Speculation: Bergevin and Subban meeting?

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
It said on That's Hockey that Subban was late for practice due to a private meeting with Marc Bergevin. Does anyone know anything more about this? Speculation as to what is going on and why they would be meeting? They didn't mention his agent there either.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
It said on That's Hockey that Subban was late for practice due to a private meeting with Marc Bergevin. Does anyone know anything more about this? Speculation as to what is going on and why they would be meeting? They didn't mention his agent there either.

I'm pretty sure it was after practice because he was late. They changed the practice to 30 minutes earlier without notice and he was late. Then he probably just got reamed out for a while about character and leading by example and all that **** your grade 7 teacher tells you when you act out in class.

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
I have no idea, but if we must speculate then I'm gonna say Bergevin needed Subban's advise on a new fashionable suit. Maybe he's dropping Hugo Boss. :sarcasm:

TwineSniper

Aug 29, 2003
Canada
Best case scenario? He pulled him in for a private meeting about his opinion on the team going forward...what he likes (PP time), what he doesn't like (Therrien, possibly).

Maybe he does the same with Price, Pacioretty (The Core)...Gionta, Gorges too (The leaders)

I sincerely hope that this teams management can recognize that no one person runs this team, no one persons view of the team and how it should play is necessarily the right decision, get it out on the table...

But who knows...it's probably the suit advice thing.

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011

Hickey just put an article out ,says Berg and PK had a heart to heart.....
Sounds like Gomez/ Gainey....Gainey/ Kovy....

Leave PK alone,stop cramping his style for frig sakes ....
The Habs would turn Crosby into a solid 50pt a year man .

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004

Feels like it sometimes... sigh :(

Lozela

Nov 11, 2010
Looks like Bergevin is seriously thinking of letting Therrien go. That's how it starts. The GM starts talking to the best players to try and see what's their opinions on everything.

Therrien is coaching exactly like he did in Pittsburgh, he's arrogant and doesn't know what to do with his defensemen... Just like in Pittsburgh

And when Crosby & Malkin had enough of him, he was gone.

Lozela

Nov 11, 2010

habs are always crying about wanting superstars but once they get them, they don't know what to do with them.

Same thing for players with size... Think about it, Eller, Bourque, Tinordi & Galchenyuk all got size and the coach basically doesn't care about them

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
I'm pretty sure it was after practice because he was late. They changed the practice to 30 minutes earlier without notice and he was late. Then he probably just got reamed out for a while about character and leading by example and all that **** your grade 7 teacher tells you when you act out in class.

Knowing Therrien he probably changed the practice time and told everyone but Subban.

Looks like Bergevin is seriously thinking of letting Therrien go. That's how it starts. The GM starts talking to the best players to try and see what's their opinions on everything.

Therrien is coaching exactly like he did in Pittsburgh, he's arrogant and doesn't know what to do with his defensemen... Just like in Pittsburgh

That was my theory as well. Talk to the players and find out what is really going on in the room. Start with Subban, go to Price, Plekanec etc. and find out what they really think is the problem in the room.

CaptainBenn

Sep 8, 2012

I heard that Therrien making MAF cry in practice is also one of the reasons he was fired... Ask penguins fans

StanAjax

Jul 30, 2003
Nantes
Visit site

Nah, it's the other way around.

- Bergevin and Subban have a meeting.

- At the last minute, the coaches decide to advance the training session 30 minutes earlier than previously scheduled (I guess everyone was supposed to be around at that time and such a last minute change is something usual).

- When the Bergevin-Subban meeting is over, Subban discovers that the training has just started earlier than scheduled and put on his equipment quickly to join everyone, being 10 minutes late in the end.

Now, that Bergevin-Subban meeting would have gone unnoticed had not the training schedule been changed and PK been late 10 minutes. Because of that, the journalists wondered, he had to answer questions, and I'd guess that the contract line was an answer to a question too...

Then, everybody speculates on something that is probably not so uncommon...

My guess :
- MB : "Hmmm, PK, you know why I asked you to come ?"
- PK : "Not a clue."
- MB : "How is your French these days ?"
- PK : "Il va le mieux en le mieux."
-MB : "OK. That could do it."
- PK : "???"
- MB : "The news is that Michel Therrien is fired and you're the new coach of the Montreal Canadiens. Let's sign a bridge player-trainer contract."

:sarcasm:

Lozela

Nov 11, 2010
someone was on twitter a couple of days ago saying how Bergevin will fire Therrien the 1st chance he gets because Therrien assured him that he would do things differently than he did in Pittsburgh. Problem is that Therrien started doing the same things again, throwing PK under the bus etc...

At the time, Bergevin's guy was Crawford and he changed his mind because Savard stronly advised him to go with a francophone

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
habs are always crying about wanting superstars but once they get them, they don't know what to do with them.

Same thing for players with size... Think about it, Eller, Bourque, Tinordi & Galchenyuk all got size and the coach basically doesn't care about them

True,been my biggest peeve going back many years....

Garth Murray line one
Kostoplus line one
Boullion as a forward
Begin line on line one
Streit as a forward on line one and two
Plek on the point on the power play
Yanik Weber as a forward
Darche on the first line power play
Patrick Poulin with Saku
Dandanult on top lines
Signing Briere who's a center to play wing...lol
Playing Emelin on his wrong side
Playing Eller on the wing
Playing Desharnais on wing
Eric Cole line 4
Drafting a center Gally to play wing
Taking Gallagher who was scoring machine, and turning him into a grinder.

Just a few examples..lol

They can't over all these years find the Right piece to play in spots...there all the time trying to turn somebody into something there not ..or put a players into a spot there not use to..or misusing players ,instead of fixing the hole .....

You would never would think it be this hard eh?

Last edited:

Hackett

BAKAMAN
Mar 4, 2002
Visit site
I heard that Therrien making MAF cry in practice is also one of the reasons he was fired... Ask penguins fans

Lol, for some reason I can actually I believe that. MAF is a flake.

I doubt this particular meeting had anything to do with therrien directly. If that was the case, then I would have expected the leadership group to be involved like gionta and plekanec.

Montreal is not an easy place to play especially for a superstar, even one as flamboyant and confident as pk. It was probably just one of those talk telling him how important he is, and what they are looking for out of him etc...

68*

someone was on twitter a couple of days ago saying how Bergevin will fire Therrien the 1st chance he gets because Therrien assured him that he would do things differently than he did in Pittsburgh. Problem is that Therrien started doing the same things again, throwing PK under the bus etc...

At the time, Bergevin's guy was Crawford and he changed his mind because Savard stronly advised him to go with a francophone

If that is true... :rant:

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004

Crawford.. jesus..

Lozela

Nov 11, 2010
Crawford.. jesus..

and trust me

no matter how i dislike Therrien, i'm glad he picked Therrien over Crawford.

That's why i was very doubtful of Bergevin

On top of that, he goes and hire all his buddies to work in the management.

like duuuuuude the actual personal on the ice needed to be adressed

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
Another thing,he we are at game 50,still trying to find lines that work..lol
The players between Martin and Therrien have been juggled so much it's not funny..
Really a joke.

thom

Mar 6, 2012
Mark Crawford would probaly go to Calagary since he and Brian Burke are close.

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
affirmative action :sarcasm:

keep-calm-and-fight-the-power-15.png

:laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad