News Article: Bell Centre To Undergo Facelift (La Presse)

Les Habitants

Jul 21, 2010
Montreal
I have White, 1st-Row tickets and the price increased by 9.8%. Since I became a season ticket holder, summer of 2005, the price has gone up 75%..... increasing every year.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
I wish they would get rid of that big walkway that hangs down from the ceiling in front of the 400's. Sat there too many times lol.

General Fanager

Feb 2, 2010
Chambly, Qc
I went to 5 regular season games this year and only one of them was bad, and it was the only one I didn't see at the bell centre ( was in Anaheim )

The two playoff games I went too were Amazing.

That being said, the prices are getting beyond ridiculous

The Players have to get paid somehow....

Seb

All we are is Dustin Byfuglien
Jul 15, 2006
Why need a facelift outside when we can't even see the building anymore?

Anyways, not going to spend a single dime on a ticket until Therrien is behind the bench and Desharnais is the first line center.

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
Cheap tactic to hike the price of the Greys by 20%...

I haven't bought a single Habs ticket in 9 years now and am not planning on doing so next season.

You need to see PK live at least once.

Id say it is more appealing than an empty parking lot

That awful parking lot....

I think the exterior planning is great. New seats is also great news.

1030864-proprietaire-canadien-voudrait-faire-avenue.jpg

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
Last edited:

Capitaine Subban*

I remember the late 90s & the early 2000s :cry: so I'm gladly gonna root a ,couple of time, for the Habs winning next year as usual ...

zeeto

Oct 28, 2011
Endwell, NY
Now that our daughter is almost 3, and needing a ticket, I doubt we'll continue to head up for games. Between hotel, food, gas, and tickets I'll end up spending close to $1k for each game, and it's just not going to be worth it anymore. Instead we'll just head to NY/NJ, Buffalo, Philly, etc where we have friends living and go as a group. Definitely sucks, but it is what it is.

Price is Wright

Feb 5, 2010
essex
Glad I goto games in Detroit and never pay more than $50 for my tickets.

Of course that'll change when they build the Little Caesars Colosseum of Doom.

ThaDevilGirl

Every day is a day off
Oct 1, 2006
YUL
Maybe I'll just head down to Florida and catch Habs games there. Make a vacation out of it.

I think this year I'll spend my money on TV sound system instead of going to games. I've been disappointed too many times lately even though I've seen wins. It's just not the same. Crowd sucks, product on the ice is very meh. Might as well invest that money into something else.

Sined

The AndroidBugler!
Jun 25, 2007
I have a tv. I'm good. Tickets are way too expensive.

I have a 65-inch TV.

Nothing beats being at the game in person, watching the Habs score and celebrating hugging and high fiving a complete stranger next to you as if it were a childhood friend.

My mother and uncle who never liked watching hockey on TV absolutely LOVED the game the attended.

That being said, I understand the prices are too much for some people. But to that I say, if you ever have the chance to go to a game, do it!

varsaku

Feb 14, 2014
United States
Now that our daughter is almost 3, and needing a ticket, I doubt we'll continue to head up for games. Between hotel, food, gas, and tickets I'll end up spending close to $1k for each game, and it's just not going to be worth it anymore. Instead we'll just head to NY/NJ, Buffalo, Philly, etc where we have friends living and go as a group. Definitely sucks, but it is what it is.

I just go to games in NJ since it is much cheaper. Games in Boston might become cheaper if they start doing really bad and demand goes down.

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
I have a 65-inch TV.

Nothing beats being at the game in person, watching the Habs score and celebrating hugging and high fiving a complete stranger next to you as if it were a childhood friend.

My mother and uncle who never liked watching hockey on TV absolutely LOVED the game the attended.

That being said, I understand the prices are too much for some people. But to that I say, if you ever have the chance to go to a game, do it!

I disagree. I much prefer watching hockey games at home than in person. I understand I'm the minority, but I never missed watching hockey live.

varsaku

Feb 14, 2014
United States
I disagree. I much prefer watching hockey games at home than in person. I understand I'm the minority, but I never missed watching hockey live.

The TV coverage has improved a lot over the years. With the quality of video and coverage improving, more people prefer watching games at home instead of paying a ridiculous amount to watch live.

Brainiac

Registered Offender
Feb 17, 2013
Montreal

Live hockey is nice, of course.

The only problem I have with the Bell center recently is that they do everything to make sure that it will be a loud party, no matter what. So it's loud music, distracting stuff everywhere, 'MAKE SOME NOISE!' etc.

Sometimes it feels like the game is a side event.

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
The TV coverage has improved a lot over the years. With the quality of video and coverage improving, more people prefer watching games at home instead of paying a ridiculous amount to watch live.

It's not just about the money. If I had a chance to watch a game live for free or do that on my TV instead - I'll take the latter.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad