Rumor: Beaulieu to be traded

Status
Not open for further replies.

hockeyfan2k11

Jun 11, 2011
Will also be fun to watch the Habs dmen trying to get the puck out of their zone. We're really going for the Anaheim model without the Centers and like, talent.

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
Will also be fun to watch the Habs dmen trying to get the puck out of their zone. We're really going for the Anaheim model without the Centers and like, talent.

It's funny, people pretend like it never happened, but last offseason there were tons of people on this message board saying that the Habs would struggle to move the puck, get the puck out of the zone, would struggle with transition, scoring, etc... because of the lack of movement on the backend.

It literally happened exactly like everyone predicted.

Now we are likely to be even worse in this regard, and people are again plugging their ears and pretending it isn't a problem.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Playing with some dominant Sea Dogs teams may have projected a sense that Beaulieu had more growth in him then he did. Like you said Beaulieu can be a good NHLer but at the same time after 3 full seasons he is what he is.

Was tough to determined on that team who were good and who were good because they were a product of. Zach Philips is another name that comes to mind. Even Galiev. Maybe even Jurco. Moste of them looked incredibly great. And now, it's a battle for most of them.

the

Mar 2, 2012
Montreal
If we trade Beaulieu, I would like to get a player of equal potential back. I still believe there's room for Beaulieu to grow and wouldn't want to give him away in a pointless trade.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Was tough to determined on that team who were good and who were good because they were a product of. Zach Philips is another name that comes to mind. Even Galiev. Maybe even Jurco. Moste of them looked incredibly great. And now, it's a battle for most of them.

So perhaps it has less to do with the Habs 'driving another young player into the ground' and more to do with misidentifying a player at the draft table.

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
Both Galchenyuk and Beaulieu aren't coming back, that was painfully obvious after the season they had.

angry pirate

Feb 9, 2009
Anaheim is another team that comes to mind that will likely lose a young defensemen better than Beaulieu. They also have an underperforming center prospect that played for Windsor with Addison and Sergachev in Julius Nattinen.

Not going to be an immediate help, but he had a good draft +1 season before struggling this year. Probably going to be in the AHL this coming year. Could be an interesting target.

Habsfan18

The Hockey Library
May 13, 2003
Ontario
If we trade Beaulieu, I would like to get a player of equal potential back. I still believe there's room for Beaulieu to grow and wouldn't want to give him away in a pointless trade.

In before Beaulieu for Jamie Oleksiak.

I can actually see that being a deal that would interest Bergevin, but not sure if Dallas makes that deal.

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
It's funny, people pretend like it never happened, but last offseason there were tons of people on this message board saying that the Habs would struggle to move the puck, get the puck out of the zone, would struggle with transition, scoring, etc... because of the lack of movement on the backend.

Now we are likely to be even worse in this regard, and people are again plugging their ears and pretending it isn't a problem.

And yet somehow this season we had one of our better GF years and were a top 5 team corsi when all other years we were bottom 3rd everywhere. And not to mention a better PP as well.

Habs advanced stat wise had one of their best offensive seasons in the last 5 years.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Sorry, but I don't think this even qualifies as a rumour. Engels is just tweeting what he thinks will happen, but without any sign at all that there is even any talk about such a trade.

I assume that Engels is speculating that Beaulieu will get traded is because the Habs are afraid he will get claimed by Vegas. Fair enough, but there are quite a few teams who are worried about losing their #4D for nothing and Beaulieu is at least a couple steps down from the top of that list of players.

He was asked if it was speculation or common sense and he replied "neither".

So it's probably a good source.

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
In before Beaulieu for Jamie Oleksiak.

I can actually see that being a deal that would interest Bergevin, but not sure if Dallas makes that deal.

Habs should target Valeri Nichushkin from Dallas...

If Nichushkin didn't like playing for Ruff ,and went to the KHL last year..he won't like Hitchcock..

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
And yet somehow this season we had one of our better GF years and were a top 5 team corsi when all other years we were bottom 3rd everywhere. And not to mention a better PP as well.

Habs advanced stat wise had one of their best offensive seasons in the last 5 years.

Outside of the hot start they were putrid.

Even you can't believe the nonsense that flies out of your mouth. I mean really, you're going to argue the team doesn't have trouble scoring?

Please, please argue that the team doesn't have trouble scoring. I ****ing beg you. I am actually super curious to study human delusion.

Habsfan18

The Hockey Library
May 13, 2003
Ontario
Ryan Pulock would be a solid addition but I have to think a Beaulieu/Pulock swap wouldn't interest NYI.

Rockomax

Jan 16, 2007
Mtl

Although I agree with the general point, I fail to see how we compare to Anaheim's model for defensemen. They have one of the best PMD groups in the league, we have one of the worst.

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003
So perhaps it has less to do with the Habs 'driving another young player into the ground' and more to do with misidentifying a player at the draft table.

You don't see how that's completely 2 different things? There's a bad pick....and then there's TELLING EVERYBODY ELSE how bad a pick it was and make sure they know it BEFORE you offer him to somebody else?

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
Outside of the hot start they were putrid.

Even you can't believe the nonsense that flies out of your mouth. I mean really, you're going to argue the team doesn't have trouble scoring?

Please, please argue that the team doesn't have trouble scoring. I ****ing beg you. I am actually super curious to study human delusion.

They could improve on scoring. But you also said they couldn't move the puck etc... So for how horrible they were the habs managed to be a top 5 corsi team, top 12 PP team and top 15 GF team.

They aren't perfect but they based on advance stats they were a lot better than they were in the past seasons.

Jaynki

Feb 3, 2014
You don't see how that's completely 2 different things? There's a bad pick....and then there's TELLING EVERYBODY ELSE how bad a pick it was and make sure they know it BEFORE you offer him to somebody else?

Teams have their own unique opinion about players and they invest a lot in scouting.

They are not influenced by the media or fans opinions.

The team that will trade for Beaulieu already know what she will get.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
I feel like the Habs are trading from a position of weakness when it comes to Beaulieu and Galchenyuk. Their value isn't the greatest right now and the Habs are the ones who are trying to move them. I'm not expecting great returns for either of them unless they're packaged into a much bigger deal.

That's always the case with younger players. If they're playing at peak capacity they wouldn't be moved in the first place.

V13

Fire Sell Tank
Sep 21, 2005
M1 Habsram

Ya but in principle this should be easier to fix than the center situation. Bring up a guy like Sergachev and bring in another top 4 LHD PMD either via UFA or trade and things should look better on the backend. Don't need for that PMD to be elite but just good/decent. I'm talking about guys like Brodin , Fowler , Shattenkirk types etc here. Of course those guys don't cost peanuts either but they are easier to acquire than true bonafide no1 centers.

Personally im much more concerned about the center situation than the D situation. This is going to be hard as hell to fix in one swoop. And no i don't think guys like Hanzal will cut it. Decent player but not the types of C that can carry a whole line offensively. Habs need a notch about that and this won't be an easy task to acquire not one...but two of those guys.

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003
Teams have their own unique opinion about players and they invest a lot in scouting.

They are not influenced by the media or fans opinions.

The team that will trade for Beaulieu already know what she will get.

But I'm not talking about the fans or the media. I'm talking about how Therrien spoke about him. Talking about how Bergevin spoke about him. HOw he was used....and even NOT used despite our putrid bottom 2 on D. If they know what they're getting...and it wasn't their player, can you imagine that we should not have known from a little while that we were not going to see that much development from him? A 2011 draft pick? Isn't it their job to know what they have? And what those guys can do? Giving Tinordi for nothing...and now? I guess we'll see. Personnally, I think that there is a team out there who also believes there's more to him than what we see. Often the case for a player who has only seen 1 team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad