Benn v Iginla (YT #4)

BlackDog13

Jun 4, 2010
PA
Good bout, one of the better ones I've seen this season. Benn gave a good accounting of himself but ran out of gas while Iginla seemed to get stronger, I'd call it a draw.

Gotta say, Iginla is a hockey player's hockey player. :yo:

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
***** ****ing move by Benn for not removing his helmet. Can never respect a guy who doesn't lose the bucket when the opponent does.

THIS TIMES A BILLION!

F- YEAH IGGY! BENN IS A POOOOOOO SIE!

I give decision to Iginla for a) not running out of gas b)NOT being a POOS like Benn.

Proust*

Dec 8, 2010
No, that's not how it works.

Benn got his shot in early but Iginla wins this fight.

It's absolutely how it works. The potential benefit of a fight is its affect on team moral and fan moral. The crowd and your teammates aren't nerds who count punches landed. A bloodied face provides the visceral image that your subconcious will use to affect your mood. If you've sustained more damage than the other guy, you lose. No hit-point meters here.

Bank Shot

Jan 18, 2006
I think that was because Benn was gassed rather than his helmet coming off.

I dunno. He threw punches immediately after he lost his lid, then he took that hard right on the cheek, turned his head to the ice and didn't throw another punch in the fight.

Looks like he folded up the tent to me.

Beendair Donedat

Punk in Drublic
Dec 29, 2010
Truth or Consequences, NM
It was a pretty decent scrap. Benny the Jet landed the one bomb that clearly bloodied Iginla, but the old warrior cane back on and Benn was in complete seatbelt mode and didn't want any more. Decision to Iginla, he finished the fight and Benn didn't want any part of him at the end.

Marotte Marauder

Aug 10, 2008
Agreed. Looked like Benn was waiting for the linesmen to get in and they never came.

They let it go on because Iggy was looking to get even. As soon as Iggy threw the haymaker that missed and he lost his balance, he stopped and the linesmen stepped in. That, along with Iggy trying to throw body punches indicates Benn won this one.

Mostly a draw except for the bomb that landed on Iggy's mush.

HackandLube

Dec 7, 2005
Benn had a good hit that resulted in Iggy needing a stitch but Iginla didn't have any injuries or a black eye in tonight's game against the Avs.

Was Benn's face really puffy? I think Benn actually took the most damage.

Communal Blood

Jun 1, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
It's absolutely how it works. The potential benefit of a fight is its affect on team moral and fan moral. The crowd and your teammates aren't nerds who count punches landed. A bloodied face provides the visceral image that your subconcious will use to affect your mood. If you've sustained more damage than the other guy, you lose. No hit-point meters here.

I've seen plenty of fights where a guy gets bloodied yet still dominates the fight. That logic is flawed.

HellsBells

Nov 6, 2003
PEI
Visit site
Great fight. :handclap:

Decision to Iginla. Benn lands a nice one but Iginla takes over from there.

Iginla is a great leader and i`d go through a wall for him if he were my captain.

Its too bad the current Flames, save for a few, wouldnt go through a wet paper bag for anyone.

ponder

Jul 11, 2007
Vancouver
I give it to Iggy, Benn got the cut but Iggy was dominating him for much of the fight otherwise, and you could see that Benn wanted no more of Iggy for the 2nd half of the fight.

Also, MASSIVE ***** move by Benn to not take off his helmet.

Spotty 2 Hotty

Special teams, special plays, special players
Feb 28, 2008
ATX
I give it to Iggy, Benn got the cut but Iggy was dominating him for much of the fight otherwise, and you could see that Benn wanted no more of Iggy for the 2nd half of the fight.

Also, MASSIVE ***** move by Benn to not take off his helmet.

:rolleyes:
Please, I'm tired of hearing that.

1) Iginla challenged Benn to the fight because Benn made a legal hit on one of the Flames players. Therefore, Iginla knew he would have to remove his visor or face more penalization because he would've been nailed for instigating the fight and wearing the visor.

2) Benn has no visor, therefore he doesn't have to remove his helmet. Out of his 5 NHL fights, he only had a visor during one of those, and he removed it before the fight (vs Erik Johnson). Three of his other fights were against visor-wearing opponents who DID NOT remove their helmets (Kunitz, Kennedy, and Setoguchi).

3) If you want to talk about ***** moves, I can show you a few youtube videos of Iginla fighting opponents while still wearing his visor if you'd like me to.

QQ

CorsiCounter

Sep 1, 2006
Iginla only ever fights with a visor when the fight doesn't start with him squaring off with the other player.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad