NFL: Bengals vs Steelers Post Game Thread

S A W F T*

Man this is awesome.

Was this the best NFL playoff implosion of all time?

So glad the loser Bengals lost (in the playoffs, again)!

Reality Check

May 28, 2008
12487217_1307127222646281_8453066793540901232_o.jpg

Soliloquy of a Dogge

I love you, Boots
Aug 8, 2012
San Diego, CA
My response would be the same as to him/her

Where's the proof that steroid use is rampant in the NFL or that it's an epidemic though? It's supposition and insinuation... how many players are in the league? I'm sure if as many used as you're suggesting, it'd be somewhat well known or hinted about other than being bandied about as internet hypothesis.

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
ARTICLE 2. TEAM ATTENDANTS MAY ENTER FIELD DURING TIMEOUT. Either or both team attendants and their helpersmay enter the field to attend their team during a team timeout by either team. No other non-player may come on the field
without the Referee’s permission, unless he is an incoming substitute (5-2-2).
During any team timeout, all playing rules continue in force. Representatives of either team are prohibited from entering the field unless they are incoming substitutes, or team attendants or trainers entering to provide for the welfare of a player, and
any game-type activities are prohibited on the Field of Play.

theres the rule, now was porter entering to provide welfare of a player? i cant answer that

http://uaasnfl.blob.core.windows.net/live/1807/2015_nfl_rule_book_final.pdf
pg 56

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Smartest thing for Cincy to do would be to can Lewis and promote Hue Jackson before he ****s off to greener pastures.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
18-16 an odd score?

7th time, 1st time for a playoff game

(I had already looked it up)

Wasn't even the first time this year, I was sort of hoping for the 19-15 that would have happened had the Bengals kicked the field goal and presumably run out the clock.

He gave Burfict a chance when nobody else would. It worked, for awhile. Can't fire him for one player ruining things. Just cut everyone responsible and move on. That's the message to be sent.

True. He has to be fired tomorrow, this team has zero discipline.

Imagine this type of meltdown happening on a team coached by Bill Belichick? He doesn't take **** from no one...he will sit you down no matter who you are if you cost the team a fumble let alone a playoff game.

You just look at the 'great' coaches in the league, retired or otherwise, and this stuff just does not go on. Yes, he's giving these guys chances, but when it blows up on him, there has to be a measure of accountability. Above that, the Bengals under Lewis have lost games nearly every way possible. It would be different if it was just one guy, but it kept happening. They were fortunate nothing came from that fracas after Bernard got hurt. But it should be pretty clear that Lewis isn't the guy who is taking the Bengals where they want to go. He made the relevant again, but that's as far as it's going to get.

Burfict is a hot head. Has been since college.

Specifically why no one would draft him.

On McCarron, the book is probably one that he is a Charlie Batch-type who you can use reliably and won't lose you games. Might get a shot to start somewhere one day for a team with a bad QB situation, or holding someone's spot.

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014

ARTICLE 2. TEAM ATTENDANTS MAY ENTER FIELD DURING TIMEOUT. Either or both team attendants and their helpersmay enter the field to attend their team during a team timeout by either team. No other non-player may come on the field
without the Referee’s permission, unless he is an incoming substitute (5-2-2).
During any team timeout, all playing rules continue in force. Representatives of either team are prohibited from entering the field unless they are incoming substitutes, or team attendants or trainers entering to provide for the welfare of a player, and
any game-type activities are prohibited on the Field of Play

dont think porter is coming out for the injured player, but I could be wrong

Fish on The Sand

Untouchable
Feb 28, 2002
Canada
regardless, porter by rule should have received a 15 yarder too and they would have off set

Especially considering their coaching staff had already gotten involved with a player earlier in the game too. Bengals got shafted pretty hard by the refs in this game, but at the same time they did it to themselves.

bambamcam4ever

107 and counting
Feb 16, 2012
Wasn't even the first time this year, I was sort of hoping for the 19-15 that would have happened had the Bengals kicked the field goal and presumably run out the clock.

You just look at the 'great' coaches in the league, retired or otherwise, and this stuff just does not go on. Yes, he's giving these guys chances, but when it blows up on him, there has to be a measure of accountability. Above that, the Bengals under Lewis have lost games nearly every way possible. It would be different if it was just one guy, but it kept happening. They were fortunate nothing came from that fracas after Bernard got hurt. But it should be pretty clear that Lewis isn't the guy who is taking the Bengals where they want to go. He made the relevant again, but that's as far as it's going to get.

Specifically why no one would draft him.

On McCarron, the book is probably one that he is a Charlie Batch-type who you can use reliably and won't lose you games. Might get a shot to start somewhere one day for a team with a bad QB situation, or holding someone's spot.

Yep, those guys just employ serial killers

Jack de la Hoya

Jun 30, 2011
Texas
regardless, porter by rule should have received a 15 yarder too and they would have off set

I don't think there's any question that's the.cass, and I think the NFL is just hoping that everything else will distract from it.

A 50 harder in that context is far from a gimme.

zombie kopitar

custom title
Jul 3, 2009
Still haven't seen the Pacman penalty.
there was no penalty,

He clearly puts contact on the ref in attempt to shove the Steeler's coach.
I agree Porter shouldn't have been there, but it's obvious contact and maybe the refs give the Steelers the penalty if he just cools it for a ****ing second

abhit.0.gif

Especially right after that.

The calls were justified, Bengals beat themselves.
Simple as that

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad