Value of: Ben Hutton + Jake Virtanen

crackdown44

Cold milk cools down hot food
Dec 1, 2017
How about you do us a solid for that time we gave you Baertschi for Shinkaruk

Mangiapane for Virtanen seems equivalently bad for Vancouver

gianni

Apr 8, 2014
Jake Virtanen isn't going anywhere. Neither is that 2nd round pick.

Ben Hutton can go, but there are others ahead of him on my wishlist of players to be traded: Derrick Pouliot, Markus Granlund, and one of (or both) Nikolay Goldobin/Sven Baertschi.

Hopefully Brandon Sutter, and Loui Eriksson are dealt in the off-season to make room for youngsters coming up.

Last edited:

kanucks25

Chris Tanev #1 Fan
Nov 29, 2013
Surrey, BC
Nobody is going to care to put together a package for two depth players on a below average team.

Both players are worth more to Vancouver as they've taken a step in their development this year and it's more beneficial to see where they take their game in the future instead of dumping them off for no particular reason right now.

Hughes is a lock to take Pouliot's spot next season. Hutton only loses his spot in the lineup once Juolevi shows he is clearly an upgrade. That is still likely a while away (if ever).

Horse McHindu

They call me Horse.....
Jun 21, 2014
Beijing
Why are we trading them? Hutton has made huge strides after a nightmarish 2017-18. Jake has cooled down considerably but I firmly believe he’s making progress. Probably would benefit from not playing with Sutter or Granlund

Agreed. I was just curious to see what was out there. In order to receive something decent, you have to give something decent. Hutton and Virtanen have had relatively good years and so I figured there would be some interest.

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
Has someone said Ryder, Halak and a second?

This pair is doing fine, and we won't get an improvement over one enough to merit moving the other.

Reactions: Bettman Returnz

Dump Itch

Sep 9, 2017
Virtanen is a 4th line player playing on a the 2nd/3rd line on a bad team lol. Still a bust.

Lenerdosy

Feb 23, 2015
Why would you give up our current 3rd best D? You want a tire fire with Pouliot having to play more and essentially no one to call up to play the LD considering a ton of Utica is hurt anyways?

Bettman Returnz

Why so serious?
Jul 28, 2003
BC
Visit site
This is not the trade the Canucks need to make. Makes zero sense and won’t return what you were hoping for@ Hindustan Smyl.

It’ the modern, slighly younger version of Ryder, halak & 2nd or Raymond, Ballard & 2nd.

Last edited:

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
That is slightly less bad. What was Baertschi for, I’ve got them mixed up

Shinkaruk we traded Granlund. We lost that deal.
Baertschi we traded for a late second rounder which turned into Rasmus Andersson.

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016
No interest in trading either of them, particularly Hutton. He looks like a solid top 4 dman this season that is capable of putting up ~30 points, and he is young enough to fit into the new core going forward.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad