Post-Game Talk: Bernier is a Stud, and Gleason is a Beast - Tampa 2, Leafs 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheThrill81*

I'm a fan boy of two things, and two things only (among others) : The Simpsons and the Toronto Maple Leafs.

I love Reim, but he's more like seasons 1-3 where they were just finding their groove

Bern is like seasons 4-8 where they were right in their prime.

Reim is a decent, #1 goalie. Bernier is a GOOD #1 goalie, not quite a Vezina candidate yet but he possibly could be in a few years.

And after years of disappointment with get rich quick schemes, I know I'll get rich off of this scheme. And quick!

Unless the scheme turns out to be like Homer's car of the future, which drove his half-brother to bankruptcy. I don't really care who's between the pipes, as long as the entire team plays to its potential.

Mikeyg

Dec 26, 2011
U need to cut this trash about team bernier.
Both are good goalies. Deal with it. Lucky to have both

U are not making many friends right now. U know?

you literally cannot tell me what I can and cannot say, how have both been good? in what world is a 3.25 gaa good in a single season? this isnt the 1980's, reimer isnt even in the same goaltending league as bernier, his rebound control, agility and positioning are in a different league then reimers. Have you ever heard of a starter with a 20 ish % pull rate? its a joke. I'm not here to make friend's, basically the only 3 people I like on this board are interactif, ratboy and altaris, im here to state my opinion not to make friends buddy

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
My post history proves exactly that. You're just too blind to see it.

False, I voted down other players too. And what does it matter to you whom I choose to vote for/against? I didn't realize participating in the thread was considered spamming. :laugh:

Good job on taking my post out of context. I said that because considering some of the other options that were given, it only made sense that Reimer should be included as well. But no, ignore that important part because you're nerd-raging too much. :shakehead

Perhaps you should go support the habs or sens, they could use more fairweather fans like yourself. Let the rest of us real fans enjoy our Leafs, we're above your petty and childish team X vs team Y mentality. ;)
Way to completely ignore the middle of my post!

I want the Leafs to get as many points as possible. For this season, it appears that Bernier is the guy for that to happen, so i would want him playing as many games as possible. If Reimer was playing better than Bernier, then i would want him to play the majority, but based on this season that isnt even close to being the case. So please, tell me how that makes me a fanboy of Bernier. Didn't know wanting the better of the two players to play means that I'm a fanboy.

TheThrill81*

Way to completely ignore the middle of my post!

If you can be selective with your memory, I'll be selective in my replies. ;)

I want the Leafs to get as many points as possible. For this season, it appears that Bernier is the guy for that to happen, so i would want him playing as many games as possible.

Except neither goalie has shown to be more consistent than the other. You're under this assumption that more consecutive starts = more reliable. The problem was that Carlyle didn't realize until later that you go with the hot goalie. And by the time he did realize it, our goalies hit a rough patch. Whatever choice he made clearly wasn't based on quality of play at the time, he was backed into a corner when the Leafs were sucking.

If Reimer was playing better than Bernier, then i would want him to play the majority, but based on this season that isnt even close to being the case.

It's closer than you think, but we'll agree to disagree. You can stick to your team X vs team Y agenda, I'll stick to supporting the Toronto Maple Leafs. Deal? :)

Paradoc

John Tavares is a Leaf!
Mar 13, 2013
Toronto
Considering your views on Phaneuf, I find it hard to believe you understand much of anything. :)

Uh oh, I think I pissed off a fanboy. :laugh:

I don't know about you, but I prefer to support the whole team instead of just one player. Crazy idea, right?

Yet I see you critizing Bernier every time when given the chance. :laugh:

It's kind of funny considering how you say that you support the team, and if Bernier is always the best player on the ice on most days then shouldn't you be supporting him?

Paradoc

John Tavares is a Leaf!
Mar 13, 2013
Toronto

Except neither goalie has shown to be more consistent than the other. You're under this assumption that more consecutive starts = more reliable. The problem was that Carlyle didn't realize until later that you go with the hot goalie. And by the time he did realize it, our goalies hit a rough patch. Whatever choice he made clearly wasn't based on quality of play at the time, he was backed into a corner when the Leafs were sucking.

It's closer than you think, but we'll agree to disagree. You can stick to your team X vs team Y agenda, I'll stick to supporting the Toronto Maple Leafs. Deal? :)

Hurry Garbs! Show him Bernier SV% for each month since the start of the season. :laugh:

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin

Except neither goalie has shown to be more consistent than another. You're under this assumption that more consecutive starts = more reliable. The problem was that Carlyle didn't realize until later that you go with the hot goalie. And by the time he did realize it, our goalies hit a rough patch.

Youre really telling me Bernier hasnt been more consistent than Reimer this season?

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

.926>>>>.911
2.6>>>>3.25
Only being pulled twice in 33 starts>>>>>Being pulled 6 times in 22 starts.

No idea how these stats are even close to each other, thanks for the laugh though!

Paradoc

John Tavares is a Leaf!
Mar 13, 2013
Toronto
Youre really telling me Bernier hasnt been more consistent than Reimer this season?

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

.926>>>>.911
2.6>>>>3.25
Only being pulled twice in 33 starts>>>>>Being pulled 6 times in 22 starts.

No idea how these stats are even close to each other, thanks for the laugh though!

Bernier is also top twelve in GP, and has around the same GP as Bishop, Luongo, Rask, Lundqvist, Miller and Hiller while posting better or same stats.

The Blue Devil

Nov 9, 2009
Anyone who doubts Phaneuf needs to go watch him on that PK to start the third... he was the only player on the team not to lose his position and was even making up for his D partner

Also, that St. Louis chance where he got robbed, was a direct result of Kadri and Kessel being on the ice together. They should NEVER play together, especially late in games. They are great players, but huge liabilities when paired together.

Dion was in the box to start the 3rd.

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009
I think a lot of you need to go over the Rules. If you can't stop yourself from breaking them, you won't be part of the discussion.

Ari91

Nov 24, 2010
Toronto
Was last night the first time we've heard the "Bernie" chant at the ACC?

No, I'm pretty sure he got one at the home season opener when he came in relief of Reimer. There was some sort of havoc behind the net and the net fall on top of him and as they were going to commercial you could hear the crowd chanting his name. I think they may have even asked him about the fan chant in the post game interview as well. I could be wrong about the team they were playing but I'm positive about everything else.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Yeah Bernier had one in the opener when he had to come in for Reimer.

Pretty sure he had another one

Mikeyg

Dec 26, 2011
stats bernier >>>>>>>>>>>> reimer (.5 gaa better is nuts)
playstyle bernier >>> reimer ( positional goaltending >>> scrambling)
compete bernier >> reimer (reimer lets team down too often and cant rise when called upon, (game 7))

ability to steal games bernier >>>>>>>> reimer (bernier routinely does this, reimer is more of a 3 and out kind of guy)

eye test bernier >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> reimer

thats pretty accurate, bernier is in a different league then ole "high glove"

HockeyThoughts

Delivering The Truth
Jul 23, 2007
Mississauga
stats bernier >>>>>>>>>>>> reimer (.5 gaa better is nuts)
playstyle bernier >>> reimer ( positional goaltending >>> scrambling)
compete bernier >> reimer (reimer lets team down too often and cant rise when called upon, (game 7))

ability to steal games bernier >>>>>>>> reimer (bernier routinely does this, reimer is more of a 3 and out kind of guy)

eye test bernier >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> reimer

thats pretty accurate, bernier is in a different league then ole "high glove"
:shakehead ">>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>" :help:

Paradoc

John Tavares is a Leaf!
Mar 13, 2013
Toronto
No, I'm pretty sure he got one at the home season opener when he came in relief of Reimer. There was some sort of havoc behind the net and the net fall on top of him and as they were going to commercial you could hear the crowd chanting his name. I think they may have even asked him about the fan chant in the post game interview as well. I could be wrong about the team they were playing but I'm positive about everything else.

No I think your 100% correct. Exactly how I remember it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad