Confirmed with Link: Bergevin to Speak with media today

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cobra Commander

Sep 30, 2017
Bell Center
Because of arrogance, condescension, being clueless, purple pants, all the lies, and his NON collusion with the Russians Radulov and Markov, this is where we are now..trust me... It's ok folks, not to worry, MB has made millions of dollars for himself in the past 6 years.. At the end of the day that's all he really cares about.. Believe me.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
good post and I can agree with a lot of it. A lot of hindsight but MB is paid the big bucks to make the right decision with hindsight.

Overall its been 25 years of spinning wheels and hindsight. From trading Roy to COL instead of some of the better deals that were rumored up till today its almost been a comedy of errors.

There was the curse of the bambino, maybe Roy uttered a little curse back on that night against Detroit and like the Red Sox the habs suffer the curse of the WINK. :).

25 years of all Canadian teams spinning wheels. I want the cup back to Canada and to be honest, I don't care who it is.

People think our GM is mortgaging our future but I don't see it. I think the draft and develop failure is behind us and our current GM took 6 drafts to overcome it. We need to continue to stock pile our picks and this will pay off over time.... Even if Price and Weber reach their mid 30's. I say we need to trade Patch now. Keeping him with the intention of re-signing him is a bad move. His next contract is a trap contract where he will be 30, trying to get a 8 year deal and was underpaid in his previous contract. Many of us agree with this and It's a price we should pay this season. Now is the time to make this move.

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
25 years of all Canadian teams spinning wheels. I want the cup back to Canada and to be honest, I don't care who it is.

People think our GM is mortgaging our future but I don't see it. I think the draft and develop failure is behind us and our current GM took 6 drafts to overcome it. We need to continue to stock pile our picks and this will pay off over time.... Even if Price and Weber reach their mid 30's. I say we need to trade Patch now. Keeping him with the intention of re-signing him is a bad move. His next contract is a trap contract where he will be 30, trying to get a 8 year deal and was underpaid in his previous contract. Many of us agree with this and It's a price we should pay this season. Now is the time to make this move.

unfortunately we will make the same mistake with Max as with Price. Expect 8 years at 8 or 9 Mill. Paying big bucks for a guy who has never proved it in the playoffs just like Price.

I would go to the islanders and offer Max for JT extension signed on both sides. Throw in a few picks/prospects on our end to even it out. Islanders get a local boy to fill seats and someone who can score goals at least.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
unfortunately we will make the same mistake with Max as with Price. Expect 8 years at 8 or 9 Mill. Paying big bucks for a guy who has never proved it in the playoffs just like Price.

I would go to the islanders and offer Max for JT extension signed on both sides. Throw in a few picks/prospects on our end to even it out. Islanders get a local boy to fill seats and someone who can score goals at least.

I think the Islanders go after younger pieces if JT decides not to re-sign. If the Islanders trade him before the deadline, they will not be able to negotiate a extension with Patch as you have to be less than 12 months from UFA. They can have discussions (if allowed by the Habs) but no contract can be signed.

JT would transfer our team around overnight though!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad