Proposal: bern's NYR blueprint April 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

FameFlame069

Oct 2, 2017
Yes, yes, yes, yes, you've completely lost it... most of these are terrible for the opposite team, and even the ones that are close(Min/Car) I'd say still favors NYR, lower these expectations buddy :)

KaprizovEntitlelist

Feb 22, 2020
Wild aren't trading prospects, or 1st round pick @ deadline. They aren't adding Ryan strome

Guerin has made it clear his view is long term, not the now. He also made it clear he's not trading either 1st round picks

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Wild aren't trading prospects, or 1st round pick @ deadline. They aren't adding Ryan strome

Guerin has made it clear his view is long term, not the now. He also made it clear he's not trading either 1st round picks
I don't think he'll move either pick, but when has he said anything like this?

Drake1588

UNATCO
Sponsor
Jul 2, 2002
Northern Virginia
In all of those cited proposals, I feel confident that the other side would balk at trading a first rounder. To include Buffalo, a team a lot further away from contention than NYR, in this group is insane.

I don't get trade proposals. Put a lot of time and effort into penning a screed in which you overrate your assets and get pilloried by the peanut gallery as an inveterate homer.

Reactions: goal1228

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
Yes, yes, yes, yes, you've completely lost it... most of these are terrible for the opposite team, and even the ones that are close(Min/Car) I'd say still favors NYR, lower these expectations buddy :)
Most are terrible for the other team and favors NYR? Most of these are just bad for both side but most don't favor NYR.

The buffalo trade is terrible for both teams. Buffalo says no and NYR says no just as quick.
Both teams say no on the DeAngelo (nobody wants DeAngelo) trade ,but that's just awful for NYR. We're going to take on more cap hit in Stralman? Yeah, no.

Strome being trade for a 1st isn't really that great for NY. Hardly a terrible trade for the other team involved (unless we're still going to toss out how Stome is not a good player these days?) Let's call it close but it doesn't really favor NYR. Neither does the Carolina trade. The only trade here that completely favors NYR is the Edmonton one.

Reactions: eco's bones

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Palmieri and Zajac barely returned a 1st.

There is literally no conceivable way you receive two 2nd’s for Rooney and Blackwell. None whatsoever.

I invited all comment incl fair criticism.
That said, your reply in a vacuum is not objective as to value.

Look at how well those 2 are playing.
Look at the cost; just barely over minimum.
And that these are not just rentals this yr only, but same rate nxt yr.

THEN on top of that, that is not 2 2nds this yr.
There is some delayed gratification.

So I disagree.
EDM can stand pat, or it can make a measured investment in known commodities for this season and next at min, w/options to extend beyond if that is a good fit for all.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
you want a first and two seconds for Rooney and Blackwell? In a world where Kyle Palmeiri and Zajac return a first combined, this is absolute madness.

I want a handy from ScarJo and frankly I like my chances better.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Minnesota Edmonton buffalo says no easily
Not so easily.
MIN was 50-50 a month ago which is not even close to an easy no, and I want an update from their base.
EDM I also want to hear, not sure what moves they can make w/like zero cap, so this is a reasonable alternative if you look at the production vs the cost and all factors
Buf depends on if Lindgren is a fit or not.

I’ll leave the Carolina trade for their fans but I’m guessing a no.
That was also close to 50-50, mo like 60-40 yes, we'll see.

Also don’t understand your fascination with trading buch.
It's called math.
We have no urgency to move him now, but unless he does not want to get paid he has to be moved. That's not a hard concept to understand.
If a team gives us more for him now b'c it helps down the stretch, why turn that down?

Deal 5 why not just buyout tony d at the end of the season
B'c this is an alt for FL
Stralman is more expensive, same term, less likely production.
And if it doesn't work out, is cheaper to buy out.

Given what has happened I can understand no to little interest in ADA, but w/Ekblad broken leg, this is not a bad stopgap for them.

It is not unreasonable for NY to ask a drop of something to do that deal.
Both are being exposed in exp dr
and both may get bought out.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Strome is a solid player I’m not denying that. Just think to get him you won’t need to part with either first. Just my take. But no issue being wrong.

Totally off.
stats show guy has played ballpark like top 10 C on good $ incl thru next season.

How is he not worth at least a 1st?

And people talk about my valuation of players...

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Don't think Rooney gets traded, definitely not Lindgren.

I think Strome goes to Toronto

Blackwell probably gets a 3rd and 7th

Howden could get moved

DeAngelo better bring at least a 2nd rounder.

Buchnevich might get moved for a big return

mostly agree except ADA returns little

my pt on Lindgren is he would help at LD now at cost of future, so BUF might bite.
maybe not.
Lindgren is exiting elc
there is less financial pressure to move him, particularly now.

If Jones is "another Fox" as was recently suggested, then given $$ to Zib etc, Lindy may have to get moved in 2-4 years.
I would consider it now if Sabes were paying.
Otherwise, happy to keep him.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
1-Strome no shot at a 1
2-Blackwell for a 2? Maybe. 2 2's with Rooney? have doubts.
3- Buffalo trading 1's? Just stop. Sabres 3 years away from being 3 years away.
4 1 for Buch seems enough. D and c's get overpaid for trades not wingers.
5- Deangelo for Stralman. So tony D gets bought out and Panthers save on the deal. Yeah this one works But to add Stralman that is expensive cap number for meh.

1. disagree a righty shot C who can effective RW, currently top 10 stats, good $, also same sweet deal next season, is not worth a 1st.
Pls explain that.

2. If you look at the value, the production v. cost, also fact second 2nd is delayed return for an immediate asset, it is not unreasonable. Also Oil has zip cap room.
Again pls explain.
Or do you think EDM only needs one not the other?

3. Lindgren now exiting elc is worth a 1st. I agree not this yrs 1st, but Buf needs help NOW or it resigns itself to increased likelihood Eich goes. So following yr at earliest with pick protection is fair.

4. Buch we basically concur

5 The idea is Panthers may get dozen or so games out of ADA on the cheap at min, then costs less to buy him out than Stralman. Also outside chance ADA shines, or is attractive enuf for Kraken that saves FL from losing dif asset.

So it's not a big deal but possibly worthwhile.
I agree the ADA-Stralman deal w/+s is meh.

Boondock

Feb 6, 2009
1 - without a true replacement I don't see the Rangers having any appetite to move Strome for pure futures. I don't think the value is off, but I'm not seeing the benefit this season. Next year at the TDL if there is no movement on an extension or he doesn't fit into the Rags cap structure, but if you see this is the high value point for Strome it makes sense.
2 - I'm requesting a piss test, cause you high!
3 - Buffalo isn't trading their 1st in the next 2 seasons, especially for a 2nd pairing Dman (Lind for all his skills is not supplanting Dahlin. Ullmark is as good an option as Gio - so don't see this happening in any capacity.
4 - Buch is probably worth that price, but Carolina needs inexpensive forwards more than a winger looking for a big raise. The Canes have also come out and stated they are looking to add a RHD with term, if the Canes are going to use assets like their 1st and Drury they are more likely to use them on a D than another winger. Canes traded away their 1st last year, I don't know if they have the interest in lose another - as an up and coming cup contender they will need entry level cap hits to help off set large raises required for Svech, Hamilton (or his replacement), goaltending (starter and back up).
5 - I don't see the Panthers wanting to take on ADA and I don't see the Rangers wanting to take on AS's $5+ cap hit for next season.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Also bern why the fascination with trading strome. Vitali isn’t a center

I explained rationale for moving RS

Vitali CAN PLAY PIVOT.
I get they want to break him in easy, but he has the skills to do that, and while limited, experience and confidence as well.
Why be close minded and not give it a try?

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
I would just start out by saying Kravtsov’s played very little at center. I think he played a few games at a WJC but that’s about it. To my mind he’s not a center and the idea of taking a young player unfamiliar with a position from a very good league and having him step up to the best league in the world in that position they’re not use to playing at the same time is a recipe for disaster. Young talented players should be put in situations they can succeed at. If they’re use to playing wing leave them there.

Apart from that the Rangers have enough on their plate to figure out as far as young players, prospects and draft picks. We don’t really need tons more of draft picks at this point in time which when you’re trading for real players like Lindgren, Strome, Buchnevich and Georgiev only puts off the day when your team is ready to contend which is to say there is already a blueprint and another one’s not necessary.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
1) I'll pass on trading Strome. Value aside, what does a 1st round pick even do for NYR right now? Strome has been a good player for us. We don't have to think about trading him until the offseason/next season. Your rationalization has always been "Aging playing or does not fit long term". What exactly is long term? Not every player is going to be here for 8+ years. Not every player needs to be under 28 and Kravtsov is not taking Strome's spot at center with Panarin. If they test Kravtsov at the center position, he won't be making the jump to replace Strome anytime soon. What expectation do you have for Barron?

2) Rooney and Blackwell don't have values of 2nd around pick. Blackwell works hard and found a nice spot in our line-up this season, but he won't be valued at anymore than a bottom depth player. You're not getting a 2nd for that. And Rooney has about a 7th value, if you're lucky.

3) Rangers aren't trading Lindgren for a 2022 protected 1st round pick. We finally have a top pair that works - why trade that for some magic beans? We have Miller who plays a game with fast stick attacks. We shouldn't be wanting to trade a physical D in Lindgren. Hajek / Fox sounds like a nightmare scenario.

4) NYR don't need to move on from Buchnevich until we find out what contract he's looking for. If we trade him, it should be a hockey trade involving a player that can enter the line-up immediately.

5) You couldn't have any put thought into this deal. What happens when Stralman doesn't get selected by Seattle?

I appreciate the thoughtful, detailed responses.
Will try to pick this up in about 24 hrs.
Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad