B-Sens Belleville 2018-2019 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheBradyBunch

Dec 17, 2008
Game over.

Paul fought Darren Archibald in the 2nd.

Chlapik scored an EN goal (Sieloff assist) with 1min left to put it away.

Hogberg comes away with the 25 save victory in his AHL season debut.

As far as I can tell, we did not give up a single shot in the final 6 mins of the game.

Samsquanch

Raging Bull Squatch
Nov 28, 2008
Sudbury
The future is really shaping up well if Brown can develop into a top 6 NHLer. Add in Chlapik, Norris and Balcers, and its a very well rounded group.

If Stone and Duchene stay, I dont feel like this team needs to tank for a super prospect to grow into a proper contender. I feel like we would have enough firepower, and whoever is coaching will have some very interesting options to play around with.

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
The future is really shaping up well if Brown can develop into a top 6 NHLer. Add in Chlapik, Norris and Balcers, and its a very well rounded group.

If Stone and Duchene stay, I dont feel like this team needs to tank for a super prospect to grow into a proper contender. I feel like we would have enough firepower, and whoever is coaching will have some very interesting options to play around with.

Just need a couple of D prospect to pan out, and the big one is Gustavsson.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Brown has amazing finish around the net, very good in tight. Definitely at his best with the puck on his stick. But his concentration level and attention to detail isn’t at a top 6 level. His battle level is Ryanesque as well. Wants to be a difference maker, but only in big moments, not in the small details like great players do (puck battles, positioning, neutral zone play)

Reactions: ReginKarlssonLehner

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Brown has amazing finish around the net, very good in tight. Definitely at his best with the puck on his stick. But his concentration level and attention to detail isn’t at a top 6 level. His battle level is Ryanesque as well. Wants to be a difference maker, but only in big moments, not in the small details like great players do (puck battles, positioning, neutral zone play)
This is why he needs a tenacious forward on his wing like he had in Windsor in Brendan Lemieux. Brown doesn't seem to have it in him & to expect that is just going to frustrate fans as they were with Spezza at times. Putting Tkachuk or maybe even Formenton the way he plays at times on his line might be the answer or they could go after a tenacious forward through trade with all the assets they have that may not be in their future plans. Other than those two I don't see anyone else in this org who could do the nasty work needed in the corners or along the boards he will need to get him the puck. Of course, they would also have to put a goal scorer on the other wing so that he has a release valve as well.

Samsquanch

Raging Bull Squatch
Nov 28, 2008
Sudbury
This is why he needs a tenacious forward on his wing like he had in Windsor in Brendan Lemieux. Brown doesn't seem to have it in him & to expect that is just going to frustrate fans as they were with Spezza at times. Putting Tkachuk or maybe even Formenton the way he plays at times on his line might be the answer or they could go after a tenacious forward through trade with all the assets they have that may not be in their future plans. Other than those two I don't see anyone else in this org who could do the nasty work needed in the corners or along the boards he will need to get him the puck. Of course, they would also have to put a goal scorer on the other wing so that he has a release valve as well.

I think we would be fine in terms of grittiness and compete with Stone, Tkachuk, Formenton and White up front for us. Duchene plays bigger and more feisty than his size would indicate. Batherson will likely be more cerebral, but still a strong player on his skates and willing to go to the hard areas once hes developed.

Even if 6'6 Logan Brown doesn't play as big as his size would indicate, I think we'll be totally fine in the new NHL.

TheBradyBunch

Dec 17, 2008
I think we would be fine in terms of grittiness and compete with Stone, Tkachuk, Formenton and White up front for us. Duchene plays bigger and more feisty than his size would indicate. Batherson will likely be more cerebral, but still a strong player on his skates and willing to go to the hard areas once hes developed.

Even if 6'6 Logan Brown doesn't play as big as his size would indicate, I think we'll be totally fine in the new NHL.

Norris is a hard-working, physical player as well and Nurmi, while low-upside, is a solid plugger, too. Not physical for his size but very good at doing the dirty work.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa

You are an optimist; I am a pessimist. We have some good prospects, just like many other teams; however, I would like to see the team get a top elite prospect to add to the good prospects we now have. The more elite prospects we have, the brighter the future will be.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Interesting to see that Batherson still leads Belleville in scoring & that Rodewald is the new leader in pts for the guys who are still down there. Belleville needs Chlapik to pick it up & start producing pts a lot more down there, he should be leading that team in scoring.

After the deadline I expect that Pyatt & maybe Paajarvi & McCormick to be gone if PD is able to find a taker for those guys. It will be interesting to see who they replace them with, my guess would be Chlapik, Paul & Rodewald.

Reactions: Johnny Hanson

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Mann is not too flattering when speaking about GG. Pretty much what we see when we watch him play though. Disappointing.. He can shoot and he can score; Maybe that's it but he has to work on his overall game and he has a lot of areas to work on in order to be a player.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Interesting to see that Batherson still leads Belleville in scoring & that Rodewald is the new leader in pts for the guys who are still down there. Belleville needs Chlapik to pick it up & start producing pts a lot more down there, he should be leading that team in scoring.

After the deadline I expect that Pyatt & maybe Paajarvi & McCormick to be gone if PD is able to find a taker for those guys. It will be interesting to see who they replace them with, my guess would be Chlapik, Paul & Rodewald.

Also interesting 3 guys with ties to the Sens are in the top 4 in AHL scoring

Varone
Conacher
Condra

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad