OT: Bernier/Miller Fight (and more TOR/BUF scraps)

Bandit

Jul 23, 2005
Unemployed in Greenland
Meh. Kessel's blood was up, and that big moron started it all. It's a puss move to try to fight a guy you know you can beat up.

Scott broke all kinds of unwritten rules trying to engage a star player way below his weight class who hadn't done anything to warrant the aggression. Kessel should have bought some beer and nachos from the concession stand and dumped them on him too.

Same, if Scott is going to be an idiot, he deserves the slashes Kessel gave him

Kessel was running his mouth and reached out to Scott first. I'll ask again: what did he think was going to happen?

And now Kadri is talking big. ***** please, what were you gonna do? Bite Scott's ankles?

Last edited:

kingsfan

President of the Todd McLellan fan club by default
Mar 18, 2002
Manitoba, Canada
Yeah, that.

I just think it's bit of a puss move to take a jab at a player that's being held back by an official.

Out of curiousity, but how is that jab not ok, but the twohanded tomahawk chops at the ankles are ok (I assume you mean they are ok since you only singled out this jab by Kessel as being bad)?

Ewan McGregor*

Kessel was running his mouth and reached out to Scott first. I'll ask again: what did he think was going to happen?

Man I really want to know what you guys are taking to actually think Kessel ran his mouth or even reached out to Scott first.

It's already been confirmed Scott told Kessel he's going after him. Quit the melodrama.

Muzzinga

Regehr GOAT
Oct 30, 2009

And now Kadri is talking big. ***** please, what were you gonna do? Bite Scott's ankles?

where on earth do you get the idea that Kessel instigated? Purely from watching the video, its clear to me that Scott instigated. All Kessel did was slowly take his hand off his stick and place it gently on Scott's shoulder.

I doubt Kessel has ever ran his mouth at anyone in his life, he just doesn't seem like that type of guy, and a 6'8 goon in the pre season after a buffalo player just got wrecked in a fight is hardly the time he would start

Bandit

Jul 23, 2005
Unemployed in Greenland
Man I really want to know what you guys are taking to actually think Kessel ran his mouth or even reached out to Scott first.

Probably because that's exactly what happened and it's plain to see in the video for anyone that has eyeballs in their head.

It's already been confirmed Scott told Kessel he's going after him. Quit the melodrama.

I don't think it means what you think it means...

where on earth do you get the idea that Kessel instigated? Purely from watching the video, its clear to me that Scott instigated. All Kessel did was slowly take his hand off his stick and place it gently on Scott's shoulder.

You're right, I'm sure he was offering a neck rub... All I'm saying is you don't poke a bear and then act surprised that it tries to maul you. You can't reach out at an opposing player, especially not a known goon, and expect that he's going to do anything else than try to punch your face.

Muzzinga

Regehr GOAT
Oct 30, 2009
ye your right, when a player touches another player on the shoulder with his free hand, that is clearly instigation meaning he wants a fight

I don't think it means what you think it means...

the-princess-bride-inconceivable.jpg

Battle Hymns

Sep 6, 2013
Leaf fan here, I have to say Bernier is doing everything possible to win the starters job. Sure the contract he got may be a sign that he has an inside advantage but after tonight he definitely earned to start on opening night. Not only was he amazing in net (made a double stack pad save in the third period) he smoked Miller in that fight. He has shown he wants the starters job and tonight definitely helped him. I love Reimer but I'm not sure he would be willing to get into a fight. Leaf Nation is loving Bernier so far :)

In the post-game interview Bernier said " I just felt like I had to stand up for my teammates" This guy is all class. I hope Frattin and Scrivens do well for you guys in LA.

no offense to Reimer, but there is no way in hell bernier is not gonna be the starter. They are 2 different levels of goaltenders. I'm expecting Vezina calibre numbers.

Muzzinga

Regehr GOAT
Oct 30, 2009
its actually the complete opposite of selfish.

Just dumb though, he didnt even do anything on the ice anyway so it was for nothing

MsMeow

Nov 4, 2005
The Leafs might be fun to watch this year. Can't remember when I last said that.

kingsfan

President of the Todd McLellan fan club by default
Mar 18, 2002
Manitoba, Canada
no offense to Reimer, but there is no way in hell bernier is not gonna be the starter. They are 2 different levels of goaltenders. I'm expecting Vezina calibre numbers.

I hope you mean down the road. That's lofty expectations for his first year as a starter. He does have the pedigree to do it eventually though.

Peter James Bond

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
We got jobbed by the lockout. No lockout Bernier plays first half of last season while Quick is injured and we easily get a 1st for him. I'm a little bitter but deep down i'm happy for Berny, he's a Leaf but he's built like a King.

I was hoping for a 1st for him as well, but Frattin + the 2nd are as good as the value of the Toronto #1, 21st overall.

Frattin absolutely has 20 goal potential and the Kings do very well with #2 picks. Throw in Scrivens, who is a decent backup.

I agree with what you're saying about the lockout. I was afraid that we were going to lose Bernier to Columbus in the Carter deal. There were rumors they wanted him in that deal. DL got as much value as he could.

Captain Mittens*

I was hoping for a 1st for him as well, but Frattin + the 2nd are as good as the value of the Toronto #1, 21st overall.

Frattin absolutely has 20 goal potential and the Kings do very well with #2 picks. Throw in Scrivens, who is a decent backup.

Plus cap space homey

Ewan McGregor*

Nothing is confirmed; that was the Kessel story
?

Unless you have other evidence, I'd take what he said over hfboard rumours

Also, TSN already interviewed Scott. He didn't deny what Kessel said and just blamed Carlyle for putting him on the ice. Scott is an idiot.

bral

Go Kings!
Nov 30, 2004
Corona,CA

I agree with what you're saying about the lockout. I was afraid that we were going to lose Bernier to Columbus in the Carter deal. There were rumors they wanted him in that deal. DL got as much value as he could.

Agreed, I really like Frattin and think DL got VERY GOOD value for JB given his limited play. I'm just bummed we couldn't maximize his value due to lockout. Although I am assuming he would have proved he's capable of being a #1.

Steve Zissou

I'll order you a red cap and a Speedo.
Feb 3, 2006
City of Angels
Plus cap space homey

Is it safe to say that DL used that extra cap space to sign Carcillo?

Doesn't make it that valuable anymore after saying it like that... :shakehead

(not that I'm a Carcillo hater. I don't hate anyone or anything... well, maybe except for clowns.)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad