NFL: Bengals vs Steelers Post Game Thread

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
Burfict better get at least 8 games. That was literally disgusting to watch.

Also, saw something from SB Nation on my facebook about A.J. McCarron blaming God for the loss because he said ti only rained when they had the ball and not when Pittsburgh did or something :laugh:

member 51464

Burfict better get at least 8 games. That was literally disgusting to watch.

Also, saw something from SB Nation on my facebook about A.J. McCarron blaming God for the loss because he said ti only rained when they had the ball and not when Pittsburgh did or something :laugh:

Amazing, if true. And I sort of appreciate it since you usually only hear God references from the winning side.

ImporterExporter

"You're a boring old man"
Jun 18, 2013
Oblivion Express
I watched AJ's press conference from NFL Live on ESPN after the game. It absolutely was true that he complained about the rain at least 8 or 9 times and that the ball wasn't wiped down with a towel, and the fact that it didn't rain when Pittsburgh had it. Have it on my DVR still just so I can remind myself why teams like the Bengals continue to lose, year after year, after year. It's hilarious watching multiple people on that team blame everyone, weather included for the loss. The refs penalized Pitt nearly 2 to 1 and missed countless unsportsmanlike calls (fans included) and it's their fault. It rained, it's God's fault....it's Joey Porter's fault.....****ing hilarious.

Great teams find ways to win. Losers make excuses and self implode. You can figure which category Cincy falls into. And their fans reached a level that I thought only Philly fans could hit....kudos for being a bunch of classless a-holes.

member 51464

Following copied from the Pens board discussion of the game:

When Cincinnati Bengals linebacker Vontaze Burfict blitzed Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger, it was a vicious hit, but on first glance seemed clean.

The hit injured Roethlisberger’s shoulder, but injuries are part of the game, right? Well maybe not in this case. Upon a closer look, it appears that after Burfict took Roethlisberger down, he made a conscious effort to drive his knee into Roethlisberger’s shoulder before getting up. It’s close, but judge for yourself.
xxaz44bnlnkzpvjjnfqj.gif

http://steelerswire.usatoday.com/20...ack-of-roethlisberger-not-so-clean-after-all/

RayLeeCharles

Aug 31, 2005
WaSt
The second flag definitely should have been thrown. Don't touch the damn ref.

People want to blame officiating but I don't see it. Don't fumble the ball. Don't hit with your head. Don't touch the ref. Easily avoidable penalties and mistakes.

The Bengals had that game WON. They blew it. And it wasn't the ref's fault.

Lewis I'll STILL give a pass but again Burfict and Jones were being idiots yet it's always "Referees in it for the Steelers". No, you just committed stupid penalties and ****ing GAVE THEM THE GAME. YOU HAD THAT GAME WON.
If Lewis decides to take the kneels on that last possession then kicks a field goal instead of running plays none of the stuff with Burfict and Jones happens.

I can't really fault him for not being able to control those two. Burfict had a rep coming out of college and Pacman is well known for being an idiot. But he still should have some control over his sideline.

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
If Lewis decides to take the kneels on that last possession then kicks a field goal instead of running plays none of the stuff with Burfict and Jones happens.

I can't really fault him for not being able to control those two. Burfict had a rep coming out of college and Pacman is well known for being an idiot. But he still should have some control over his sideline.

Absolutely no coach would play it that way.

rj

Jan 29, 2007
Indiana
I agree Porter shouldn't have been there, but it's obvious contact and maybe the refs give the Steelers the penalty if he just cools it for a ****ing second

With how things had gone that night, perhaps the refs should've ejected Porter and Jones.

Oct 18, 2011
Yeah, i LOVE how every Bengals fan and Steelers hater is focusing on the Porter issue when the Steelers were penalized far more (142 to 79), and the refs missed multiple personal fouls/unsportsmanlike conducts, by not only the players but also the damn mongoloid fan base for about half the game.

Jeremey Hill in the middle of the field, trying to start a rumble got nothing.

Burfict spearing DeCastro nowhere near the play and late, got nothing.

Oh, and the classy fans got nothing for basically spending 3 quarters chucking **** onto the field AND at players, including a guy going off on a cart.

And you clowns seriously want to point the finger at the refs "missing" Joey Porter being in the middle of scrum? G.T.F.O.O.H.

Oh, and btw, even if you don't give Pittsburgh the extra 15, they are already still in FG range with time to move the ball further down the field. The Bengals, notably Burfict and Jones (2 of the biggest thugs and moronic human scum you will find in the NFL) blew that game. Period. End of story.

Oh, and I love seeing a coach in the post game presser throw his entire team under the bus (looking at you Marvin), when he clearly has no control over that locker room.
the rules clearly state that porter should have been flagged for a 15 yard penalty, so at worst you off-set, but if the idiots caught porter right away like they should have then there probably isn't a confrontation with adam jones.

refs handed them a much easier field goal that is not even up for debate

Eco

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2013
QC

Why not? He's the coach, he should have control over all of his players otherwise he can never win anything of note.

I don't watch a ton of NFL, but I watched this game, and I can't think of one coach that still has a job that would have not ran onto the field and pulled his team back when things were getting out of hand.

I still think part of the blame falls on the coach, and if I were a Bengals fan, I'd be calling for his resignation.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
refs handed them a much easier field goal that is not even up for debate

Refs handed no one anything

Jones handed the Steelers FG by showing once again he is a POS ,, There was no other Bengal player dumb enough to push an official which he did

Bengals players also had no business being near Brown and medical staff/coaches who were on field

It was Bengal players who approached Porter and medical staff not Porter approaching them

Burfict and Jones were a disgrace as were how Cincy fans acted

Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
It also seems that Burfict spit in Decastro's face during that scuffle on ground at goal line earlier in game

didnt know about that, just another thing to the list a long with that intentional knee to the shoulder after he sacked him on the hit Ben got hurt on.
99.9999 percent of the players in the league keep their composure in that incident with Joey Porter. All he had to do is keep his mouth shut and the Steelers would of likely been forced to run some plays to try and get closer. instead Jones gave them a free 15 more yards.
Bengals are still playing the blame the refs game.
hilarious.

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
I didn't say that there was a rule, but it's something that is normally let go during injury situations. Porter was across the logo. The Bengal coaches were a few feet off the sideline. It's not the same. Porter is facing a fine for a reason.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad