NFL: Belichick out in New England (mutually agree to part)

Hellcat

Jul 13, 2022
Kraft likes his HOF coaches, is Saban going to the Pats? He was Belichek's Def coordinator in Cleveland for 4 years... would he have any interest in goign pro again?

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
Josh McDaniels has next
1704990003675.png

• Haha
Reactions: TheGreenTBer

Melrose Munch

Mar 18, 2007
On a what if scenario, since Josh was terrible for LV, if they just kept Rich B, and Josh remained NE OC could he have saved Jones the past 2 seasons this BB still remains NE HC still?
Very high. I think Ziegler would be the NE GM in this scenario too

TheGreenTBer

shut off the power while I take a big shit
Apr 30, 2021
As long As it isn't my team, I'm all for it. :naughty:

My suspicion McD does what he did last time and crawls back up Hoodie's ass as his OC wherever he ends up.
I am wary of offensive coordinators that have built their career on generational QB's. Peyton Manning, Tom Brady and Aaron Rodgers in recent memory were all basically their own OC's to some extent (especially Manning and ARod) and I'm convinced Rodgers likes Hackett because he just lets Rodgers run the show. I always wondered what Peyton Manning said to Woody Johnson when serving as a reference for Adam Gase...it was probably something like "he gets out of the way of my giant forehead, does some blow in the locker room and stares at a clipboard for a while."

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Whether Kraft said "we're gonna fire you" or not, the mutual parting part is relevant in that Belichick was good with his contract being terminated instead of making Kraft fire him and take a sabbatical year while still collecting a fat pay check.

At this point all he's missing is the all time wins record, so a sabbatical would've just prolonged that anyway.

The craziest stat for me is in the last 24 years, the other 31 teams have collectively hired 213 coaches.

Kraft likes his HOF coaches, is Saban going to the Pats? He was Belichek's Def coordinator in Cleveland for 4 years... would he have any interest in goign pro again?

0% chance this happens.

Reactions: Hellcat

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
At this point all he's missing is the all time wins record, so a sabbatical would've just prolonged that anyway.

The craziest stat for me is in the last 24 years, the other 31 teams have collectively hired 213 coaches.

0% chance this happens.
I was just looking at the longest tenured coaches, top 3 is pretty expected with Tomlin, Harbaugh, and Reid.

But 4th is a tie between McDermott, McVay, and Shanahan which I was not expecting at all.

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
atlanta makes the most sense to me

team already has a ton of great pieces in place. they have an OL, a guy made for BB in Bijan, and a solid defense.

The Chargers are the best spot for him IMO. No QB worries with Herbert plus WR is stocked with Allen/Williams. All he's gotta do is fix the o-line and his specialty, the defense.

Reactions: Voight

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
The Chargers are the best spot for him IMO. No QB worries with Herbert plus WR is stocked with Allen/Williams. All he's gotta do is fix the o-line and his specialty, the defense.
One of them will end up being a cap casualty. Think that's why they went QJ vs Flowers/Addison as they look to replace them with a similar style WR. Plus, Williams suffered a serious season ending injury. May end up getting cut.

Bosa, Mack, likely one is not coming back either for cap reasons.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
it's going to be so weird seeing the pats with a new HC. guessing one of mayo or vrabel replaces him, even though i hope its mcdaniels for the lols

wonder which team will be willing to hand over the keys to BB

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Damn i thought he would stay after he was willing to relinquish GM duties.

NGL, i can't stand the Patriots but this is f***ing weird. Hoodie was there for like 3 quarters of my life.

In probably unrelated news, Mike McCarthy just felt something pointy and metal drag across his back and he's not sure if he wants to know what it is.

BruinsFan37

Jun 26, 2015

How many posters here personally remember someone other that Bill being coach of the Patriots?

How many weren't even born yet?

An entire generation of Pats fans have grown up and had kids of their own, only knowing Bill and no-one else as the head coach of the Patriots.

(For the record my earliest Pats memories were Squish the Fish and Berry the Bears. the second of which um, did not work so well)

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com
knowing bb he’d prob rather have the OL in place and have a choice of QB

but the chargers are the other team i think should be all in on him.

TheGreenTBer

shut off the power while I take a big shit
Apr 30, 2021
Damn i thought he would stay after he was willing to relinquish GM duties.

NGL, i can't stand the Patriots but this is f***ing weird. Hoodie was there for like 3 quarters of my life.

In probably unrelated news, Mike McCarthy just felt something pointy and metal drag across his back and he's not sure if he wants to know what it is.
If Dallas somehow finds a way to lose this game (which absolutely should not happen) Jerry's not even going to wait for McCarthy to get to the locker room before setting him on fire.

That said, Belichick is not a guy I envision working well with a meddling owner like Jones. Jones' ego is too big to accommodate BB.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad