Pre-Game Talk: Beginning of the Road to Nowhere (@PHI, @BOS, @MON)

Status
Not open for further replies.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
How dare you invoke that name here! (both Chambers AND Nadia! ;))

What did he say?

My favorites "former star" and "Pickard is capable of stealing wins, something Varlamov has not done". And he was awful except for the win in Tampa. I mean really dude.

Pickard is a great guy and prospect but he has this vision that he's Carey Price in the minors, it's ridiculous. Pickard could not give up third period goals for starters, he has things to work on himself. He's in the right place.

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA
Touché.

You might be on to something!

:sarcasm:

I figured one of the usual suspects would get to that conclusion eventually, just figured I be proactive and steal their bait before they could put it on the hook.

forgot we could have had that cornerstone in the making 2015 6th rounder still too

:laugh:

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Man, it's way too early in the season for me to have this feeling of apathy towards game outcomes because they're likely out of the playoffs. Hasn't happened this early before.

I can't imagine what it feels for guys like Duchene and Landy who have had front row tickets to this crappy ride for a while now. No matter how one views them, you can't say they don't care. A lot.

Sea Eagles

Feb 7, 2012
As others have said in this thread, I feel The Avs have mailed it in this season, and honestly, would that be the worst thing.

Use the time to tweek things. Those who can play in SAR, get them to play there, and get used to winning. They sure as heck aren't going to learn how to win in the top team.

I'd love to get Matthews to be honest. Throw him on a line with Duchene and Radulov next season.

As far as the road games go, I think we may beat The Leafs, but that's it.

We only won 3 games in the whole month of October - I think we'll be doing well if we can match that this month.

Sending Zadorov to SAR indicates to me, they've given up (right or wrong). We'll be 28th after tonight (looks like The Lames might beat The Penguins).

By the time Avs play their first away game, we may very well be dead last in the entire league.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Yeah they've definitely given up on the season lol. I wish Everberg was still waiver eligible too because then I'd be all for sending him down to San Antonio to help them even more and work on his offensive game. Call up a plug like Bordy and play him on the 4th line for all I care lol

forsbergavs32

Global Moderator
Jan 21, 2011
Fresno,CA
I may as well be the delusional one here and say we go 4-2-1 for 9 points. Despite the losses in the last couple games, the team has looked much better so I think they do well during this road trip.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Negative. Rampage have a game today so probably will find out tomorrow.

I wonder if Mikko has another good game, if they'd call him up or it wouldn't matter in his case.

I'd like to imagine it would, but I've got no idea what this team is doing at this point.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
I wonder if Mikko has another good game, if they'd call him up or it wouldn't matter in his case.

I'd like to imagine it would, but I've got no idea what this team is doing at this point.

It will be interesting to see which direction they go in. The obvious (Agozzino) is hurt. I think with Z going down and the mandate that they all get big minutes might play a part. You can't sell that message about Z and then bring Mikko right back up. I'd say another month and the next injury might force their hand. I think either Rendulic or Martinsen get the call this time.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
It will be interesting to see which direction they go in. The obvious (Agozzino) is hurt. I think with Z going down and the mandate that they all get big minutes might play a part. You can't sell that message about Z and then bring Mikko right back up. I'd say another month and the next injury might force their hand. I think either Rendulic or Martinsen get the call this time.

Unless Mikko actually gets time in our top 6, and not 10 minutes a game. Who is the best option to get those minutes though?

Is it really Comeau over Mikko? It definitely is not Rendulic or Everberg.

I guess you could say them waiting, might also be them evaluating all of those questions the same way we are. However Roy did say Comeau played his best game of the season after he was moved up against NYR, which I think is BS and borderline delusional.

So hard to make any sort of predictions at this point. Even taking Roy's comments into account.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
This might be of general interest, Bordy might get suspended for two boarding incidents in one shift. He got a second guy while the other team was continuing on the delayed penalty from the first one. One of the players has a concussion now.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Unless Roy changes how he does things because of the lack of top six players, what's the point of calling up a good skilled player from the Rampage? That player would most likely get less than 10 mins somewhere in the bottom six. I'm okay with it being Martinsen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad