News Article: Bell Centre To Undergo Facelift (La Presse)

zeeto

Oct 28, 2011
Endwell, NY
I just go to games in NJ since it is much cheaper. Games in Boston might become cheaper if they start doing really bad and demand goes down.
We were actually planning a NJ game this year with my wife's sister and her husband, since they live in NNJ and my nephew is just starting to be interested in hockey.
My brother-in-law is a lifelong Bruins fan, who grew up just north of Boston, and he was hoping that tickets will be easier/cheaper to come by next year. He's grown a bit tired of the prices there.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
I guess they want to compete for big events with the new Videotron Centre. Im all for upgrades if it enhances the experience of going to the Bell. As long as it doesn't mean abusive price hikes for tickets.

I think that is it, this is more about concerts and other events than hockey.

GoHabsGo76

Fire Bergevin
Apr 16, 2009
Hawthorne, NJ
Pretty disappointing. I try to make a pilgrimage to Montreal as often as possible, but the ticket prices are just insane. Being from New Jersey, I have a lot of easy choices with the Devils and Islanders here, though Rangers tickets are insane as well.

The game in NJ is on a Friday night again this year, which is perfect. It's going to be a Habs home game essentially, as usual.

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
Live hockey is nice, of course.

The only problem I have with the Bell center recently is that they do everything to make sure that it will be a loud party, no matter what. So it's loud music, distracting stuff everywhere, 'MAKE SOME NOISE!' etc.

Sometimes it feels like the game is a side event.

Even from home people can tell it's forced. The Bell Centre crowd has been quite disappointing recently. I've been nothing a lot more ACC type silent at the game. Game 5 against Tampa was the best the crowd's been all year.

Habsfan2731

Jan 2, 2014
Toronto
I'm constantly back & forth to Montreal for games, it's actually cheaper for me to drive out there then it is to see them play Toronto here....

It's upsetting, I remember seeing the BC from Rene Levesque & the Novotel hotel there, the view outside my room was always really nice, now with all the condos going up & the construction, IMO it took some of the beauty away from the area there...

Instead of forking out for a few games in MTL this season I'm likely going to go on a road trip down to Florida & Tampa for those two games at the end of 2015 & drive up for the Winter Classic in Boston, make a fun road trip out of it, cheap tix in FLA for the 2 games then splurge a bit in Boston.

As sad as it sounds, outside the playoffs, the regular season atmosphere is a little disappointing & it has been since the 2013-14 season, IMO a big part of it is watching the very bland, boring style MT has them playing, it's not too fun when you pay good money to see them get outplayed, chasing the puck 75% of the game & playing awful defensive hockey with no creativity like we used to have, it kind of kills the atmosphere honestly IMO.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad