News Article: Bell Centre To Undergo Facelift (La Presse)

Alex514

May 10, 2015
I guess they want to compete for big events with the new Videotron Centre. Im all for upgrades if it enhances the experience of going to the Bell. As long as it doesn't mean abusive price hikes for tickets.

Le Tricolore

Boo! BOOOO!
Aug 3, 2005
Montreal
I guess they want to compete for big events with the new Videotron Centre. Im all for upgrades if it enhances the experience of going to the Bell. As long as it doesn't mean abusive price hikes for tickets.
Of course they'll use it as an excuse to raise prices.

habsjosh2k2

Sep 28, 2006
I received my invoice for season tickets in the mail last week, and I can confirm that my seats in the Greys went up 20% from last year. So you can expect a large increase in ticket prices

Habset

Feb 21, 2008
Montreal
Wtv the area lost it's appeal since they surronded the whoel BC with Condo buildings. Can't even see it from Rene-Levesque anymore.

CGG

Jan 6, 2005
Raising ticket prices would have happened even if there were no renovations.

Le Tricolore

Boo! BOOOO!
Aug 3, 2005
Montreal
I received my invoice for season tickets in the mail last week, and I can confirm that my seats in the Greys went up 20% from last year. So you can expect a large increase in ticket prices

20%? Wow.

I didn't pay for tickets to a single game in Montreal last season. Definitely the first time in at least... well since I've been working and have money.

I can't see myself paying for tickets again with that price increase. I'd rather take a drive down to Boston and see the Habs there and make a weekend out of it.

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
20%? Wow.

I didn't pay for tickets to a single game in Montreal last season. Definitely the first time in at least... well since I've been working and have money.

I can't see myself paying for tickets again with that price increase. I'd rather take a drive down to Boston and see the Habs there and make a weekend out of it.

I'm not spending a dime on this team. Who the hell wants to watch DD turn the puck over and the team play 1-0 grindfests? Increasing the price by 20% is criminal, the product on ice is the most boring I have ever seen.

Dagistitsyn

Aug 27, 2011
Nova Scotia
I'm not spending a dime on this team. Who the hell wants to watch DD turn the puck over and the team play 1-0 grindfests? Increasing the price by 20% is criminal, the product on ice is the most boring I have ever seen.

I went to 5 regular season games this year and only one of them was bad, and it was the only one I didn't see at the bell centre ( was in Anaheim )

The two playoff games I went too were Amazing.

That being said, the prices are getting beyond ridiculous

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
I haven't bought a single Habs ticket in 9 years now and am not planning on doing so next season.

Last edited:

Uber Coca

Apr 23, 2003
Montreal
As for the prices, it's getting ridiculous. Anyone has any information about the profit margin? Who takes the final decisions? The ownership group?

I'd rather spend my money in a resto/bar (almost all of them show the game nowadays) than spend a fortune in the Bell Center.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bill McNeal

Jul 19, 2003
Montreal
Greys were $63 this past season ($97 for optimum games). Increase that by 20%, and you're looking at 75/116. In 2009 they were 36.50/47.50... I can find much better uses for $75.

the

Mar 2, 2012
Montreal
The grindfest is hurting the product. There was some extremely cheap tickets during round 2 against Tampa Bay. Just by looking at the pre-game jam, you could notice that the hype around the team is slowly fading.

shawdowmaker

Dec 20, 2011
Montreal
They create a problem now they want to fix it. The average fan will pay for it as usual. I ll watch the habs on vacation in Florida or from Home. That entire area just looks weird now days!!

JPGoHabsGo

May 30, 2013
The grindfest is hurting the product. There was some extremely cheap tickets during round 2 against Tampa Bay. Just by looking at the pre-game jam, you could notice that the hype around the team is slowly fading.

I can confirm this. In October 2011 I went to a game against Philadelphia, when we fired Perry Pearn right before the game. The ticket was about $150 and I was maybe 6 rows from the very back of the upper bowl and we were right at the centre ice line. Good sightlines and it was my first game at the Bell so I didn't care much about the price.

For game 5 against Tampa Bay I paid $180 and sat at the front of the upper bowl. Behind Bishops net.

If playoff prices are going to be like that I will go as often as I can

DJ Breadman

Jan 18, 2011
Newfoundland
I'm not going to a game this year either, i'm not from Quebec but I fly in once a year for the last 4 years to watch a game or two, won't be doing it this year, don't like the team on the ice, don't like the coach, don't like the style of play on the ice and it goes on and on.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad