Post-Game Talk: Belleville lose 2-0 to the Kings

ACLEVERNAME

schadenfreude
Jan 6, 2010

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
Guys on the postgame keep saying that it's a consistency issue considering how young a team they are, but come on, they won't win shit regardless of consistency and effort unless there's outside help coming.

They're trying their hardest most nights, but no team this young, shallow(esp. on D) and inexperienced can compete in this league. Dorion threw them to the wolves this season and this is the result: a bottom-feeder.

dumbdick

Galactic Defender
May 31, 2008
"Thomas Chabot said Lassi Thomson looked like he belonged in the NHL."

Chabot is basically begging for help at this stage
It must be strange for an NHL player to talk up the new guys breaking in. For all you know, he's best buds with the other guy losing his job.

OccidentalSoothsayer

Dec 7, 2017
New Westminster, B.C.
Hard to have much faith in the management team and coaching staff ability to evaluate talent after watching nearly a dozen callups play just as well as our starters. Also chabot ends to play 25min a game and no more, we are not in the Stanley cup finals let the guy be effective in the time he spends on the ice instead of dead tired.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
Not to be a prick, but not putting the score in the title over "spoilers" just seems silly.

Just stay off HFboards until you watch the game.

Not to be a prick, but I’m going to be a prick…

What is the need to put the score in the title? Are you worried that you’ll forget in the moment it takes you to switch from the GDT to the PGT? Or perhaps you only like to pop into PGT’s when the team loses and don’t want to waste a moment of your time clicking on the title? Seriously how does not having the score in the title affect you in any way?

Your preferred solution is to suggest that people don’t come on here to read other threads and topics until after they have spent the time to watch the game, as though it’s some great burden to do otherwise.

The lack of common decency in here never ceases to amaze me.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
Hard to have much faith in the management team and coaching staff ability to evaluate talent after watching nearly a dozen callups play just as well as our starters. Also chabot ends to play 25min a game and no more, we are not in the Stanley cup finals let the guy be effective in the time he spends on the ice instead of dead tired.

By the sounds of it everyone agrees that Chabot should play less than 30 minutes a game, but…

We lost a top defender mid game and we were in the hunt to win until the very end. He would not have played 5 minutes more than usual had Zub not gone down.

Every defender played an extra 5 minutes or so to take up the slack.

Heck Lassi played 22 minutes in his NHL debut! Sometimes you just have to dig deep.

Reactions: swiftwin

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
No he doesn’t. Thomson is one of those players that do better in the NHL then the AHL because he’s around smarter players and he can read the plays that are more organized.

I saw Thomson closely in majority of AHL games last year, he improved tremendously down there and he really needed the extra seasoning. Logically, he will be sent back rest of season and then given extended look after trade deadline or beginning of next year.

AHL has been huge help for Thomson's development.

However, seeing how composed and looking like 2nd best defender on our team tonight, don't know how you can send him down.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
It cannot be understated the significance and impact Chabot has on this team. Need to get him some help. If Zub is gone, I think it all but assures us a bottom 5 finish if the defense stays the same. I would give Matt Murray and Gustavsson split starts so as to not deflate either of their games with heavier workload behind that atrocious D.

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
Even though I saw the scoreline before watching the highlights because it wasn't up on dtmts, I still kept thinking we were going to score. How did we actually not score with those chances???

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad