OT: Beijing 2022 Olympics: Games on

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Europe and International play are moving towards smaller ice surface dimensions. It's been widely recognized as creating more exciting gameplay.

Not sure when this happened. I know Finland moved to smaller surface several years ago but never noticed anything else.

Burke the Legend

Feb 22, 2012
Not sure when this happened. I know Finland moved to smaller surface several years ago but never noticed anything else.

KHL and IIHF both started a few years ago. As you say, Finland too. I don't know about in the rest of Europe though if any newer arenas have done this yet, in the past 2-3 years.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
It's amazing how good Norway is. 5.3 million people, 35 medals - 15 golds, 8 silvers and 12 bronze medals!

That country is a good example of what happens when you embrace winter and spend a lot of time outdoors. All nordic climate countries can learn from that.

Reactions: dinodebino

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
One last medal for Canada; Bronze in the 4 man bob. Prevented the Germans from placing 1-2-3.

Pretty impressive. Canada was leading it just before the two German squads beat them for the first two spots, as was predicted for them.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
It's amazing how good Norway is. 5.3 million people, 35 medals - 15 golds, 8 silvers and 12 bronze medals!

Are alot of the winter events catered to that part of the world? I mean, I think the idea of winter Olympics originated from that part of the world, did it not?

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
Jukka Jalonen, who I have been advocating be our coach for a long time, has now won the World Juniors, the World Championships (twice), and now an Olympic gold medal, as well as an Olympic bronze.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Jukka Jalonen, who I have been advocating be our coach for a long time, has now won the World Juniors, the World Championships (twice), and now an Olympic gold medal, as well as an Olympic bronze.

I’d put a giant asterisk on that gold medal with NHL players pulling out. Not taking anything away from his other accomplishments wherever the playing field was not deprived of its best elements.

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
I’d put a giant asterisk on that gold medal with NHL players pulling out. Not taking anything away from his other accomplishments wherever the playing field was not deprived of its best elements.

I don't think it's much of an asterisk, tbh. Does Babcock get an asterisk for winning with Team Canada? I mean, Hamilton should have asterisks for driving by far the best car.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad