Management Behind the B - 2015 NHL Draft

member 96824

Why are they still active in the Bruin's organization?

The guys put the list together. I think maybe during that time, we should have taken some time out – as everybody knows, we tried to move up in the draft. It didn’t work. We probably should have taken the time out and really just digested that list a little bit more. Then there was a pick that one of our scouts really thought that the player wouldn’t be available in the second round.

Still the 2nd funniest quote I’ve heard in my time following hockey. “More time” :laugh::laugh: Gets me every time.

The funniest was that Don didn’t have time to prepare for the draft. That was grade A comedy.

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma
Especially since they negotiated to get those draft picks. Not as if it was a burden dropped upon them unexpectedly.

Well..unless they were dumb enough to assume “trade talks” means “trade completed and finalized” and didn’t believe a plan B would be important.

But no one is that dumb…

Yea I refuse to believe trades like that get done in 1 phone call.

On each one there had to be some back and forth and during that time you have to gameplan for what happens if the deal goes through.

There's no way they talked about trades involving getting more 1st round picks without having any idea who they wanted to draft with said picks.

MattFromFranklin

Fire Sweeney and Neely
Jun 19, 2012
Franklin, MA
Still the 2nd funniest quote I’ve heard in my time following hockey. “More time” :laugh::laugh: Gets me every time.

The funniest was that Don didn’t have time to prepare for the draft. That was grade A comedy.
To add to that, literally everyone and their mother knew they’d make the lazy hire and promote Sweeney. Who else were they gonna bring in? I don’t buy for a second that they were ever close to bringing in anyone else. IMO, Neely lied through his teeth when he said they’d have an “exhaustive search” for the next GM. Then again, perhaps he was referring to how exhausted he was waddling back and forth from his office to Don’s office since he has let himself go.

MattFromFranklin

Fire Sweeney and Neely
Jun 19, 2012
Franklin, MA
By the way, yesterday was the 6 year anniversary of the 2015 1st Round. One of the darkest days in the modern era for this franchise. It’s a disgrace that several people who advocated for or were complicit in that whiff are still employed by this organization.

That night is going to be child’s play compared to what we’ll experience if Sweeney and Neely are allowed to oversee a rebuild.

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
Agree, it doesn't need to be daily but this won't go away until that fine day the last of Barzal, Connor, Chabot, Boeser, Konecny have finally retired.

But before their retirement announcements we will learn one of or all of our glorious 2015 first round draft picks will have signed a contract in Europe.

It's not going away and I hope it haunts Neely/Sweeney for decades. Watching Barzal this past series couldn't have been easy for those two arrogant AHs. At least that brings a smile to this fans face.
A true gem example of the misery loving New England attitude.

Reactions: Ratty

member 96824

Agree, it doesn't need to be daily but this won't go away until that fine day the last of Barzal, Connor, Chabot, Boeser, Konecny have finally retired.

But before their retirement announcements we will learn one of or all of our glorious 2015 first round draft picks will have signed a contract in Europe.

It's not going away and I hope it haunts Neely/Sweeney for decades. Watching Barzal this past series couldn't have been easy for those two arrogant AHs. At least that brings a smile to this fans face.

Nah, It’ll go away eventually. GM Scott Bradley will have his moment and the focus will turn to that.

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
By the way, yesterday was the 6 year anniversary of the 2015 1st Round. One of the darkest days in the modern era for this franchise. It’s a disgrace that several people who advocated for or were complicit in that whiff are still employed by this organization.

That night is going to be child’s play compared to what we’ll experience if Sweeney and Neely are allowed to oversee a rebuild.

Its amazing that the man who was ultimately responsible for that draft and who had arguably the two worst Free-Agent signings in Bruins History is still employed by this Organization at that very same position.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad