Post-Game Talk: Bergevin gets reprieve, Habs over Peg 4-2!

Jul 6, 2016
Covid trades just seem unlikely....the NHL is trying to get our government to waive the two weeks quarantine.

Actually, that would make sense. Contrary to normal citizens, every single NHL players is tested on a daily basis for Covid. So, what's the point sitting them in a hotel room for 14 days while they are 100% COVID-free ?

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Actually, that would make sense. Contrary to normal citizens, every single NHL players is tested on a daily basis for Covid. So, what's the point sitting them in a hotel room for 14 days while they are 100% COVID-free ?
Exactly

tazsub3

May 30, 2016
Sadly our governments,both federal and provincial have handled many pandemic related issues with more concern about popularity then squashing a pandemic.
As such, you see them hard with sports teams, so people dont cry NHL getting preferential treatment, yet they allowed some voter heavy industries to stay open for way too long.

Reactions: 1909

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
I’ve been to Singapour and Japan.....places are spic and span.....Asia is funny like that, you got super clean countries and next door they are filth.

is that any different, at a more micro level, than any major metropolis in North America?

NYC... LA... Miami... Toronto... et. the pristine neighborhoods of the wealthiest zip codes are often only a few blocks or KMs away from areas of abject poverty and decay.

Brazil is probably the worst I've seen from that regard, literally from one side of the street to the next you can go from 5-star to favela.

Reactions: angusyoung

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
is that any different, at a more micro level, than any major metropolis in North America?

NYC... LA... Miami... Toronto... et. the pristine neighborhoods of the wealthiest zip codes are often only a few blocks or KMs away from areas of abject poverty and decay.

Brazil is probably the worst I've seen from that regard, literally from one side of the street to the next you can go from 5-star to favela.

The most prestine areas in America do not compare to Singapore level of cleanliness. They even banned chewing gum.

Reactions: DAChampion

Holystik

Nov 17, 2018
Mars
I love the McVeggie there! Actually prefer the taste of McDonalds there vs. here lol.
My favorite one in India is the spicy chicken McMaharaja!
maharaja-mac-family.jpg

angusyoung

Back in the day, I was always horny!
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar

Copacabana beach gets rave reviews,but one block as you say.....

Reactions: Miller Time

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
Copacabana beach gets rave reviews,but one block as you say.....

it's absolutely nuts... copa and ipanema are two of the most impressive major city beach front places in the world... lined with some of the priciest real estate in the world... and the hill in the middle dividing the two is a favela... we humans are a funny and not always compassionate species.

angusyoung

Back in the day, I was always horny!
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
it's absolutely nuts... copa and ipanema are two of the most impressive major city beach front places in the world... lined with some of the priciest real estate in the world... and the hill in the middle dividing the two is a favela... we humans are a funny and not always compassionate species.

I think I feel one of these coming on:rant: Look at what humans have done to their own let alone animals and the planet.Think we'd have figured things out better by now:pullhair:

Grand Admiral Thrawn

May 24, 2012
Montreal
Ducharme: Philip you're my best FO man, but as soon as you win the face off come and switch with Josh.

Danault: What if I don't win the face off coach?

Ducharme: In that case just stay on because what do you think will happen?

Reactions: DAChampion

Holystik

Nov 17, 2018
Mars
I’ve been to Singapour and Japan.....places are spic and span.....Asia is funny like that, you got super clean countries and next door they are filth.
You could practically eat off the floor on sidewalks in Japan.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad