NFL: Belichick out in New England (mutually agree to part)

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
It was a hell of a ride with Belichick but the time had come.

Not sure where the Patriots go from here, but time for a fresh start hopefully.

Sep 19, 2008
Here comes the Belichick coaching watch

1704979600788.jpeg

@Fixed to Ruin

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Vrabel should be who they go after despite everything I keep hearing about Mayo.
I obviously have no idea what Mayo is like inside the organization, but it seems really premature to hire a guy with 4 years of coaching experience, none of which is even at the coordinator level, as HC to rebuild your organization after a guy like Bill leaves.

Belichick has basically made every relevant decision at the organization for at least 15 years, they're gonna have big holes to fill in the draft department and player recruitment areas even beyond the obvious couching structure challenges.

Reactions: Voight

Say Hey Kid

Baby, you can drive Makar
Dec 10, 2007
ATL
They didn't mutually agree to part. If he has to GM or even pick his OC, any team would be a fool to hire him. I wish the Packers were bad and hired him. ;)

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
So basically, it doesn't seem like there will be a trade of his rights...

I just can't see ATL with that QB situation after what BB has lived through since 2020.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
The Patriots should make the ultimate mistake and make one of their own coordinators their new head coach. Make the mistake that the league kept making for years.

And Atlanta would have to back up a half dozen Brinks trucks each filled to the brims with benjamins for Belichick to want to go there, but I'm sure that he'd be happy to use Falcons offers to drive up his asking price in LA.

Watch him go to the Cowboys just to utterly befuddle all of us. I know, it won't happen.

Say Hey Kid

Dec 10, 2007
ATL
So basically, it doesn't seem like there will be a trade of his rights... I just can't see ATL with that QB situation after what BB has lived through since 2020.
I would agree, but everyone said Payton would wait for a HoF type QB. As GM, Bill picked his QBs.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
So he's going to end up as coach for either the Chargers or Seahawks, right?

And Vrabel to New England?

Chargers make most sense IMO

QB in place and Chargers would likely want to make big splash to get attention since they are near bottom of LA sports scene.

Of course, Spanos would have to open his wallet.

Seahawks QB situation isn't ideal for him with Geno soon to be 34 and rather pedestrian.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
They didn't mutually agree to part. If he has to GM or even pick his OC, any team would be a fool to hire him. I wish the Packers were bad and hired him. ;)
Whether Kraft said "we're gonna fire you" or not, the mutual parting part is relevant in that Belichick was good with his contract being terminated instead of making Kraft fire him and take a sabbatical year while still collecting a fat pay check.

Reactions: Voight and LT

Say Hey Kid

Dec 10, 2007
ATL
The Patriots should make the ultimate mistake and make one of their own coordinators their new head coach. Make the mistake that the league kept making for years. ...
I think Quinn would be good in Dallas and (although we're talking NFL in an NFL thread so this is off topic) I think Moore would be good at MI.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad