks, bringing this thread back after a big cleanup.

Here's some guidelines you'll need to follow if you want to participate:

1. Keep the conversation centered around the Red Wings and Bertuzzi.
2. Posts that counter the idea that the COVID-19 vaccines are a boon to public health will be removed and/or receive warnings. You have hundreds of places on the internet to discuss your own opinions and ideas about the pandemic - but this Red Wings forum won't be one of them. I'm sorry for the inconvenience.
3. You may criticize Bertuzzi. You may applaud Bertuzzi. But either should be focused around the impact to hockey - not the greater public health issues.

Thanks to those of you that are continuing to try to help the civil and productive discourse here. We are a diverse collection of people and backgrounds, but our shared community is based on our love of hockey and the Red Wings. So let's focus on that. Cheers and let's hope Bertuzzi has a speedy recovery.

Last edited:

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
So, everybody here seems convinced he actually has covid? Was that confirmed? Couldn't he just be a close contact as well?

Reactions: ealong59

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012
Sucks if his misses more time. Maybe getting it convinces him to just take the jab and we can get him back for Canadian trips too. The Red Wings are certainly a better hockey team with Tyler Bertuzzi on the ice and not in protocol.

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012
So, everybody here seems convinced he actually has covid? Was that confirmed? Couldn't he just be a close contact as well?

Functionally they are the same until you get at least two negative tests. It doesn't matter whether you have it or not just whether you are a close contact. You have to sit out just the same. Larkin was able to get two false results in pretty rapid order.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease

Perhaps. We'll have to wait to see. Much like we learned with Larkin, things can change. For now, just hoping for the best for him.

Retire91

Stevey Y you our Guy
May 31, 2010
Hoping the protocol is overly conservative and that it is something less serious. I had a cold a few weeks ago and thankfully the test came back negative. Even though I got the jab I was still a bit scared. Wishing him a speedy recovery and hope it doesn't branch out into anything more.

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
Do we have get in playoffs this season. I look at that as good opportunity for others to play and stand up. Wish well to Bert and his family

Reactions: ealong59

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
Alright folks, bringing this thread back after a big cleanup.

Here's some guidelines you'll need to follow if you want to participate:

1. Keep the conversation centered around the Red Wings and Bertuzzi.
2. Posts that counter the idea that the COVID-19 vaccines are a boon to public health will be removed and/or receive warnings. You have hundreds of places on the internet to discuss your own opinions and ideas about the pandemic - but this Red Wings forum won't be one of them. I'm sorry for the inconvenience.
3. You may criticize Bertuzzi. You may applaud Bertuzzi. But either should be focused around the impact to hockey - not the greater public health issues.

Thanks to those of you that are continuing to try to help the civil and productive discourse here. We are a diverse collection of people and backgrounds, but our shared community is based on our love of hockey and the Red Wings. So let's focus on that. Cheers and let's hope Bertuzzi has a speedy recovery.
It's pisses me off when some call Bert stupid and other names

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
It's pisses me off when some call Bert stupid and other names

And you're allowed to be upset by that. You're absolutely within your right to say, "Hey man, he's not dumb. He's doing what he thinks is right." Everyone is going to have a different tolerance for what's stupid and what's not.

I have no interest in censoring people's opinion on Bert... BUT...
We gotta draw the line somewhere. And that's when all the focus is on a bigger public health issue rather than him missing games and that impact on the Wings.

Reactions: BStinson and lilidk

TheClap

Jul 20, 2014
Well if he did catch it, and assuming he recovers just fine from it, on the plus side, he should be immune from catching it again for 3-6 months.
Unless omicron takes over here shortly, then all bets are off.

DetroitRed

Crashes the Crease
Apr 7, 2013
Detroit
Do we have get in playoffs this season. I look at that as good opportunity for others to play and stand up. Wish well to Bert and his family
I don't think we will get in the playoffs. Boston or somebody, Columbus, New Jersey, once they catch up to us in games played, we'll be like 5th in the wild card race.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad