Speculation: Bergevin and Subban meeting?

SquiddFX

#Seanski
Dec 16, 2013
Montreal
Didn't Crawford coach the Quebec Nordiques? Where he won a Jack Adams? I am pretty sure no one cared he was Anglophone then... Hell he speaks french.

Frozenice

No Reverse Gear
Jan 1, 2010
If it was AK or SK late for a practise and then went to have a chat with the GM (especially after a game like PK had yesterday) when they were here we wouldn't be having this kind of discussion, lol.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
If it was AK or SK late for a practise and then went to have a chat with the GM (especially after a game like PK had yesterday) when they were here we wouldn't be having this kind of discussion, lol.

He was late because of the meeting. If I am understanding the situation correctly.

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
True,been my biggest peeve going back many years....

Garth Murray line one
Kostoplus line one
Boullion as a forward
Begin line on line one
Streit as a forward on line one and two
Plek on the point on the power play
Yanik Weber as a forward
Darche on the first line power play
Patrick Poulin with Saku
Dandanult on top lines
Signing Briere who's a center to play wing...lol
Playing Emelin on his wrong side
Playing Eller on the wing
Playing Desharnais on wing
Eric Cole line 4
Drafting a center Gally to play wing
Taking Gallagher who was scoring machine, and turning him into a grinder.

Just a few examples..lol

They can't over all these years find the Right piece to play in spots...there all the time trying to turn somebody into something there not ..or put a players into a spot there not use to..or misusing players ,instead of fixing the hole .....

You would never would think it be this hard eh?

Michel Therrien hard at work

man-shaving-square-peg-to-fit-round-hole-5938409.jpg

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007
To be honest, I'm always surprised that there aren't MORE player-GM meetings in the league.

habitue*

Looks like Bergevin is seriously thinking of letting Therrien go. That's how it starts. The GM starts talking to the best players to try and see what's their opinions on everything.

Therrien is coaching exactly like he did in Pittsburgh, he's arrogant and doesn't know what to do with his defensemen... Just like in Pittsburgh

And when Crosby & Malkin had enough of him, he was gone.

Don't make me laugh.

Yiu really think MB is asking advices from a 24 y old player with some on ice behaviour problems ?

He possibly asked PK to focus on his game .

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
and trust me

no matter how i dislike Therrien, i'm glad he picked Therrien over Crawford.

That's why i was very doubtful of Bergevin

On top of that, he goes and hire all his buddies to work in the management.

like duuuuuude the actual personal on the ice needed to be adressed

Bergevin extended Timmins though and recognized our amateur scouting was the only part of our organization that didn't need overhauling. I'm fine with being patient about the on-ice personnel because of the last few GMs we had absolutely ruining the franchise and setting us back 5 years each time with horrible trades. If waiting an extra year to be a contender avoids a Gomez, Roy, Leclair/Desjardins, dumping all our depth at center except Saku, Ribeiro(needed to be traded, not for scraps though), Tanguay, etc. then it will be worth it.

poetryinmotion

Jul 12, 2011
No point speculating what they talked about but I'm glad they finally did and possibly put some things out in the open. This can only be good.

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
Looks like Bergevin is seriously thinking of letting Therrien go. That's how it starts. The GM starts talking to the best players to try and see what's their opinions on everything.

Therrien is coaching exactly like he did in Pittsburgh, he's arrogant and doesn't know what to do with his defensemen... Just like in Pittsburgh

And when Crosby & Malkin had enough of him, he was gone.

Well the difference is that was Shero and this is Bergevin.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
for the hell of it, I'm saying MB told PK he's going to be the new captain once he gets a dancing partner for Captain Mouth Guard

Habssince89

trolls to the IL
Sponsor
Apr 14, 2009
Vancouver, BC

But also consider that MB had to be convinced by MT that he would not lose the room the same way. MB bought it but now see's Therrien was wrong. This is great news because it seems to have nothing to do with Subban's contract. Therrien deserves to be on thin ice

Ohashi_Jouzu*

Apr 2, 2007
Halifax
Maybe there are.. If it was anyone other than Subban we likely wouldn't have heard anything about it.

Jesus, of course there are. If it wasn't Subban, and if it didn't impact practise, you're right - we likely don't hear about it. Also, at this time of year things "come up" at this time of year (read: discussions with other GMs), and sometimes it's not something you want to put aside for a couple of hours. The urgency/delay (however you wanna look at it) is the only thing "out of the ordinary" here, imo, and there are multiple possible reasons.

Agnostic

11 Stanley Cups
Jun 24, 2007
I am sure PJ Stock and Glen Healy will fill us in on the details. Roll the Jan 2013 footage of PK quietly lacing up his skates and supposedly being isolated from his unpleased team mates.

Hickey wasn't being alarmist in reporting this meeting, but the fact that he phrased it a "heart-to-heart" is telling. The fact that people now know about it means someone did not want to keep it a secret. A little concerning in that, like the 24CH footage , the team seems like it wants to create an image that it needs to manage PK closely.

Lozela

Nov 11, 2010
We'll see. Gauthier fired Martin mid season when he started acting like an ass. Gainey let Carbo do all sort of crazy stuff until he decided that he had enough.

Therrien is not coaching the team with style and elegance like the GM and the President are doing business. Therrien is arrogant and rubs people the wrong way on purpose

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Who knows these days with this team it could be anything. Every time I think it can't be more frustrating being a Habs fan, something changes that.

Jamie Thomas

Apr 4, 2003
I have no doubt this is Bergevin telling Subban to stop thinking about Team Canada and to focus more on the ice.

Halifaxhab*

I think Bergevin was just asking what colour Armoured Car he wants to deliver his paychecks next season.

Jamie Thomas

Apr 4, 2003
Then when is his heart-to-heart with Markov and Emelin?

Good question. Maybe he considers PK more of a leader in the room? Maybe it is easier to go after the young guy in PK than the veteran in Markov? Maybe I am completly wrong?

BTW I'm not saying that the dip in performance by PK is due to the Olympics. The whole team is playing terrible for a while now, and while the players must take their part, I think a lot of criticism should fall on the coach. The thing is, I don't expect Bergevin to blame MT too much.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad