Post-Game Talk: Belleville lose 2-0 to the Kings

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Lassi and Heatherington both looked good. Didn't try to do too much, just played solid game. I doubt Lassi puts up much in the way of points, but those guys who are rock solid in their own end are valuable, too. If he can develop into a really solid defensive defenseman, we may have something good in him. Better than I expected from him, anyways. Don't know anything about Heatherington, but he didn't stand out...and that's a good thing for a defenseman.

burf

Mar 27, 2012
Of all the knee-jerk posts. This is my
favourite.

I think Zaitsev and Brown are sub-replacement level players. They are both being relied on to play minutes far beyond their respective abilities, especially Zaitsev. I am not saying Thomson is a first-pairing defender, or that Heatherington is anything but a serviceable journeyman. I’m just saying that if you replace the two weakest links on this team’s defence with, bare minimum, two guys who understand gap control and can make a breakout pass, the defence suddenly looks competent.

Replace Brannstrom in that lineup with MDZ, and it’s likely a wash. I’m not particularly sold on either of them. Each of the pairings above is being carried by one guy (Chabot, Zub, Holden), and then other guys’ only jobs are to not mess up too badly.

Still bottom 5..

Never said it was a GOOD d-core, just that it's no longer the worst in the NHL.

Yak

Jun 30, 2009
Los Angeles
www.androidheadlines.com
Lassi did look solid and good on him as Mann has said he really has worked on his game.

I was unsure if he was going to pan out, I wish him the best and hope he continues to grow his game.

I am not going to get super excited about one game but he did not look out of place and brought a solid effort.

Alex1234

Oct 14, 2014
giphy.gif
Do you have some merchandise or some food in the freezer we could buy to help you?

Butchy Dakkar

Dark Butch Yak didn't seem right.
Oct 3, 2020
Lassi is our second best right shot defenceman I guess? Hope he sticks a few games, he looked good.

And Heatherington looked good as well. At least compared to some of our regulars...

will it be weird if this outbreak helps our team by forcing looks?

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Lassi did look solid and good on him as Mann has said he really has worked on his game.

I was unsure if he was going to pan out, I wish him the best and hope he continues to grow his game.

I am not going to get super excited about one game but he did not look out of place and brought a solid effort.
I like how his game has progressed. His decision making with the puck has really improved since the start of last season in Belleville. Definately a coaching/development success story, he always had nice tools,

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
Good game!

Two tip goals, our D was actually pretty good, and Gus was great.

Lassi looked awesome for his first NHL game, and actually really solid in general, Brannstrom looked a lot bettter, and Sokolov was starting to look more comfortable. I’d like to see him continue up the lineup.

Heatherington was a surprise to me as well, neat!

I can’t say that I mind if we play like this for the rest of the season but still end up with a top pick.

Looks like JBD might be up next now…

Reactions: Imnotagoodposter

SPF6ty9

Feb 22, 2016
Caca Poopoo Peepee Shire
My bad boys, bought an armful of $5 pre game beers and a chicken finger platter that had a fruit fly in it, but I just couldn't splurge the $300 for an Eastern All Stars Anthony Duclair jersey of which there were about 6 in the Sens store. This loss is on me. Gonna re-watch the film and work to get drunker and make dumber purchases next game.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
3 game in 4 nights for the Kings,so its kinda hard to take much from this one other than we suck ...lol

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Lassi is our second best right shot defenceman I guess? Hope he sticks a few games, he looked good.

And Heatherington looked good as well. At least compared to some of our regulars...

will it be weird if this outbreak helps our team by forcing looks?

Heatherington looks better then Josh Brown so he should stay even if it’s in that 6 spot

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad