Speculation: Bergevin and Subban meeting?

Tim Wallach

Oct 9, 2007
Kitchener, Ontario
Good question. Maybe he considers PK more of a leader in the room? Maybe it is easier to go after the young guy in PK than the veteran in Markov? Maybe I am completly wrong?

BTW I'm not saying that the dip in performance by PK is due to the Olympics. The whole team is playing terrible for a while now, and while the players must take their part, I think a lot of criticism should fall on the coach. The thing is, I don't expect Bergevin to blame MT too much.

I agree with you, but if our management/coaches were smart, they'd realize that the quickest way to lose a room is to have different standards for different players.

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
Bergevin - "...so, PK, how you doing??...things good?"

PK - "Not great, we're losing...it gets frustrating, Marc."

Bergevin - "...so, PK, you know that Guy Boucher, eh??..what kind of coach is he?"

PK - "He's great, an awesome coach...really helped me out in Hamilton and he really cares about his team"

Bergevin - "...just like Michel, eh??"

PK - "... "

Bergevin - "...yeah, so...Michel thinks..."

PK - "When is Boucher coming? It better be soon."

Bergevin - "...yeah, gimme a couple days...RDS is gonna fry me like bacon..."

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
Heh...probaly got sent by the teacher to the principals office...Therrien benched him few games back,PK probaly got talked to by MB on request.....I wouldnt doubt it.
Therrien was asked about the meeting...he said he didnt wanna go there..(not talk about it)
Sounds like getting sent to see the principal to me...lol

If this was the case,PK should tell them 2 year deal.....will get him to UFA.

Last edited:

FisherKing

Feb 27, 2002
New Brunswick
Visit site
If this was the case,PK should tell them 2 year deal.....will get him to UFA.

This is exactly the concern I expressed in the MT thread, albeit somewhat facetiously. Still, if I'm Bergevin, it's a possibility that I would be acutely sensitive to in considering whether MT is the right coach to have at this point in time. Neither MT nor the Habs have exactly made much effort to endear themselves to Subban, and this is a guy that will be able to go where he wants and pretty much name his price when he hits FA, and 2 years can go by pretty fast.

puckeater

Dec 3, 2005
You guys are being ridiculous. Subban is not going anywhere. He IS the future of the Montreal Canadiens.

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
When Subban saw he was playing with Murray he could not believe it and started laughing asking his teammates who was responsible!

'Mike' was around and felt the superstar player was disrespecting his authority so he called his good buddy Marc to come to the rescue.

:sarcasm:

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
You guys are being ridiculous. Subban is not going anywhere. He IS the future of the Montreal Canadiens.

Only Geoffrey Molson could write this without any ******** and even then I'm still not sure whether it would be ******** or not.

Seems kinda weird that any meeting with your best player doesn't include the coach.

Also: Seems kinda weird that any meeting with PK about contract talk wouldn't include his agent. So it must not be that.

Karl Pilkington

Feb 25, 2004
Ottawa
www.canadiens.com
I love how Therrien's motto is "No Excuses" but he uses PK as an excuse for poor team performances all the time, singling him out and making him a model whipping boy.

This team has so much skill, we need an American coach who understands competition and isn't trying to turn the team into an ethics class.

McGuires Corndog

Pierre's favorite MONSTER performer
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal

I don't buy that. I wouldn't doubt it for a second that MB would choose Therrien over Subban, I could actually see the Habs dealing him for Letang. Which would be as bad as any trade the Habs have made in the past 20 years. But I could believe it.

habdynasty

May 26, 2008
I don't buy that. I wouldn't doubt it for a second that MB would choose Therrien over Subban, I could actually see the Habs dealing him for Letang. Which would be as bad as any trade the Habs have made in the past 20 years. But I could believe it.

Therrien will get fired 5 times before they trade P.K.

Coaches are disposable , norris trophy winners are not.

McGuires Corndog

Pierre's favorite MONSTER performer
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
Therrien will get fired 5 times before they trade P.K.

Coaches are disposable , norris trophy winners are not.

Pfft. I definitely agree with that.

Frankly, I've yet to see that common sense is even present with this management team. This is the same management team that didn't believe in Subban during the last contract negotiations and also didn't even acknowledge his major trophy win.

Genesis76

True Leader
May 3, 2013
Pfft. I definitely agree with that.

Frankly, I've yet to see that common sense is even present with this management team. This is the same management team that didn't believe in Subban during the last contract negotiations and also didn't even acknowledge his major trophy win.

Spot On.

I personally think Geoff should fire everybody under him before accepting trading P.K Subban.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad