Horse Racing: BELMONT dates move to AQUEDUCT; SARATOGA opens July 11

Status
Not open for further replies.

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
Not surprisingly the decision was supposedly 2–1. I would have been amazed if it was 3-0 given the circumstances

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
It's too bad there isn't an appeal process. If it was the horse actually impacted, fine, I get it. Whatever, it's hockey time

Soliloquy of a Dogge

I love you, Boots
Aug 8, 2012
San Diego, CA
Yeah that’s the wrong decision if you ask me. How do they determine that impacted the 2nd place finisher?
It's the right decision. Maximum Security severely impacted both Long Range Toddy and War of Will by moving out 3 paths. It doesn't matter if Country House wasn't impacted.

That could have been a disastrous outcome too. Nearly clipped Toddy and War of Will had to be severely pulled up on a sloppy track. Amazing no horses got taken down or injured actually.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Not even a placing for Maximum Security. I disagree with the DQ but get it. But I don’t get that one, should’ve still been a 20-7 exacta

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
Lol they're booing the trophy ceremony

It's the right decision. Maximum Security severely impacted both Long Range Toddy and War of Will by moving out 3 paths. It doesn't matter if Country House wasn't impacted.

That could have been a disastrous outcome too. Nearly clipped Toddy and War of Will had to be severely pulled up on a sloppy track. Amazing no horses got taken down or injured actually.
It's stupid that you can object if you weren't impacted.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown

Yet it didn't seem like either of the jockeys, there, objected. Only the guy who finished in second objected.

Soliloquy of a Dogge

I love you, Boots
Aug 8, 2012
San Diego, CA
Yeah, but why does this change if the horse who has an objection doesn't object? It was someone who actually BENEFITED from the event! And he somehow whined himself into a victory.
I don't disagree, both Long Range Toddy and War of Will were right there turning for home and had their chances of winning the Derby taken away because of Maximum Security. But in talking to the other jockeys and seeing the blatant evidence on video, the Stewards had to make the call they did. If they didn't, it could have set a dangerous precedent.

No question Country House benefits the most from an incident that didn't have an effect on him.

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
who would've though replay would affect the Kentucky Derby moreso than the NHL Playoffs?

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
I don't disagree, both Long Range Toddy and War of Will were right there turning for home and had their chances of winning the Derby taken away because of Maximum Security. But in talking to the other jockeys and seeing the blatant evidence on video, the Stewards had to make the call they did. If they didn't, it could have set a dangerous precedent.

No question Country House benefits the most from an incident that didn't have an effect on him.
I mean, if I'm Long Range Toddy and War of Will, I'm objecting now, because the only reason Country House finished ahead of them is the impeding. It's bullshit that Country House gets to benefit from the event twice over and then can also object to something that didn't affect Country House at all

I know you (seem to agree), I'm just saying
who would've though replay would affect the Kentucky Derby moreso than the NHL Playoffs?
Don't you dare jinx it. We're gonna have a Game 7 OT goal review because of you

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
I don’t recall them showing him on the screen but they definitely had to talk to him.

They did, but there was no objection. The jockey may have said he was impeded on the call, but the only official objection came from Country House.

I really dislike the fact that someone who literally benefited from an incident knocking back a competitor could actually then benefit even more by objecting to the conduct that knocked a competitor back. I find that absurdly unfair, frankly. There's a good possibility that Country House doesn't finish second or even third if not for the events. Yet he whines himself into a win.

Reactions: mmvvpp

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
I mean, if I'm Long Range Toddy and War of Will, I'm objecting now, because the only reason Country House finished ahead of them is the impeding. It's bull**** that Country House gets to benefit from the event twice over and then can also object to something that didn't affect Country House at all

I know you (seem to agree), I'm just saying

The rule should never exist to allow someone to object who actually benefits from the impediment. It's really quite absurd.

Reactions: Messrules11

Andreas Ferrari

Dale is the GOAT!!!
Apr 4, 2015
WinnerPeg
I had money on War of Will and there's no doubt in my mind that he would have won!PERIOD!

On another note I use to see Eddie Olczyk at my local track.I never talked to him but he would do a long slow burn when he loss.Just like I'm doing right now.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
They did, but there was no objection. The jockey may have said he was impeded on the call, but the only official objection came from Country House.

I really dislike the fact that someone who literally benefited from an incident knocking back a competitor could actually then benefit even more by objecting to the conduct that knocked a competitor back. I find that absurdly unfair, frankly. There's a good possibility that Country House doesn't finish second or even third if not for the events. Yet he whines himself into a win.
Just wait until they try to sire him as a Kentucky Derby winner. It'll be roundly laughed at

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
The YouTube and Twitter videos of people getting screwed out of massive payouts is gonna be hilarious. I’m sure some are already up

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Just wait until they try to sire him as a Kentucky Derby winner. It'll be roundly laughed at

Did you see how punchable the guy looks? Hell, when they interviewed him initially about the objection, he basically admitted nothing happened to him and that it was just a long-shot attempt. What a prick.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
Did you see how punchable the guy looks? Hell, when they interviewed him initially about the objection, he basically admitted nothing happened to him and that it was just a long-shot attempt. What a prick.
Every Derby is going to objected to now. By every horse. You never know what the outcome will be and it can mean the difference in thousands of dollars, especially with breeding

Reactions: mmvvpp

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Lol they're booing the trophy ceremony

It's stupid that you can object if you weren't impacted.

I would counter that it's stupid to let a horse that blatantly broke the rules win, regardless of who was second.

It's a damn miracle that multiple horses arent being euthanized right now. I still dont know how War of Will and Max Sec didnt tangle legs and fall

Reactions: Andreas Ferrari

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
I would counter that it's stupid to let a horse that blatantly broke the rules win, regardless of who was second.

It's a damn miracle that multiple horses arent being euthanized right now. I still dont know how War of Will and Max Sec didnt tangle legs and fall
Fine. Then War of Will should have objected. Country House shouldn't be the winner, one way or another

Reactions: Hunter Gathers

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
You wonder too if Maximum Security sort of backing into the favored slot and winning played a role in decision. I’m not sold if this was a massive favorite who was a triple crown threat if they make the same call

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $2,300.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA