Bergevin: "I look to make this team better everyday"

mustardnight*

Aug 11, 2011
You guys are pretty pathetic, almost everyone. Why is everyone so ****ing negative all the time? We're fighting for the playoffs? It's incredible considering our roster!

Jagr was the biggest mistake, but otherwise what else is there to do but wait for our young guys to come up?

Pk, Price and Pac have at least 5-10 years in the tank, yet we're competing now.

It's amazing. Now wait to see what happens without Gionta's 5m, Briere's 4, Bourque's 3.3m off the books, a salary cap increase and a Galchenyuk, Gallagher, Beaulieu, Tinordi and -insert prospect here- coming up.

This thread from start to finish is absolutely bewildering

Metropolitsky

Still 4x more cups
Jul 19, 2006
You guys are pretty pathetic, almost everyone. Why is everyone so ****ing negative all the time? We're fighting for the playoffs? It's incredible considering our roster!

Jagr was the biggest mistake, but otherwise what else is there to do but wait for our young guys to come up?

Pk, Price and Pac have at least 5-10 years in the tank, yet we're competing now.

It's amazing. Now wait to see what happens without Gionta's 5m, Briere's 4, Bourque's 3.3m off the books, a salary cap increase and a Galchenyuk, Gallagher, Beaulieu, Tinordi and -insert prospect here- coming up.

Welcome to the Internet.

SquiddFX

#Seanski
Dec 16, 2013
Montreal

You read every post in this thread? Daaaayyyyuuuum, that's dedication.

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary

Not signing Jagr was a mistake 3 years ago when he returned to the NHL. Can't imagine the chemistry he'd have had by now with Pleks...

I have to think it's his reputation, warranted or not, which caused the disinterest.

We have a superb core but are several pieces from a serious contender. The Dogs should have a genuine influx of skill next year.

I'm guardedly optimistic about the future - what MB does between now and the start of next season will tell us a great deal.

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
How can Jagr possibly lack chatacter?

He is a top five all time scorer and still dominating the league at age 43.

S Bah

Nov 7, 2010
victoria bc

Just visiting the "Hub of Negativity" boards, that surround your favorite team? This is about as positive as it gets, actually there are some posters that are truly Hab fans. The detractors or trolls seem to be here in droves, that sometimes might resemble olden day Buffalo stampedes moreso than fans.:laugh::shakehead:laugh:

There are definitely a handful of goal scoring wingers that will be available through free agency this summer. Another positive in trading Diaz is that at least 2 of Tinordi, Beaulieu, Pateryn will play full time. Meaning 2-3 defensemen on cheap ELCs and more cap space to sign a top6 winger!

Bergevin will weigh his options closely with serious input from all of his evaluating team. My thinking is it's time to move some players for ones that fit the future needs of the team, glue guys that are solid every game. The type of player coaches know can be depended upon to give their best each shift, two-way beauties!

My guess is 1st round exits until his draft picks become key players.

Other than Galchenyuk, I don't see any others that are ready for the NHL, possibly Andrighetto by the midpoint next season.

MB wants to score the big draft pick. Markov is all but gone

I don't disagree on trading him. Just worried what he get back

I love Markov always have, but there is a chance this season for the Habs to gain by his trading. He gets a shot at a SC ring & can still resign next season, sounds like a win/win to me. If LA Kings send Kyle Clifford, (Tanner Pearson or Linden Vey) and a 1st for Andrei? Bergevin should be pulling the trigger on the chance for adding such depth, at least IMHO.:handclap:

The LA Kings are already very good and Markov could be the catalyst they need to keep the red lights flashing throughout the SC Playoffs, IMHO.:nod:

MontrealFans

Apr 4, 2004
Has there ever been a player that got traded and then re-signed with the team that traded him.... cause I dont think thats how it works out yet people constantly bring it up

TennisMenace

Jul 3, 2008
Buffalo
What are the chances we can unload a smurf before deadline or want to unload one?

DD 10%
Gionta-20%
Briere -25%
Gallagher-0%

Blind Gardien

nexus of the crisis
Apr 2, 2004
Four Winds Bar
What are the chances we can unload a smurf before deadline or want to unload one?

DD 10%
Gionta-20%
Briere -25%
Gallagher-0%
"Can" and "want to" are different categories. I'd guess:

DD... Can = 0%, Want To = 50%
Gionta... Can = 100%, Want To = 0%
Briere... Can = 50%, Want To = 50%
Gallagher... Can = 100%, Want To = 0%

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008

DD 10%
Gionta-20%
Briere -25%
Gallagher-0%

Gionta is the easy one, should be a good market for him. His cap hit is down to about 1.8 mil so we could keep half and trade him at 0.9 if we had to to take back an expiring contract. He's playing well lately, strong playoff history, cup winner and character player.

Briere would be pretty easy as he is playing better, plus he is known as a playoff guy.

Gallagher and DD should be going nowhere barring a ridiculous overpayment. I would look at moving DD this summer and switching Galchenyuk to center. Now is not the time for that midseason plus it would weaken an already weak spot on the wings.

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002

DD 10%
Gionta-20%
Briere -25%
Gallagher-0%

To be honest, Gionta has been one of our best players this year and I don't see him going anywhere. This says more about our forwards.... but Gio has been ok in my books.

bsl

Oct 9, 2009

Barring catastrophic injuries, which must be planned for by GM's also, PK has about 6 years left as a true star. Patches has about 4. Price has maybe 8. And Habs are not competing now. They are ****.

We need to build a contender to surround this core in the next 2 years, as is obvious to everyone except you.

Why? Because even when Habs contend, they will not suddenly win 3 in a row. They will win one, if they are lucky. Judging by recent NHL trends, Hab will need a run of 4 years as a true contender to win even one. Have you noticed that ****sburgh has not won a second one? Hmmm.

And Habs will have to be damn good, and lucky, even to get that one.

Hence the urgency on this board by thinking posters, some of whom have followed Habs for 40 years, and some of whom are scouts. Urgency which you called us all out for as a total newcomer here.

Take my advice, criticize posts, not posters. I am breaking that rule right now, but you deserve it with that post.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Barring catastrophic injuries, which must be planned for by GM's also, PK has about 6 years left as a true star. Patches has about 4. Price has maybe 8. And Habs are not competing now. They are ****.

We need to build a contender to surround this core in the next 2 years, as is obvious to everyone except you.

Why? Because even when Habs contend, they will not suddenly win 3 in a row. They will win one, if they are lucky. Judging by recent NHL trends, Hab will need a run of 4 years as a true contender to win even one. Have you noticed that ****sburgh has not won a second one? Hmmm.

And Habs will have to be damn good, and lucky, even to get that one.

Hence the urgency on this board by thinking posters, some of whom have followed Habs for 40 years, and some of whom are scouts. Urgency which you called us all out for as a total newcomer here.

Take my advice, criticize posts, not posters. I am breaking that rule right now, but you deserve it with that post.

Where are you getting these figures? All of Price, Patches and Subban have ~10 years left before they will hit the gradual decline.

S Bah

Nov 7, 2010
victoria bc
Has there ever been a player that got traded and then re-signed with the team that traded him.... cause I dont think thats how it works out yet people constantly bring it up

Katchuk and Weight

Keith Tkachuk and Doug Weight both former 1st round picks, that played for the St.Louis Blues and resigned after being traded at the deadline. Therefore the term rental player became attached to most of these players traded at the deadline that were UFA's the same summer. Another was Ryan Smyth even though he played for the NYI's and then LA Kings before going back to Edmonton where he had been captain, before his trade. There is talk he might be traded again this year. Markov truly enjoys being a Hab and wants to finish his career in Montreal, which he could still do if traded to LA, as he is a UFA this summer and Montreal could resign him and gain assets for basically renting him to LA for the playoffs.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
This is a make or break summer for me with Bergevin. If doesn't do good moves, then I will lose all hope. This season has been horrible.

habaholic

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
This is a make or break summer for me with Bergevin. If doesn't do good moves, then I will lose all hope. This season has been horrible.

Horrible?? Really? A bit of perspective perhaps!

Attachments

• Stadings.jpg
    Stadings.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 14

sampollock

Jun 7, 2008
in my home
I hope MB has burning the phone lines in the past 2 weeks,

time to set up a deal or sign PK

I hope he can move Rene/Briere MB ring those phones!

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
We just need to trade for Keith, Weber, Doughty, Vlasic and Pietrangelo and we're set. Shouldn't be hard, get on it MB!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad