Belmont Park Islanders Arena Project - Upd 6/7 Construction ongoing, sched open for 2021-22 season

Section 104

Sep 12, 2021
I just hope they have enough leg room for a reasonably tall man like me (6’ 2”). It is hit or miss (especially older facilities like the Metropolitan Opera) as far as leg room. But even in 2012 when I was in Toronto and went to a Blue Jays game, my seat near the right field fair pole was so uncomfortable I moved after 5 innings to one of their bars and watched the rest on a tv screen with a couple of beers.

jonathan613

Aug 6, 2018
As someone who lives 30 minutes away from UBS arena, i will be fascinated to see how new york handles 4 arenas. Hockey can only support a theoretical maximum of 60 event nights (3 pre-season + 41 reg season + 16 post season if you have home filed an play 4 7 game series). 300 additional nights will be a lot to have to fill-in. Woudn't this arena be the 4th choice for concerts after MSG, prodential center and barclays? Especially Barclays and UBS will seem to butt heads for acts that want to play somewhere in the physical confines of long island which includes brooklyn and queens-not long island in the political sense. How many other events will this new arena need to make money?

jonathan613

Aug 6, 2018
I should also disclosed that my above comment was a bit negative because i also hate the islanders after what pat la fontaine did to my capitals a long time ago. I was there that day was as i grew up in the maryland suburbs of dc so if you want to dismiss what i wrote above for those reasons , i will understand. They also stole trotz from us i should mention as the clealry out bid the caps on that front.

PJGooch

Aug 2, 2005
As someone who lives 30 minutes away from UBS arena, i will be fascinated to see how new york handles 4 arenas. Hockey can only support a theoretical maximum of 60 event nights (3 pre-season + 41 reg season + 16 post season if you have home filed an play 4 7 game series). 300 additional nights will be a lot to have to fill-in. Woudn't this arena be the 4th choice for concerts after MSG, prodential center and barclays? Especially Barclays and UBS will seem to butt heads for acts that want to play somewhere in the physical confines of long island which includes brooklyn and queens-not long island in the political sense. How many other events will this new arena need to make money?
UBS will be first preference for the vast majority of Nassau and Suffolk residents for concerts, comedy shows, kids shows and other events. Especially now that they've improved train access.

leeroggy

Jan 3, 2010

Did you miss the emphasis on sound quality of the new arena and how it is specifically tailored for concerts? It will certainly take business from Brooklyn. Prudential is ALWAYS marketed to those in New Jersey, it's rare that anyone would go from NJ to Brooklyn for an event. UBS will rapidly become the 2nd venue in the area due to giving people in Nassau and Suffolk a high-end option to going into Manhattan.

The WWE and AEW are already scheduled into the building too. Don't be surprised if the NLL moves the Coliseum team to UBS in a few years too.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00