Benn v Iginla (YT #4)

TangoMcBride

Feb 28, 2008
The DF Dub
Iginla won? That's ridiculous. That first shot from Benn was BY FAR the best punch of the fight. Iginla threw more shots but very few of them actually landed and the ones that did were rabbit punches with no power in them whatsoever.

Meganuck*

@TangoMcBride.

I agree. He didnt seem to land many punches there at the end.

MrAlfie

Benn is a ***** for keeping the helmet on. Iginla was waiting for it that's why he wasn't as prepared when Benn started punching. Wouldn't be surprised if he told him to take the helmet off.

Once it was off you could see Benn being very hesitant to keep his head in the line of fire.

Coward.

Street Hawk

Feb 18, 2003
Visit site
Good tilt..
But, why does Benn have his helmet on? Did Iggy lose his lid earlier, cause he's the type of guy if he's fighting a non-visor player will remove his helmet. When he does that, the non-visor opponent should remove his helmet as well.

A little honour would be nice to see.

MaxChart

Nov 7, 2010
Montréal
Iginla won, but took ate some serious punches early on.

Benn is really becoming a complete player.

Also, I don't think him keeping his helmet, which is visor-less, a b*tch move. :dunno:

Analyzer*

***** ****ing move by Benn for not removing his helmet. Can never respect a guy who doesn't lose the bucket when the opponent does.

Benn doesn't wear a visor, Iginla does, that's why Iginla took his off. I don't see a problem with it ?

Unless I somehow completely missed Benn's visor.

Janks

Pope Janks
Jan 7, 2010
Calgary
Analyzer, it's more the fact that it shows that Benn is being unsportsmanlike. If he takes off his helmet, then it seems more fare of a standoff. Iginla for the first part of the fight tried to take Benn's helmet off, then preceded to pound him.

the_speedster

Jul 7, 2007
what's with these young players that haven't earned their respect these days...

I tell you;.... it's enough for me to resurrect my twitter page - Dan Ellis

:sarcasm:

the_speedster

Jul 7, 2007
***** ****ing move by Benn for not removing his helmet. Can never respect a guy who doesn't lose the bucket when the opponent does.

I'll give the kid a break.. he looked scared ****less... I mean he's a second year player facing off against Jarome "freakin'" iginla...

10 bucks says he sent an apology over to iggy for tagging him early before they were both set.

piqued

nos merentur hoc
Nov 22, 2006
I just can't respect Iginla for getting punched in the face so hard.

Ambassador Of Fun

Jun 23, 2010
To be fair, Iginla challenged Benn because of a clean hit he threw. Also, I remember on more than one occasion where Iginla has fought with his helmet WITH a visor on. It doesn't bother me that much though.

Aaronxxx

Oct 12, 2009
atlanta
watch iginla signal to benn to take his helmet off, and benn answers by throwing punches instead. classy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad