Post-Game Talk: Bergevin gets reprieve, Habs over Peg 4-2!

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007
The only real weak spot last night was our third line, I wouldn't mind putting Byron/Lehkonen with Danault. They won't have as much skill as Tatar/Armia, but they will be tougher to play against, stronger defensively and they looked pretty good together in the playoffs.

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
I know most of you despise him. I never got the hate but whatever. Pacioretty is having a good season. 24th scorer in the league. I'm happy he is having success in Vegas. Always liked him, liked him more before he was captain (39-37 goals) he still did okay first two years then shit the bed.

Anyway, the game was fun, they showed up, there is that. I wish we could play one game v Boston tho :(
If Cole Caufield comes in and puts up Pacioretty-like goal scoring numbers most of this board will be over the moon. He was given the captaincy by management and that was when things went downhill. He is in the mold of a Mike Hoffman even a Michael Ryder, very valuable when scoring but without it, not so much.

Reactions: abo9

LePenseur

Nov 5, 2016
I love Evans and the fact he made it from a 7th round pick but we are loosing games out of his poor play at the dot, 14% today, not the first time this season.

With KK and Suzuki being young and generally bad at faceoff it is a compounding effect, I miss Thompson, we will need to trade for a trustworthy faceoff guy to take them in our zone for the playoffs.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
It’s going to be a 5-team roller coaster ride till the final game of the season - by end of this week I expect 7 or less points separating 1-5 in the division

And Leafs are off this week, so by the time they come back, they may have more than two teams breathing down their neck.

They already got Jets and Oilers a few points behind them. If Habs can win tomorrow and beat Vancouver on Friday, they'll be 3 pts behind Leafs. And they would have played the same amount of games.

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
And Leafs are off this week, so by the time they come back, they may have more than two teams breathing down their neck.

They already got Jets and Oilers a few points behind them. If Habs can win tomorrow and beat Vancouver on Friday, they'll be 3 pts behind Leafs. And they would have played the same amount of games.
Ebb & flow of NHL parity - margin of error between 1st overall and 31st has never been less

Reactions: Adam Michaels

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
Found this comment by LeBrun very appropriate:

In many ways the all-Canadian division at times has sucked all the oxygen out of the room in the NHL as far as coverage and attention goes. But the flip side to it all is that the intense glare of it in a country where the sport is still religion has meant a bunch of overreactions on both sides of the ledger.

Win 2 games: This team is great!

Lose 2 games: This team is terrible!

Let’s fire the coach! Let’s fire the GM!

The highs and lows have been exacerbated to extremes.

Intensified because Canadians are stuck at home -- the obsession with hockey got stronger

lamp9post

Jan 28, 2007
I love Evans and the fact he made it from a 7th round pick but we are loosing games out of his poor play at the dot, 14% today, not the first time this season.

With KK and Suzuki being young and generally bad at faceoff it is a compounding effect, I miss Thompson, we will need to trade for a trustworthy faceoff guy to take them in our zone for the playoffs.

Agreed. I think Evans is an obvious candidate for a playoff rental upgrade. He's not particularly good on the PK either.

Reactions: Rapala

HockeyJunkie87

Jan 20, 2021

If only the Oilers had beaten the Flames.....
Flames lookin dangerous all of a sudden and im not likin it.

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010

Leafs play on Friday so we’ll still have a game in hand but they’ll likely keep a decent amount of separation with us. We need to focus on Calgary. They’re breathing down our necks hard right now.

Reactions: Adam Michaels

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Leafs play on Friday so we’ll still have a game in hand but they’ll likely keep a decent amount of separation with us. We need to focus on Calgary. They’re breathing down our necks hard right now.

I hadn't looked at Leafs schedule. I thought with their week off, they would be back on Saturday (since that's what Montreal did in their week off).

So Habs will continue to have a game in hand on them.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Definitely not out of the woods. But if Habs find a way to beat Jets in regulation tomorrow, they will be one point behind Jets.
Yet after Saturday’s game, it was doomsday, End of Days, everyone was horrible, the fire Bergevin fan club awoke after a 4 month hibernation and the leadership of this team was being portrayed as an utter failure led by non other then Weber who’s suppose to make everyone play like Allstars with a quick glance and frown of “the stare”

ahhhhh HF.....they never cease to disappoint, a true example of bipolarism lol

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
Leafs play Cgy Friday will be an interesting game to watch, I suspect they’ll have a tough go with Sutter hockey

abo9

Jun 25, 2017
In beer league you shoot that and don't score and your parents would give you the side eye.

On a 3 vs 0, if there's no goal someone looks bad.

Pass and miss the tape? You suck. Pass and Gallagher/Suzuki miss? They suck. Deke and miss? Should have passed. Helle makes a save? Should have just shot.

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
Yet after Saturday’s game, it was doomsday, End of Days, everyone was horrible, the fire Bergevin fan club awoke after a 4 month hibernation and the leadership of this team was being portrayed as an utter failure led by non other then Weber who’s suppose to make everyone play like Allstars with a quick glance and frown of “the stare”

I think the people who want Bergevin fired have been pretty vocal for awhile. There was no hibernation to be awoken from.

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
I hadn't looked at Leafs schedule. I thought with their week off, they would be back on Saturday (since that's what Montreal did in their week off).

So Habs will continue to have a game in hand on them.

They play the Flames Friday. I haven’t payed attention to the Leafs for awhile because I think 1st place is a pipe dream for this team. I’ll be hoping they can take of Calgary for us.

angusyoung

Back in the day, I was always horny!
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
Good they won,was needed big time! Just can't believe how some of the kids are being so abused lately without retribution though. For a supposedly tough,rough team it's not really accurate is it? more cowering with a few exceptions.

Reactions: Runner77

DAChampion

May 28, 2011

I agree, the reaction after two consecutive losses was completely ridiculous.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
They play the Flames Friday. I haven’t payed attention to the Leafs for awhile because I think 1st place is a pipe dream for this team. I’ll be hoping they can take of Calgary for us.
There's little motivation for us to finish 1st or 2nd if Montreal continues to be much stronger away than at home. Let the Leafs burnout their stars in a useless quest to finish 1st.

Reactions: jaffy27

admiralcadillac

Oct 22, 2017
There's little motivation for us to finish 1st or 2nd if Montreal continues to be much stronger away than at home. Let the Leafs burnout their stars in a useless quest to finish 1st.

Being at home means nothing more than better bench positioning at the moment.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad