B-Sens Belleville 2019-2020 Season Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
what i see when i watch the games. Thats all. theyre way more talented than theyre opponents sure. but i dislike how a few of the guys play and how the team plays for stretches.

You mean they are often playing “cute” or “fancy” and it doesn’t work as much in the NHL, which you would be right. That’s where coaching has to come in and teach them how to adapt to the NHL faster because for some players it takes years to figure it out. Problem in the NHL is everyone is very talented

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
From an interview with Lebrun; Dorion:

"What’s happened in Belleville the last year is that our playoffs pretty much started in the second half of the year. We had a great second half where we went from last place to two points from making the playoffs. And it was great, valuable experience for the young players down there. Now this year, we’ve brought up players — and I’ve talked about this that we didn’t want to bring them up for just one game and then send them back down — we’re giving guys extended games in the NHL and we’ve done that on purpose. Guys like Erik Brannstrom and Logan Brown, where they weren’t here for two games, we wanted to give them 20 games so they could see what the NHL is about. Not just at the start of the year but through the course of the season. But you have to find the right mix. Every player is different as far as their development. At certain points in time, we’ve got some future stars in Belleville if you look at a guy like (Josh) Norris, (Alex) Formenton, but we have to make sure we don’t ruin their development. The way they’ve played, they deserve (NHL) games. But at the same time, we have to make sure we continue to develop them well. If we make the playoffs in Belleville with I think the second or third-youngest team in the American Hockey League, I think that’s a step in the right direction but it won’t be the end of the world if we don’t make it. As long as they continue growing. I think winning together as a group is very beneficial for the organization long-term. And that’s where we have to be careful. At the same time, I think you have to dangle that carrot to say, `You’ve done really good, you’ve done everything we’ve asked of you in Belleville so we should reward you with some NHL games."

AchtzehnBaby

Global Matador
Mar 28, 2013
Hazeldean Road
Bingo is 3rd in Ws in the AHL
6-2-2 in the last 10 in a six game road trip

Brown is currently on a five game point streak... 8Pts
Has 15Pts 32sog in the 12 games since he’s been demoted

Bingo is winning a ton and Brown is piling up numbers

what’s not to like?

ummm.... we can’t call them bingo anymore.

they moved.

Your choices are belgo, vilgo, or B-Sens

Mark Stones Spleen

Jan 17, 2008
T.O.
From an interview with Lebrun; Dorion:

"What’s happened in Belleville the last year is that our playoffs pretty much started in the second half of the year. We had a great second half where we went from last place to two points from making the playoffs. And it was great, valuable experience for the young players down there. Now this year, we’ve brought up players — and I’ve talked about this that we didn’t want to bring them up for just one game and then send them back down — we’re giving guys extended games in the NHL and we’ve done that on purpose. Guys like Erik Brannstrom and Logan Brown, where they weren’t here for two games, we wanted to give them 20 games so they could see what the NHL is about. Not just at the start of the year but through the course of the season. But you have to find the right mix. Every player is different as far as their development. At certain points in time, we’ve got some future stars in Belleville if you look at a guy like (Josh) Norris, (Alex) Formenton, but we have to make sure we don’t ruin their development. The way they’ve played, they deserve (NHL) games. But at the same time, we have to make sure we continue to develop them well. If we make the playoffs in Belleville with I think the second or third-youngest team in the American Hockey League, I think that’s a step in the right direction but it won’t be the end of the world if we don’t make it. As long as they continue growing. I think winning together as a group is very beneficial for the organization long-term. And that’s where we have to be careful. At the same time, I think you have to dangle that carrot to say, `You’ve done really good, you’ve done everything we’ve asked of you in Belleville so we should reward you with some NHL games."
Was this transcripted from an audio interview? It's literally a perfect response from him. Maybe he needs to do all of his interviews by writing.

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
Was this transcripted from an audio interview? It's literally a perfect response from him. Maybe he needs to do all of his interviews by writing.

It is a quote from an Athletic article that appeared earlier this week....pierre lebrun has a series where he is interviewing GMs

TkachukNorris79

Jan 27, 2018
What do you guys think the chances are that we add both JBD and Thomson to the BEL roster by April?

Looks like Lassi will probably be in the AHL next year after a year at home, kinda like how Brannstrom did it.

I'd be pretty surprised if JBD returns to UND, he's pretty polished for a 2nd year NCAA defender and should turn pro after UND's season is over.

I set up this Belleville roster on Capfriendly. Wow, what a roster. I add the two D-men. Traded Tierney+Ennis+4th for Puljujarvi+Gagner+2nd. I think Pulj c
an still be a really good player, and Gagner is a cap dump with some good AHL experience and leadership. Also signed UND C Jordan Kawaguchi, lighting it up in his junior year, hopefully JBD, Pinto, Wolanin and Tychonick can convince him to sign with Ottawa (and then join Belleville).

Abramov-Brown-Batherson
Balcers-Norris-Puljujarvi
Formenton-Chlapik-Paul
Gagner-Kawaguchi-Carcone
Kelly

Brannstrom-JBD
Wolanin-Jaros
Lajoie-Thomson
Englund

Hogberg
Daccord
Gustavsson

I know it won't look like this and I'm missing lots of the AHL vets, but this team is STACKED and all 25 or younger except Gagner.
Glad I purchased AHLTV!:popcorn:

Last edited:

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
What do you guys think the chances are that we add both JBD and Thomson to the BEL roster by April?

Looks like Lassi will probably be in the AHL next year after a year at home, kinda like how Brannstrom did it.

I'd be pretty surprised if JBD returns to UND, he's pretty polished for a 2nd year NCAA defender and should turn pro after UND's season is over.

I set up this Belleville roster on Capfriendly. Wow, what a roster. I add the two D-men. Traded Tierney+Ennis+4th for Puljujarvi+Gagner+2nd. I think Pulj c
an still be a really good player, and Gagner is a cap dump with some good AHL experience and leadership. Also signed UND C Jordan Kawaguchi, lighting it up in his junior year, hopefully JBD, Pinto, Wolanin and Tychonick can convince him to sign with Ottawa (and then join Belleville).

Abramov-Brown-Batherson
Formenton-Chlapik-Paul
Gagner-Kawaguchi-Carcone
Kelly

Brannstrom-JBD
Wolanin-Jaros
Lajoie-Thomson
Englund

Hogberg
Daccord
Gustavsson

I know it won't look like this and I'm missing lots of the AHL vets, but this team is STACKED and all 25 or younger except Gagner. lad I purchased AHLTV!:popcorn:
I think jbd is more likely to be in Ottawa to finish the year than in belleville then start next year in belleville. Same thing Wolanin did.

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville

Abramov-Brown-Batherson
Formenton-Chlapik-Paul
Gagner-Kawaguchi-Carcone
Kelly

Brannstrom-JBD
Wolanin-Jaros
Lajoie-Thomson
Englund

Hogberg
Daccord
Gustavsson

I know it won't look like this and I'm missing lots of the AHL vets, but this team is STACKED and all 25 or younger except Gagner. lad I purchased AHLTV!:popcorn:
I thought I read somewhere that Pool Party cannot play in NA this year, as we're past some deadline? Or was it limited to the NHL?

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
I thought I read somewhere that Pool Party cannot play in NA this year, as we're past some deadline? Or was it limited to the NHL?
I thought it was that he was inelligible for playoffs. I could easily be wrong though.

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018

Abramov-Brown-Batherson
Formenton-Chlapik-Paul
Gagner-Kawaguchi-Carcone
Kelly

Brannstrom-JBD
Wolanin-Jaros
Lajoie-Thomson
Englund

Hogberg
Daccord
Gustavsson

I know it won't look like this and I'm missing lots of the AHL vets, but this team is STACKED and all 25 or younger except Gagner.
Glad I purchased AHLTV!:popcorn:

I doubt Paul will go down; he'd have to clear waivers and we will have players leaving so he'll be needed down the stretch (unless we're talking a conditioning assignment).

Kawaguchi is an interesting one. He's garnering Hobey Baker consideration so far and seems to be a skilled, cerebral player. He's leading UND in scoring by 14pts, which is kind of crazy.

Reactions: TkachukNorris79

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
I think it's possible next season that the Sens could add Thomson, Pinto, JBD, Novak, Kastelic, Gruden, Alsing, Wilkie, Mandolese & maybe Nurmi although he just signed a contract with his European team which I assume he could get out of if the Sens want him to play in Belleville/Brampton. Then of course, whomever the 2020 1st rd pick(s) are might also challenge for a roster spot, although I only think Lafreniere is completely NHL ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad