Bergeron has not been on the Ice for a Short-handed Goal Against Yet

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
49:56 total minutes of 4-on-5 and 5:30 total minutes as the lone Bruin forward on the ice and he is currently sporting a clean record 22 games in to the season.

Discuss.

SPV

Zoinks!
Sponsor
Feb 4, 2003
New Hampshire
hfboards.com
jinx thread!! :)

serously, guy is incredbile, and I love that Seguin is getting a chance to learn from him day in-day out; he will be a much more complete player because of it!!!

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
49:56 total minutes of 4-on-5 and 5:30 total minutes as the lone Bruin forward on the ice and he is currently sporting a clean record 22 games in to the season.

Discuss.

What`s to discuss? PK is awsome and he`s one of the many keys as to why:)

Nicholas723

Nov 2, 2008
He is one of the top 10 players in the NHL.

No....

Just No...

I am probably the biggest Bergie fan but I can think of 10-15 players before him.

He will be a career Bruin who will start scoring 30g-50a a year in his prime(he's still only 27)

Top 10 two-way players or defensive centers? Then you have a discussion.

Don't let the homerism blind you lol

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
No....

Just No...

I am probably the biggest Bergie fan but I can think of 10-15 players before him.

He will be a career Bruin who will start scoring 30g-50a a year in his prime(he's still only 27)

Agreed, he`s cleary, for what he brings to the ice, one of the best (or as last year indicated, the best) at playing 3 zone hockey consistently, that does not make him the best or top player in the league. What he does, he does at an elite level but that isn`t the same as being referred to as one of the best players.

When comparing him to other players who are asked to do what he does, then yes but it isn`t the same

northeastern

Apr 16, 2009
boston
No....

Just No...

Top 10 two way forward? Try top 1 or 2... No homerism here, his selke backs me up.

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma
Agreed, he`s cleary, for what he brings to the ice, one of the best (or as last year indicated, the best) at playing 3 zone hockey consistently, that does not make him the best or top player in the league. What he does, he does at an elite level but that isn`t the same as being referred to as one of the best players.

When comparing him to other players who are asked to do what he does, then yes but it isn`t the same

:sarcasm:

Gordon Lightfoot

Hey Dotcom. Nice to meet you.
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2009

He IS Cleary!

Dr Seldon

Mar 11, 2003
Stockholm, Sweden

Discuss.

Another reason why he's my favorite player in the league. Although let's keep it easy with the top 10 players in the game. He need to score a bit more than he's doing to reach that level.

Oh, the "he's cleary" is a brilliant typo, http://www.boston.com/sports/hockey/bruins/articles/2010/10/01/clearing_up_bergerons_name/.

Nicholas723

Nov 2, 2008
Top 10 two way forward? Try top 1 or 2... No homerism here, his selke backs me up.

1 Selke doesn't mean you are automtially the best 1-2 two way forward in the game. Do you think any great player was regarded the best at their category the year after they won their first award?

Look at Ovechkin, many thought he was the best pure goal scorer and would be for years to come. His consistency is non-existent now.

If Bergeron continues to improve, rest assured he WILL be recognized for what he does, it's just too early.

Can't wait till the guy starts potting 30goals a year again in a full 82 game season.

Salem13

Feb 6, 2008
Salem,Mass
1 Selke doesn't mean you are automtially the best 1-2 two way forward in the game. Do you think any great player was regarded the best at their category the year after they won their first award?

Welp, Bob Gainey, Guy Carbonneau, Jere Lehtinen, Rod Brind'Amour and Pavel Datsyuk certainly did.

Nicholas723

Nov 2, 2008
WOW now I know why everyone hates us on the main boards lol! Make ludicrous statements like this then get super sensitive when someone proves you guys wrong.

We are seriously over rating Bergie TOO much.

YES HES AWESOME

But Hart trophy consideration? Really?

Isn't top 10 in the league, gets Hart consideration anyway.

sheesh...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad