Pre-Game Talk: Beginning of the Road to Nowhere (@PHI, @BOS, @MON)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Why not top four minutes in the NHL if you're giving up on the season?

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
Wouldn't they play in the NHL if they are giving up? Or just keeping up illusions for the vets?
Not necessarily. They may prefer to let him develop in a winning environment in the AHL, rather than the tire fire the Avs have been most nights. And Zadorov doesn't look ready for top 4 minutes. Throwing someone into the fire when they might not be ready isn't the greatest decision. He'll probably be back up here at some point because injuries happen, but he can play everywhere in the AHL.

It's time for them to be realistic. They're already too far behind in the Central to get back in it. Let Rantanen, Zadorov, and Bigras be the guys down there in the AHL. How many times has Roy talked about the Tampa/Detroit model on the radio? I think they're taking advantage of having a good AHL team, for once.

My only real concern will be how Zadorov handles it.

This is a chance for Gormley to get consistent minutes. Let's see if he can take advantage of it.

Last edited:

StayAtHomeAv

May 20, 2014
The Pickard part of that article was the most interesting. He said twice that Pickard will be "here" next year. Um? And chambers thinks he will challenge Varly.

If Mitchell is back then they don't NEED an extra forward. I understand wanting to have one on the road with a few gimpy players. I'm putting my money on Rendulic.

By here, he means the organization. Last thing he said was if both goalies are healthy he will be in same role as now.

With Mitchell back maybe Street goes down in favor of a winger.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
For all the talk about this new found depth up front after the offseason additions, those guys have combined for three goals after 14 games, with Skille having two of those three.

I wonder if/when we'll see Berra on this road trip. There's no back to backs but he has been playing well while Varly has struggled.

StayAtHomeAv

May 20, 2014
Not in that context, Sakic means here in Colorado. He said it like that when speaking about Bigras too.

" He’ll be here next year, and as long as our two goalies are healthy, he’ll stay down there and keep playing like that."

I don't know see how he is saying he will be here in Colorado.

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
" He’ll be here next year, and as long as our two goalies are healthy, he’ll stay down there and keep playing like that."

The first part is about next year. The second part is about this year. He's definitely saying he'll be in Colorado next year, but not this year unless injury.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007

I think that's exactly what he's saying with the first part of the quote, Pickard will be in Colorado next year. However, as long as Varly and Berra are healthy, he'll stay in the AHL this season.

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA
My predictions:

This week (3 games) = 2 points
Road trip (7 games) = 6 points

Glad to hear Mitchell will be back, and while he hasn't been good, I think the loss of Tangs will make the team weaker. Hopefully Comeau and Grigs take the opportunity and run with it

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
The stuff Chambers just said about Varly, he should have his credential taken away. He sounds like Nadia.

Varly will never catch a break with the media, they've always been hard on him no matter where he goes.

Funny part about it, hes been a fan favorite since he got here, and way before he put up the Vezinamov.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
As usual, there's a lot I disagree with in that Chambers article. Maybe he's still angry because Varly refused to speak with him that one time. Leave Pickard where he is but I wouldn't be opposed to Berra getting more starts if Varly keeps struggling. No doubt he's still the #1 goalie but he hasn't been good this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad