News Article: Bergevin Speaks to NHL network

WickedPegJets

Feb 12, 2017
If Tavares turns down the Habs' generous offer, Bergy can always ask his former boss Stan Bowman if it's possible for a Price for Toews trade straight up.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
Not an article, but a video about his "plan"

Some quotes

"Build through the draft"
"Going to have a high pick, really good second round draft"
"I don't want to blame injuries, but it's a part of the game"
"We have to fix some issues internally, do that in the summer time"
"Nobody believes more than me in Carey price, he'll come back strong."

"Build through the draft"...

Last edited by a moderator:

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
Mario Lemieux went to the Pens at No. 1 and paid dividends with 2 Stanley Cups. The Devils who finished 2nd to last got Kirk Muller at No. 2 and as good a player he was, Muller didn't bring a Cup to the Meadowlands. Back then, there was no draft lottery. As for Sid the Kid, once again the Pens got him at No. 1 and then the NY Rangers' Glen Sather wanted the league to rule in his favour saying that Crosby should be a Ranger. He was denied.

Muller was traded for Richer and Richer was a very important player for their first cup in 95.

Reactions: Grate n Colorful Oz

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
Please don't sign the 34 year old Paul Statsny!

Well that's why I think it's a waste of time and we should trade our 3 big pieces before their value falls to put us in the best of positions for a strong rebuild. Staying in the middle ground of patching up and drafting mid-round will only prolongue the inevitable. We need to build up assets and that won't happen until they fully commit to rebuilding.

GHJimmy

We made it here.
Mar 30, 2018
Free agency is coming up and bergevin will sign only grinders and power forwards! Like we don't have enough! And here we have these garbage
Deslauriers, Nicolas
Andrew Shaw
McCarron
Now de la rose
Logan shaw
Kerby Rychel
This team goes no where unless we get goal scorers not hit contenders! It's a joke a complete joke and embarrassment to the fans and lot of people. Next year will not be a good season unless we get real good players, scorers, play makers, heck anything besides grinders and power forwards!

mariolemieux66

Sep 17, 2008
Vancouver
Free agency is coming up and bergevin will sign only grinders and power forwards! Like we don't have enough! And here we have these garbage
Deslauriers, Nicolas
Andrew Shaw
McCarron
Now de la rose
Logan shaw
Kerby Rychel
This team goes no where unless we get goal scorers not hit contenders! It's a joke a complete joke and embarrassment to the fans and lot of people. Next year will not be a good season unless we get real good players, scorers, play makers, heck anything besides grinders and power forwards!
I will take 5 years for a rebuild and that is if we trade Price and Weber as soon as possible.

Reactions: Runner77

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I will take 5 years for a rebuild and that is if we trade Price and Weber as soon as possible.

It's difficult to put a number of years on it, but this reset Molson and/or Bergevin are after, depends on so many dominoes falling at the right place and right time, that it may just lead to another series of half-baked summer moves. And since Bergevin's job is on the line and he has to deliver, we may just see him mortgage the future to an extent that he's never done before. This, above all else, is the worrisome part.

It would be a lot less risky if Bergevin were to leave in May and let someone else plan things out and execute them at a pace that doesn't involve the high risks that Bergevin is likely to get into.

X-Factor is going to be whether or not Geoff steps down as Bergevin's direct overseer. This may well be the "surprise" element that Mario Tremblay has been predicting on 98.5 FM and qualifying it as a change of considerable magnitude. And last evening when pressed about who his source is, Tremblay confirmed that it's someone at the level of Bergevin or higher.

Reactions: mariolemieux66

GHJimmy

We made it here.
Mar 30, 2018
You could say 5 years but trading Weber to someone like Seth Jones, Karlsson, more likely point getters.
And price is a franchise goalie so no absolutely not gonna happen. We just need few key players like play makers, example: Braydon point, JT Miller, John Tavares and so on. Same with Goal scorers like drouin, I know if we get a top centre drouin will provide more in the future instead of him trying for centre. It's obvious his role is LW or RW he did great both side on 3rd line, 20 goals.. Gaining 50 points in Tampa. But sure some of the defence needs a little improve like Alzner out, maybe petry, David shlemko or however you spell it... And we have a lot of young guns to produce and starting them NHL was a little too early to kick them in.

eklund the clown

Dec 28, 2010
If they don't sign Tavares(and i highly doubt they will) then start the rebuild right away.This team is going nowhere and need young high level talent.Weber ,Price and any older guys with big contracts see ya later.It's the only way this team is ever going to be a contender again.

Reactions: mariolemieux66

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad