GDT: WCQF GM05 | Vancouver Canucks vs. Nashville Predators | Tue. Apr 30th | 7:00PM PST | SNP/CBC | Hey, hey, I wanna be a Brock Star

Status
Not open for further replies.

HelloCookie

Nov 23, 2016
Finland
20240430_163620.jpg

I have my playoff shrine ready. Didn't show up until game 5 which is unprofessional and should get me scratched honestly, I also didn't have yarn, so camping rope has to suffice. Cat related pins to attract feline hockey teams. Those are my offerings. Protected by Johnny Canuck, Ice Cold Arturs, and Loui the Empty Net Assassin 500 super fuzz.

thekernel

Apr 11, 2011
Oh man, I hope we can close it out. If we thought we were getting their best these past two games, their backs are against the wall now. We need this dub! Don't give them life boys!

Reactions: Indiana

Grub

First Line Troll
Jun 30, 2008
B.C
Going to be a 9 AM game for me in the other side of the world. Was just in Vancouver last month and ready to roll with my Quinn Hughes jersey.

Lets do this shit! 16 years on this board and counting, a 33 year old man now with 2 kids, and I'm as excited as ever. I feel my youth coming back, lets get to the second round!

Happy to see some old members coming back to these boards to join in on the run.

Last edited:

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
I'm know I'm being greedy but I wouldn't mind seeing the Canucks both win AND play well this game.

They seemed to crack the Preds down low and in the high-danger areas late last game, plus PP has looked much better. If Lindholm can keep rolling along with Miller/Boeser we should be in a good a spot.

Just have to clean-up getting owned in the neutral zone and transition game, which is largely a question of effort and keeping feet moving.

Reactions: Indiana and ziploc

Nick Lang

May 14, 2015
Horvat led this team in 2020. I understand he had his issues with the locker room and being part of the whole Jim Benning fiasco. But Bo ALWAYS showed up when they needed him. He was clutch.

I would gladly welcome him back in Vancouver as will many.

If anything blame Benning for the 7 years of garbage he put around of Bo.

No shit. Anyone talking crap about Bo is just a crap fan and a reason players don't want to play for the team. The guy did nothing but bleed blue and green, and take on an impossible captaincy while that clown JB surrounded him rubbish and wasted almost a decade of his career. Not like Miller, Hughes, or Demko did anything either until JR and PA fixed the team. Maybe they should run around making funny names up and rip into Hughes while they're at it.

People shitting on Bo don't know hockey ... like at all. Or they're just insecure as f*&k and blame others for their problems.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
These are the kind of games that, in the long run, will often determine how far a team goes in the Cup playoffs.

Close it out in five, with plenty of rest and practice time to prepare for likely the Oilers. Lose it, and it's back on a plane to Nashville for a pressure packed game #6, and potentially a 'winner-take-all' seventh game. All the travel and wear and tear takes a toll.

And for the Canucks, that's the only big benefit of a series with Edmonton. Simple travel in almost the same time zone. But first things first.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
These are the kind of games that, in the long run, will often determine how far a team goes in the Cup playoffs.

Close it out in five, with plenty of rest and practice time to prepare for likely the Oilers. Lose it, and it's back on a plane to Nashville for a pressure packed game #6, and potentially a 'winner-take-all' seventh game. All the travel and wear and tear takes a toll.

And for the Canucks, that's the only big benefit of a series with Edmonton. Simple travel in almost the same time zone. But first things first.
Have to step up and close it out. Up 3-0 Chicago and it goes 7, not good long term, but I doubt that changes Kesler getting hurt late in SJ series or Hamhuis in Boston series. But, each game adds.

Also, so far only LV/Dal is scheduled to go 6 games. Which takes it to Friday. So, close out on Tuesday and hope other series (col/win since Jets are home in game 5) go to 6 games. Otherwise, NHL could be staring at an Open Saturday with no hockey and possibly Sunday no hockey if there isn't a game 7. They may just start a couple of series on Sunday to ensure they have games that day. And since there is a U2 concert on Sat and Mon in Van, Canucks either start on Sunday or Tuesday for Round 2.

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
Maybe I'm misremembering but wasn't that only for like one shift 5-on-5 shift?

Lindholm was on the ice with them for the 2 late goals but they were 6-on-5.

If they want to get Petey going they could between him between Joshua and Garland but might be better to keep Lindholm on his own line to simply check with like Mikheyev and Lafferty or something lol.

I think they had two or three shifts before Silvos was pulled and everything went nuts. Hard to really assess if it was an adjustment or just a quick one time decision like the Lotto line has been. Either way, I wouldn't mind attempting it.

Granted, with how good Lindholm's played, I'd prefer trying him with Petey to see if we can finally spark something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad