News Article: Bergevin Speaks to NHL network

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013
That's his literal quote. No idea what he means.

He's being purposefully ambiguous. I would guess he means both. I'm sure there are changes he wants to make to the roster and I suspect also to management. One thing about Bergevin, when he doesn't like a player (Subban, Beaulieu, Erik Cole, Briere, Rene Bourque, Eller) he'll get rid of them, especially if he's worried about their contract.

Frozenice

No Reverse Gear
Jan 1, 2010
MB had cap room this year, fail
He gave the young players a chance to play, something everyone has wanted and we had to see what we had, I'm not as disappointed with the reason why he didn't use up the cap space. If something good comes along the cap space will be spent soon enough.

Reactions: Beer and Chips

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013
He gave the young players a chance to play, something everyone has wanted and we had to see what we had, I'm not as disappointed with the reason why he didn't use up the cap space. If something good comes along the cap space will be spent soon enough.

That cap space should have been spent to resign Radulov and Markov. Radulov is worth 4 years 8 million AAV and Markov is worth 6 million, for one year, no performance bonuses.

Get rid of Shaw at the starting of the year and don't sign Alzner and there's plenty of room to pay Markov and Radulov what they're worth. Bergevin's an idiot. He doesn't know talent and he doesn't know how to build a team. Moslon's an even bigger idiot for thinking he does.

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
He is still wearing those "look at me i'm intelligent glasses". As we say in the maritimes, "what a rig".

swYp0X9.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad