Proposal: bern's NYR blueprint April 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

NjdevilfanJim

Jan 26, 2020
Strome has found his home since the Rangers acquired him it has clicked....Don't think Wild will trade a first for him better seeing what they get in this draft and stick to a retool or rebuild there....Blackwell and Rooney no way return that in my opinion....Rangers are either going to stick to rebuild and keep their guys or in summer go for a big trade like an Eichel type if possible maybe go after a player like Stamkos and make a run

SRHRangers

Aug 18, 2020
1-Strome no shot at a 1
2-Blackwell for a 2? Maybe. 2 2's with Rooney? have doubts.
3- Buffalo trading 1's? Just stop. Sabres 3 years away from being 3 years away.
4 1 for Buch seems enough. D and c's get overpaid for trades not wingers.
5- Deangelo for Stralman. So tony D gets bought out and Panthers save on the deal. Yeah this one works But to add Stralman that is expensive cap number for meh.

Double post.

SRHRangers

Aug 18, 2020
1-Strome no shot at a 1
2-Blackwell for a 2? Maybe. 2 2's with Rooney? have doubts.
3- Buffalo trading 1's? Just stop. Sabres 3 years away from being 3 years away.
4 1 for Buch seems enough. D and c's get overpaid for trades not wingers.
5- Deangelo for Stralman. So tony D gets bought out and Panthers save on the deal. Yeah this one works But to add Stralman that is expensive cap number for meh.

Respectfully strongly disagree with 1.

Strome is now on year 2 of turning in real 2C seasons. And he was also about a ppg without Panarin.

Some people get it later, and I think Strome is just proving that with his play.

And this is coming from a Rangers fan that thought last year was a fluke.

Reactions: bernmeister

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
you want a first and two seconds for Rooney and Blackwell? In a world where Kyle Palmeiri and Zajac return a first combined, this is absolute madness.

I want a handy from ScarJo and frankly I like my chances better.
No, he wants 2 2nds, which is still bad.

KaprizovEntitlelist

Feb 22, 2020
I heard the KFAN interview but don't remember anything about not moving picks. Guerin mostly just tells Russo "no comment" whenever he brings this stuff up live.

Can you Google it please. I swear I read this somewhere? Could it have been trade deadline article or post game/ updated trade article?

TwiztedHeat

Feb 6, 2010
I'd do the earlier 1st+3rd+Rask for Strome

If Rask is a deal breaker, I'd do later 1st+4th+Johansson for Strome

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple

1) I'll pass on trading Strome. Value aside, what does a 1st round pick even do for NYR right now? Strome has been a good player for us. We don't have to think about trading him until the offseason/next season. Your rationalization has always been "Aging playing or does not fit long term".
As explained, esp now that GMJG is excelling at developing picks, we should profit from obtaining increased potential which helps with cap now for production now which we can't afford long term. If we turn the surplus picks into actual players, we profit. THEN we can consider splurges. We are still recovering from all the stupid win now moves of recent yrs past.
As to Strome now or later, the advantage to dealing him now is presumably a team will pay more for his production during this yrs cup run, and also, we benefit from giving his mins to emerging younger guys. Gauthier should not be benched, and Krav should not be 4th line.

What exactly is long term? Not every player is going to be here for 8+ years. Not every player needs to be under 28 ...
No, but you need more players who are cheaper [typically younger if they are any good] to cover vet salaries in general and esp more so if we have a few big $ guys, like Panarin and soon, prob Zib.

... and Kravtsov is not taking Strome's spot at center with Panarin.
Whether or not Kravtsov can excel at pivot to a pt where he can be a C anywhere on any line at any time is another story. I have said that Kakko w/Panarin would work well, and I was right, and I am certain that that combo as a full line, w/Krav as the pivot will also work. If my confidence is well placed, we are getting a pivot to go w/Zib [presuming he stays] and Chytil and possibly Barron.
Again, since Strome will want, deserves, and will get $, he is not an option for us here.

If they test Kravtsov at the center position, he won't be making the jump to replace Strome anytime soon.
Disagree.

What expectation do you have for Barron?
Appears to have sufficient physical talent and ability, except not 111% confident he has better than adequate speed for NHL level. Possible top 6 pivot or W; possible bottom 6 C. Bottom 6 W is prob a waste, but these are projections. We may yet be surprised, pleasantly or unpleasantly.

2) Rooney and Blackwell don't have values of 2nd around pick. Blackwell works hard and found a nice spot in our line-up this season, but he won't be valued at anymore than a bottom depth player. You're not getting a 2nd for that. And Rooney has about a 7th value, if you're lucky.
It may have been an overreach on my part lumping Rooney in w/Blackwell. It is true, however, both are good value for the barely mo than min $ they cost thru next season. As a rental this season only, I would agree. But this season and next, I think Blackie gets that. As for Rooney, open to negotiation, but why should Rangers trade a productive player for cheap, esp since he fits exp dr requirements?

3) Rangers aren't trading Lindgren for a 2022 protected 1st round pick. We finally have a top pair that works - why trade that for some magic beans? We have Miller who plays a game with fast stick attacks. We shouldn't be wanting to trade a physical D in Lindgren. Hajek / Fox sounds like a nightmare scenario.
We don't have to move him for another 2-ish yrs.
Aside from a lefty spot other than K'AM to give Reunanen and Robertson room, there was a scouting report we all saw that said Jones is Fox level material. So at some point space has to be made.
Now setting aside cap by keeping a more expensive player over an elc one, we COULD deal two of Reunanen/Robertson/Jones, but since they are unestablished quantities, we would get a lot less.
Repurpose Lindgren, get value for him now, sell high. Give Reunanen/Robertson/Jones, mins and don't overwork K'AM. Develop depth, operate from a position of strength.

As to Hajek/Fox pairing would be some temporary downgrade b'c Hajek now is not as good as Lindgen now, but Hajek is continuing to improve. That pairing would not be a disaster. Lindy is better at clear the crease and Haj is a better skater.

Let me also add when a lot of people wanted to move Chytil/Hajek and a couple of others cheap, I said no. I was right.

4) NYR don't need to move on from Buchnevich until we find out what contract he's looking for.
If he takes less $ [like 4.5ish x 2] it is short term only to get thru covid and hope for huge $ after. Again, other players need mins. Sell high.

If we trade him, it should be a hockey trade involving a player that can enter the line-up immediately.
Vasili Podkolzin is a maybe think, not sure he can C, but is certainly high quality. Not clear if VAN wants to keep waiting for this guy or prefers immediate help.

I specified Drury + 1st and I stand by that.

However, we are best served by best player available, which COULD be a more talented youngster over a vet. It depends on who, and the reality of cost.

Adding an Eichel type for 10m+ is not smart.

5) You couldn't have any put thought into this deal. What happens when Stralman doesn't get selected by Seattle?
I am ambivalent with indifference on that one but I did consider it carefully.
First Stralman is the lesser talent/asset, so while he is available at a discount FL does have to give us something up front [perhaps a 3rd for a 5th?] to make this worth NY's while.
That aside, so what?
This is a guy just over 5+ for a guy at 4+, a dif of less than 1 per on both expiring deals. Worst case, this guy is insurance or retain and deal for a low pick to a team with an injury needing a stopgap.

thanks for the constructive discussion

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Bern will not rest until he manages to screw the Oilers out of a first, Broberg, or both.

Brutal trade proposal to the Oilers.

Blackwell is a nice story, and has an underrated shot, but he's not worth 2 2nds (Rooney is a throw in realistically).

True enough . I just can’t say what the really thought .

his posts are damned hard to read, haha.

Okay, two seconds, or three seconds if they take Turris. Still gross.

familyguybarf.gif

Well not much thought went into this one.

Am willing to draw back on the overreach w/Rooney and make it straight Blackwell for a 2nd, but I hold the line there.

Again, the guy is producing at a higher rate, and his paycheck is min.

If you want that, you have to pay.
And plus, you are being accommodated b'c this is a deal EDM, a team w/no cap space, can handle.

Now I get you may not want that, but did my eyes deceive me? Or did like a month ago we have a thread about how Oil wanted to seriously upgrade the bottom 6, not just scoring but better checking, etc, so whatever those lines were giving up would not detract as much from stellar McD-LeoDrai production?

A Blackwell for 2 yrs at bottom dollar is worth a 2nd

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
There's convoluted trade proposals featuring wordy explanations that heavily favor the OP's team, and then there's bernmeister.

remember:
people want simple solutions.
but reality IS complicated.
Hence they are forced to take complicated solutions that work and trim the edges where possible...
or accept the consquences.

Many things in life ARE simple.
Many others are not.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011

Let me also add when a lot of people wanted to move Chytil/Hajek and a couple of others cheap, I said no. I was right.
You are aware that Hajek hasn't done anything, right? It's not like he's been a standout 3rd pair Dman. He's in the lineup because we don't have anybody else. Hajek hasn't accomplished anything to suggest he's a good pairing defensemen for Fox, especially long term.

5) You couldn't have any put thought into this deal. What happens when Stralman doesn't get selected by Seattle?
I am ambivalent with indifference on that one but I did consider it carefully.
First Stralman is the lesser talent/asset, so while he is available at a discount FL does have to give us something up front [perhaps a 3rd for a 5th?] to make this worth NY's while.
That aside, so what?
This is a guy just over 5+ for a guy at 4+, a dif of less than 1 per on both expiring deals. Worst case, this guy is insurance or retain and deal for a low pick to a team with an injury needing a stopgap.
You're completely off on number 5. Rangers will be buying out DeAngelo if they can't move him, and due to age/contract - DeAngelo's buyout is only $383,333 next season and $883,333 the following season. The difference is greater than you have posted.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
f***ing god awful

Buffalo on LD has Dahlin and 3 ED exempt LD 2 on team, one in NCAA. Do not need a LD they’d expose. Buffalo is protecting 2 RD.

Buffalo does not need Georgev. They just resign Ullmark.

Laaksonrn is RD and ED exempt...so he’s not going anywhere.

willing to walk away from this one, but let's be clear:

1: in past 2 or 3 months, approx, there was a whole thread about how {to the effect that} 'Sabes don't need RD, it is one are they have plenty if anything besides goaltender, they need LD after Dahlin'.
Obv, Risto/Montour and coupla others were better off being repurposed, and having Samuellson and other emerging RD start to get broken in taking their mins.
Did not see any high end LD in recent games so not aware of depth behind Dahlin but that is 0n me.

2. You should do all you can to resign Ullmark. However, he may not want to come back, even at signif $. There is also talk of dealing him, both to get help and to not lose him for nothing.

So Geo would have been a valued add.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->