NFL: Bengals vs Steelers Post Game Thread

PanthersPens62

Coach Nerd
Mar 7, 2009
Mike's Wheel Barrell
what a roller coaster ride of emotions the last 2 minutes.
got in my car for the ride home from work just in time to hear the end on CBS radio.
Dan Fouts tore into those 2 clowns who cost the Bengals 30 yards in penalties.
Burfict has and will always be a POS.
Pacman Jones is a clown.
somethings never change.
By the way, so did noted Bengals homer Boomer Esiason on the CBS tv post game show. He called the Bengals lack of discipline "disgraceful" & basically said Burfict has no place in the NFL.

ImporterExporter

"You're a boring old man"
Jun 18, 2013
Oblivion Express
Yeah, i LOVE how every Bengals fan and Steelers hater is focusing on the Porter issue when the Steelers were penalized far more (142 to 79), and the refs missed multiple personal fouls/unsportsmanlike conducts, by not only the players but also the damn mongoloid fan base for about half the game.

Jeremey Hill in the middle of the field, trying to start a rumble got nothing.

Burfict spearing DeCastro nowhere near the play and late, got nothing.

Oh, and the classy fans got nothing for basically spending 3 quarters chucking **** onto the field AND at players, including a guy going off on a cart.

And you clowns seriously want to point the finger at the refs "missing" Joey Porter being in the middle of scrum? G.T.F.O.O.H.

Oh, and btw, even if you don't give Pittsburgh the extra 15, they are already still in FG range with time to move the ball further down the field. The Bengals, notably Burfict and Jones (2 of the biggest thugs and moronic human scum you will find in the NFL) blew that game. Period. End of story.

Oh, and I love seeing a coach in the post game presser throw his entire team under the bus (looking at you Marvin), when he clearly has no control over that locker room.

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
"Everyone who doesn't agree with me is a hater".

God I ****ing hate that word.

Schefter says Porter is facing a fine and Burfict a suspension for last night

Sep 19, 2008
Pacman Jones: 'The [expletive] officials did a horrible job'
Pittsburgh Post-Gazette‎ - 7 hours ago
By Ray Fittipaldo / Pittsburgh Post-Gazette. CINCINNATI — The Cincinnati Bengals ...

:laugh:

“I was trying to figure out why the [expletive] Jerry Porter was on the field and talking [expletive],” Jones said. “He didn’t have nothing to do with the injury and he was in the middle of the huddle. He did that [expletive] the whole game. The [expletive] officials did a horrible job, the whole [expletive] game. What the [expletive] is the difference from the hit Vontaze had than the other hit [from Bengals defensive back Shawn Williams earlier in the game]? What’s the difference? Tell me. Then they have Jerry Porter in the middle of the field. He’s not even supposed to be on the [expletive] field. I’m done talking to you [expletives].”

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
No, he "no commented" the penalties. I think people are reading too much into the statements on Hill. All the stupidity aside, you CANNOT fumble there, no matter the weather. I think Hill knows that, and that's what Marvin meant.

Jeremy Hill has fumbled all year too. That's why he lost the starting job to Bernard. I'm sure he wishes he used Burkhead instead but hindsight is 20/20.

ImporterExporter

"You're a boring old man"
Jun 18, 2013
Oblivion Express
Marvin Lewis didn't throw his team under the bus.

An accountable head coach says first and foremost that the constant flow of Bengals onto the field for the majority of the game is on him. If you can't control your players you don't belong in the NFL as a HC. Period.

Pittsburgh was penalized nearly twice as many yards and yet the only thing the Bengals classless fan base can fall back on his Joey Porter being on the field as if that was the major mistake in the game, filled with moronic plays and non calls vs Cincy all night. Cincinnati is a joke franchise. Have been for decades.

TNT87

Jun 23, 2010
PA
You know I actually agree with Jones.

There is no reason why former Raiders WR Jerry Porter should be on the field.

lifelonghockeyfan

Dec 18, 2015
Lake Huron
When the Bengals scored the TD with 1:23 left to play, do anything think...too much time on the clock, Pittsburg is going come back and kick a FG?

Didn't think we would see an interception, fumble and 2 major penalties before the game ended though.

If only the Pittsburg DB had tackled the WR at the 2 yard line, Pittsburg likely would not have had time to come back.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
By the way, so did noted Bengals homer Boomer Esiason on the CBS tv post game show. He called the Bengals lack of discipline "disgraceful" & basically said Burfict has no place in the NFL.

He made some pretty deep cuts...he was openly ashamed of his former employer last night...you simply don't see honest and open disgust like that from former players too often.

You know I actually agree with Jones.

There is no reason why former Raiders WR Jerry Porter should be on the field.

:laugh:

Marvin Lewis is like the Paul Maurice of the NFL :laugh:

If Maurice was still coaching the Hurricanes.

Shazier had 13 tackles, 9 solo, 2 TFL, 2 forced fumbles, 2 passes defended and 1 fumble recovery.

....good day at the office.

He's really ****ing good when he's healthy...sadly that isn't too often.

Sakicfan

Oct 30, 2006

We can see in this video what Porter was doing on the field. He was mostly minding his own business and checkin Brown's status until he got pushed into a circle of Bengals players.

Look at the 9:58 mark. Brown is being led off the field by the trainers. Porter follows them. Burfict goes to tap on Brown's shoulder (probably to apologize). The trainer helping Brown off the field shoves Burfict away. Porter then put himself between the trainer and Burfict, either to trashtalk or to simply say "don't touch him/stay away from him". Nothing too bad up until now. Bengals player #95 then bumps into Porter's back, pushing him into a circle of Bengals players. We know the rest. Trashtalking ensues and then Pacman comes out of nowhere to takes a swing at Porter's face.

I don't think Porter should have been on the field, but other than tt, he did nothing wrong and never tried to start anything. The Bengals started this and were the aggressors at every point.

Sotty

Nov 1, 2004
Westfalen
Why was there no delay of game penalty when Burfict ran all the way back to the locker room after the interception?

NewAgeOutlaw

Belie Dat!
Jul 15, 2011
412/724
You can't really blame the refs if you're Cincy.

1. After several personal fouls called against the Steelers, Hill is trying to start a fight with Steelers players after the Shazier hit and gets nothing.

2. The Shazier hit was different from the Burfict hit (and I can explain to Pac Man why that is). Hill was a ball carrier at the time of his hit, Brown was a defenseless receiver. Granted, Shazier still could have been called for spearing with the crown of his helmet, but that is one of the most rarely called penalties in football.

3. On the Shazier hit, the refs somehow missed a clear fumble that would have resulted in a Steelers td had they called it correctly live.

4. Every player knows you don't touch an offical. It is easy to get Pac Man to do something stupid and last night was no exception.

5. Vontaze Burfict could have been called for several personal fouls but the refs decided to wait until he decapitated Antonio Brown. The dude was yelling at officials and the Steelers sideline repeatedly after the Shazier hit and the officials didn't have the balls to keep him in line because at that point they seemed fearful of pissing off the fans further.

The refs messed up a lot of calls and both teams were hurt by bad calls. The reason the Bengals lost is that they employ perhaps the 2 least disciplined football players in the league. Burfict cared more about hurting somebody than keeping the Steelers out of fg range, and Pac Man didn't consider that touching an official could result in a penalty that would make the Steelers' 50 yard fg a 35 yard chip shot.

Either way, the crew last night was a joke. Stevie Wonder could have seen that the game was going to get completely out of hand and the men in stripes didn't do anything about it until it had already happened. They should never work another playoff game and since they are an all star crew you wonder just how incompetent the average nfl official is.

Oct 15, 2008
People are blaming the officiating?

The players are the ones who were responsible. The cheap headshot at that point in the game was inexplicable. Pushing an official?

Those two are morons and the blame should go to know one but them.

zombie kopitar

custom title
Jul 3, 2009
Either way, the crew last night was a joke. Stevie Wonder could have seen that the game was going to get completely out of hand and the men in stripes didn't do anything about it until it had already happened. They should never work another playoff game and since they are an all star crew you wonder just how incompetent the average nfl official is.
The refs were doing an admirable job from the start of the game, the commentators were saying it's one of the few times they've ever seen refs at the 50 yard line during warmups to separate the two teams.

It's essentially like saying it's the refs fault a '96 Wings/Avs game out of hand.
There's so much bad blood, it was going to be chippy regardless.

They missed the Bernard hit no doubt, but the Bengals seemed to dwell on it and it completely imploded them.
Idk, it was just a circus, not sure what more they could have done....they did call a penalty for a Steelers coach early on for unsportsmanlike conduct.
They called 220 penalty yards....I wouldn't say they did a bad job. It was more like the toughest game to officiate I've ever seen

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
If I remember right Joey porter was the guy sarcastically doing the we dey chant to Bengals fans during the playoff game 10 years ago. Seems fitting that he would be on the field in that situation.

Mothra

The Groovy Guru
Jul 16, 2002
Parts Unknown
Visit site
theres the rule, now was porter entering to provide welfare of a player? i cant answer that

http://uaasnfl.blob.core.windows.net/live/1807/2015_nfl_rule_book_final.pdf
pg 56

I have no dog in this fight but I have to ask.....so?

It doesn't matter who is out on the field, or what they are saying....Its not a players role to police that situation. Worry about the game and don't get so easily distracted where you do something that can only be described as "stupid"

bambamcam4ever

107 and counting
Feb 16, 2012
The refs were doing an admirable job from the start of the game, the commentators were saying it's one of the few times they've ever seen refs at the 50 yard line during warmups to separate the two teams.

It's essentially like saying it's the refs fault a '96 Wings/Avs game out of hand.
There's so much bad blood, it was going to be chippy regardless.

They missed the Bernard hit no doubt, but the Bengals seemed to dwell on it and it completely imploded them.
Idk, it was just a circus, not sure what more they could have done....they did call a penalty for a Steelers coach early on for unsportsmanlike conduct.
They called 220 penalty yards....I wouldn't say they did a bad job. It was more like the toughest game to officiate I've ever seen

They did an atrocious job, and lost control of the game as they missed numerous personal fouls after the play, and the ones they did call were arbitrary

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
People are blaming the officiating?

The players are the ones who were responsible. The cheap headshot at that point in the game was inexplicable. Pushing an official?

Those two are morons and the blame should go to know one but them.

Agreed 100%.

Deion Sanders was actually defending Burfict saying that

-Burfict didn't know the ball was long gone
-Burfict wasn't targeting Browns head

ridiculous

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad