Speculation: Bergevin shut down by owner.

Svart

Live Slow, Die Fat
Jul 5, 2006
The thing is... BGL always starts with: "Admettons que..."

Take this with a grain of salt.

Reactions: yianik

CHfan1

Apr 23, 2012
Me if this is true.
giphy.gif

Is this the start of Bergevin is fired GIF’s?

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
If this came from anyone BUT Laraque I would be ecstatic and be getting ready to read "Marc Bergevin relieved of GM duties" as soon as the regular season ends. Alas, I don't think Laraque has actually reported anything correctly, at least not recently, and I'm not about to get my hopes up in this.

that said, Molson should have stopped allowing him to make trades right after the Subban trade by firing him.

Molson should have voluntarily stepped down as President after Bergevin conned him into endorsing that trade, and let the new President throw MB out on his ear.

Reactions: mariolemieux66

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012

MasterD

Giggidy Giggidy Goo
Jul 1, 2004
Well then why ridicule the GM if he paid a 4th liner for 950K?

I mean, we should have a feast on Lamoriello for signing Martin for 2.5m$ per.....and he's not even playing now LOL

Isn't Laraque generally reliable? I think he's broken a couple tades
Yeah, unfortunately I can't remember off the top of my head, but he's announced a few things first in the past. Wasn't he the one who announced Drouin's trade?

THE HOFF

Sep 26, 2007
the only thing that would make me believe that is that people like serge savard have been critical of MB (who he himself hired in the first place). I don't really care what savard thinks, but I know molson does.

Reactions: Grate n Colorful Oz

Saint Patrick

2 rings in my hears
Feb 14, 2007
BGL or not, I don't think he survives the season, I haven't seen the team this chaotic (and bad) for a looong time. The reason he hasn't been fired yet but handcuffed instead (it's happened before) is probably because we rarely ever do that mid season. Second who's going to take his place? An interm GM? What's the point, who even wants that job right now. The new guy? Imagine the heat he will take either way, he tries to save the season and fails, or he doesnt try to save the season and fails again (with the sheep at least). Better to pretend all is well, make sure Bergevin just keeps quiet and lets the season run it's course, try for the highest pic we can, fire him at the end of the season and let the new guy make his moves. That's how I would play it and I feel thats how they are playing it. I'd be seriously surprised if he's here at the end of summer. Who's left supporting him? The team (and most importantly it's stars) have either given up on him or the team itself, the press have turned on him and thats usually the last straw, those guys supports management until practically insulting to keep it up. Molson? Maybe, but let's see how much Molson supports him when the team keeps getting painted in the light its currently painted and tickets keep dwindling next year.

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
the only thing that would make me believe that is that people like serge savard have been critical of MB (who he himself hired in the first place). I don't really care what savard thinks, but I know molson does

You wondering if he's been critical or stating it? Cuz he has been critical of Bumgevin.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
So if Armstrong, Francis, Cheveldayoff, etc etc. call Bergevin and offer a package of a Center prospect, 1st and a young player/prospect, Bergevin will tell the other GM that he can’t make that deal? Makes no sense and would be an even worse decision by Molson.

This “rumor” is more wild speculation on behalf of a guy who has been wrong countless times about things he’s sworn up and down to be a fact only to have it not come true.

I give this rumor 4 out of 5 Ek’s.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad