Speculation: Ben Bishop

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
Why would they want an older high paid goalie . Seattle would have no interest in such expensive options
5 million for a good goalie isn't over paid. Price at 10 million bobrosky at 10 million thats over paid 4.9 thats just 500k over allen and allen is a back up. I'm sorry but you are wrong

Accelleratii

Jul 25, 2010
Pennsylvania
I just need those responsible for the season preview fantasy rankings to finally stop putting an oft-injured, average goalie with a size advantage as the #1 goalie to draft. It's a JOKE. Bishop is so overrated.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
If the Leafs can move Freddy, I wouldn't be opposed to offering Johnsson for Bishop, and run with Bishop/Campbell in net. Might want Dallas to retain a bit.

SomeDude

Mar 6, 2006
Pittsburghish
I feel like regardless of what happens Dallas rides a Bishop/Khudobin tandem next year and Oettenger gets another season in the minors. Worry about it next off season

That would require Khudobin not wanting to explore options as a UFA which I have a hard time believing he won't get more lucrative offers with a better chance to be a more full-time starter.

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012
5 million for a good goalie isn't over paid. Price at 10 million bobrosky at 10 million thats over paid 4.9 thats just 500k over allen and allen is a back up. I'm sorry but you are wrong
I’ve read Seattle will be taking guys like bishop , van riemsdyk , okposo, Neal , etc . Seattle are not gonna be taking on high priced contracts . They’ll be looking for guys like Demko , Lindgren in nets . The only way there taking 5 million dollar contracts on if there attached to firsts at the very least .

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
That would require Khudobin not wanting to explore options as a UFA which I have a hard time believing he won't get more lucrative offers with a better chance to be a more full-time starter.

Then let him go. He's older than Bishop and is a career backup.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Keep him in bubble wrap and only bring him out for the biggest games. Success.

kb

Aug 28, 2009
Age and injury. That's why he probably isn't a team's favorite asset to trade for at the moment, but I wouldn't necessarily call him an anchor...all depends on how desperate a team is for a goalie to win right now.

Looking at you, Toronto.
Toronto has no interest in Bishop. They would keep Andersen first.

JKG33

Leafs & Kings
Oct 31, 2009
Winnipeg

I had no idea he was a UFA, definitely thought he had 1 more year left.

It'll be interesting to see where he ends up then

axlrose87

Jul 13, 2018
Ummmm no. I'm sure Seattle would pick bishop in a heart beat
Much like the goalie market is flooded now, it will always be. Seattle can do a heck of a lot better than Bishop. Vegas was given a 2nd round pick to take fleury. Seattle will need even more to take a 35 year old bishop.

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
Bishop to Calgary will not work. It's rumored ownership was involved in vetoing trades for him once and he was traded to LA once because Treliving/Burke couldn't contact ownership to approve of a deal within the short deadline imposed by Tampa. He refused to listen to a UFA offer from Calgary before signing in Dallas because his chain had been jerked so many times by the org.

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
I’ve read Seattle will be taking guys like bishop , van riemsdyk , okposo, Neal , etc . Seattle are not gonna be taking on high priced contracts . They’ll be looking for guys like Demko , Lindgren in nets . The only way there taking 5 million dollar contracts on if there attached to firsts at the very least .
You don't think that demko will be traded before vancover loses him?

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012
No doubt they will so than the acquiring team will be bumping another goalie down to be exposed . Seattle will have 30 options for selecting 3 goalies . Bishop is old with to much of an injury history making to much money . But good luck . I hope your right . I just don’t see Seattle doing it .

DarthProbert

Feb 3, 2015
Who needs a goalie who gets hurt when he's needed most? Who could use that extra LTIR cap space at the trade deadline? Toronto seems like a fit.

ElPrimeTime

Dec 23, 2014
Edmonton, AB
With talk of a compacted season and plenty of back to backs, I can see the Stars keeping both next year. It seems to work well with teams with the Rask/Halak, type deal to get them to the dance.

kb

Aug 28, 2009
Didn't realize I was interacting with THE GM of the Toronto Maple Leafs. What an honor to meet you.
I didn't realize that other team's posters were so knowledgeable about what the Leafs will do.

One thing they won't do is take on 3 years of a goalie who is nearly 34 with a flat cap and makes the same as Andersen, especially when Rielly is coming due in 2 years.

The smart posters will understand this.

Reactions: Glacious

Perennial

Jun 27, 2020
Bishop is still fairly hard to move with M-NTC 10 team list. I still think Bishop is the better goalie but you always run the goalie that is hot, especially in the playoffs. They could probably get a pretty solid return for Bishop but him becoming available floods the market even more.

Who wants to ride the bench?

I can't imagine he wouldn't be willing to go to any team where he'll be the starter...

Perennial

Jun 27, 2020
Khudobin is a UFA at the end of the season, whereas Bishop is signed for 3 more years...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad