NFL: Belichick out in New England (mutually agree to part)

Unholy Diver

Oct 13, 2002
in the midnight sea
If Dallas somehow finds a way to lose this game (which absolutely should not happen) Jerry's not even going to wait for McCarthy to get to the locker room before setting him on fire.

That said, Belichick is not a guy I envision working well with a meddling owner like Jones. Jones' ego is too big to accommodate BB.

That would probably make a hell of a reality show though, those two living in the same mansion? It would be the original odd couple all over again for like the 10th time

• Haha
Reactions: TheGreenTBer

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com
some darkhorse candidates i can see:

bills if they lose early (especially if they lose to the steelers but that wont happen)
jets (idk if bill would go there but i could see them trying hard)
raiders
washington

TheAngryHank

Expert
May 28, 2008
If Dallas somehow finds a way to lose this game (which absolutely should not happen) Jerry's not even going to wait for McCarthy to get to the locker room before setting him on fire.

That said, Belichick is not a guy I envision working well with a meddling owner like Jones. Jones' ego is too big to accommodate BB.
Let Jurrah meddle some , the roster is more or less there .
How many big games these clown lose due to the clock. Say what you will about BB but his team's never beat themselves.
Who makes a bigger media splash than BB.. Just like the Tuna.

TheGreenTBer

shut off the power while I take a big shit
Apr 30, 2021
Let Jurrah meddle some , the roster is more or less there .
How many big games these clown lose due to the clock. Say what you will about BB but his team's never beat themselves.
Who makes a bigger media splash than BB.. Just like the Tuna.
Jones cannot tolerate anyone else getting credit over him. At all. I don't see that working with Bill.

Reactions: Voight

J T Money

Biggest Bozo
Jan 21, 2016
BB going to Buffalo and winning their first Super Bowl ever is the twist we all need :laugh:

TheAngryHank

Expert
May 28, 2008
Jones cannot tolerate anyone else getting credit over him. At all. I don't see that working with Bill.
That's why BB is perfect ,
Reporter : What is special about this playoff win? "
Bill : mumble mumble..players win games and it's on to philly"

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
i completely forgot jim mora jr was the seahawks coach before carroll

Yeah, he was the stop gap right after the Mike
Holmgren era ended. They went 5-11 and Mora was promptly canned which ushered in the Pete Carroll era.

Seahawks picked 4th in 2009 draft which got them Aaron Curry who was absolutely dog ass. Their second round pick, Max Unget anchored that 2013 Seahawks offensive line to a title.

Can’t forget the infamous TJ Houshmandzadeh signing, at his press conference he referenced that Jim Mora Jr offered him a watch which prompted him to sign in Seattle.

Just SMH.

pockets

Thank you, Bill!
Aug 12, 2003
Green Mountain

Before hiring anyone, Matt Groh needs to be fired.

Mayo makes sense though if the goal is to keep the D intact as best possible, he’s an extremely smart up n’ coming defensive coach who’s spent 8 years playing for Bill and another 5 coaching under him, the players love him, and he’s essentially been co-DC with Steve Belichick for the last few years.

That said, Vrabel/Peters would be my 1st choice for coach/gm pairing especially given their previous experience with Kraft and Patriots.

Otherwise they should go full culture change, tear it all down and bring in someone like Ben Johnson and a GM with no previous ties to the Pats or Belichick.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
I don’t understand the Atlanta talk with him.

Why would he go from a situation of not having a QB to a situation of not having a QB?

That’s not how you chase greatness.

Yeah the division is bad but you’re not competing for rings. He needs a more win now ready team

Reactions: Voight

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
Imagine Bill doing the Dirty Bird dance :laugh:

Also, I’m sure Arthur Blank is going to write a big enough check and give him full control of duties.

TheAngryHank

Expert
May 28, 2008
Hear me out on this one.. Just thinking out loud.
Jets have everything required as far as talent...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad