Speculation: Ben Bishop

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Bishop is still fairly hard to move with M-NTC 10 team list. I still think Bishop is the better goalie but you always run the goalie that is hot, especially in the playoffs. They could probably get a pretty solid return for Bishop but him becoming available floods the market even more.

That is the problem the market is flooded so I'm not sure they'd get a ton but if he were available and I'm a team like Toronto, Calgary, Edmonton, Colorado, Buffalo I'd be interested

Goulet17

May 22, 2003
Bishop turns 34 in November and makes nearly $5 million per season for the next three seasons with a M-NTC, NMC in place. He also has been suffering injuries. He will not be easy to move in the current market.

JKG33

Leafs & Kings
Oct 31, 2009
Winnipeg
I feel like regardless of what happens Dallas rides a Bishop/Khudobin tandem next year and Oettenger gets another season in the minors. Worry about it next off season

Reactions: qqaz

Unbiased Fan

May 24, 2019
If the leafs lose out on Demko and the stars are willing to retain 1 million I’d make them an offer. Would 15th overall be fair?

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
If the leafs lose out on Demko and the stars are willing to retain 1 million I’d make them an offer. Would 15th overall be fair?
Oh that’s way too much for Bishop. Maybe just an Anderson for Bishop swap? (Imo that’s actually a step backwards in net for Toronto)

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Bishop turns 34 in November and makes nearly $5 million per season for the next three seasons with a M-NTC, NMC in place. He also has been suffering injuries. He will not be easy to move in the current market.

You wouldn't get a lot but there are enough teams that could use a goalie you'd get something.

Toronto, Edmonton, Calgary, Colorado, Buffalo

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
If he isn't traded, he's set to be the first starter in Seattle Kraken history. Which I would hope for Dallas's case happens. Has a big contract, will have two years left in Seattle if taken.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
That is the problem the market is flooded so I'm not sure they'd get a ton but if he were available and I'm a team like Toronto, Calgary, Edmonton, Colorado, Buffalo I'd be interested

Buffalo is not....

They can sign their RFA for less for the same amt of term.

I don’t touch plAyers 33+ for any 3+ term.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
Bishop is still fairly hard to move with M-NTC 10 team list. I still think Bishop is the better goalie but you always run the goalie that is hot, especially in the playoffs. They could probably get a pretty solid return for Bishop but him becoming available floods the market even more.

Well, I think Dallas' hand was forced here with Bishop being injured. They are fortunate that Khudobin was able to step up and play well. I don't think it's enough to make him the starter though.

Unspecified

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Apr 29, 2015
I cannot stand Bishop and think he is hugely overrated but I'm sure the Stars hold on to him.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
Ummmm no. I'm sure Seattle would pick bishop in a heart beat

Keep dreaming.....goalies can fall if a cliff at his age.

Every team will be exposing $5M+ players as well as some very good players. In a flat cap teams will be begging sesttle to take their high salary player.

When it comes to goalies, many teams will have younger ones exposedthst they would take over bishop.

I see them talking one 1 28+ goalie
1 23-25 yr old potential started
1 ending an ELC with 1 more exemption year
2 other goalies picked are for trades to other teams.

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
Everyone is certain Seattle is excited to take their teams bad contracts.
Bishop at 4.9 mil is a bad contract?
21 wins
This year and better last year....

Price and several other goalies make more with worse numbers.

So feel free to explain your point of view

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
Bishop at 4.9 mil is a bad contract?
21 wins
This year and better last year....

Price and several other goalies make more with worse numbers.

So feel free to explain your point of view

Age and injury. That's why he probably isn't a team's favorite asset to trade for at the moment, but I wouldn't necessarily call him an anchor...all depends on how desperate a team is for a goalie to win right now.

Looking at you, Toronto.

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
Keep dreaming.....goalies can fall if a cliff at his age.

Every team will be exposing $5M+ players as well as some very good players. In a flat cap teams will be begging sesttle to take their high salary player.

When it comes to goalies, many teams will have younger ones exposedthst they would take over bishop.

I see them talking one 1 28+ goalie
1 23-25 yr old potential started
1 ending an ELC with 1 more exemption year
2 other goalies picked are for trades to other teams.
Actually goalies tend to hit thier stride and later in life and continue into thier mid late thirties. Fyi by your assessment the following goalies are in your idea of falling off a cliff.

Bobrosky
Price
Bishop
Fleury
Crawford
Holtby
Lundqvuist
Quick

Ect

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad